Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 22:19   #676
BHPian

SL 55 AMG spotted on south side of Brigade Rd in the morning, couple of days back:

Driver looked like some Kannada actor I've seen before, but I wouldn't take my word for it...sweet car, definitely misbadged for import purposes.

And then tonight, I saw not one but two great imports on the way from home!
- Porsche Cayman/911 (hard to say, I was far off on the opp. lane) on Jayamahal Rd.
- The Red Supra on Cubbon Rd.
Old 8th August 2007, 22:50   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
SL 55 AMG spotted on south side of Brigade Rd in the morning, couple of days back:

Driver looked like some Kannada actor I've seen before, but I wouldn't take my word for it...sweet car, definitely misbadged for import purposes.

And then tonight, I saw not one but two great imports on the way from home!
- Porsche Cayman/911 (hard to say, I was far off on the opp. lane) on Jayamahal Rd.
- The Red Supra on Cubbon Rd.
vezj what do you mean by misbadged? the sl55 amg would be far more expensive then a sl 500 to import duty wise. so i dont think the owner would misbadge it for import purposes.
Old 9th August 2007, 09:08   #678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
vezj what do you mean by misbadged? the sl55 amg would be far more expensive then a sl 500 to import duty wise. so i dont think the owner would misbadge it for import purposes.
you'd be surprised, do a search and you might find more.

It does not belong to a Kannada actor, the last I heard although he might dress like one. Have not seen that car for ages in the Club
Old 9th August 2007, 10:08   #679
Senior - BHPian

"you'd be surprised, do a search and you might find more."

but is'nt it logic ajmat, the sl500 is cheaper than the sl55 amg. so the duty would differ. if you mean the guy has done it the other way around bought an sl55amg and badged it to be an sl500.
Old 9th August 2007, 10:28   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
"you'd be surprised, do a search and you might find more."

but is'nt it logic ajmat, the sl500 is cheaper than the sl55 amg. so the duty would differ. if you mean the guy has done it the other way around bought an sl55amg and badged it to be an sl500.

yes, that is obvious maybe he imported it as sl500 and once it was on the road he renamed it as sl55,hence he saved on customs and also managed to get his sl55
Old 9th August 2007, 10:36   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
you'd be surprised, do a search and you might find more.

It does not belong to a Kannada actor, the last I heard although he might dress like one. Have not seen that car for ages in the Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
yes, that is obvious maybe he imported it as sl500 and once it was on the road he renamed it as sl55,hence he saved on customs and also managed to get his sl55
there was one person who did this in bom and only manages the car till the custom guys cought up with him and took his car away. he had to pay a fine for rebadgeing and saveing duty. this was dureing the drive to catch all the defaulters. hope it does'nt happen to this guy.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:04   #682
Senior - BHPian

Here is what I found at the Lavelle Road Shell Bunk.

The wheels are to die for. Had a K badge on the rear, had spotted this beauty once earlier in the Philip's Building near Ulsoor, couldn't click pics then.

Old 10th August 2007, 00:19   #683
Senior - BHPian

wow rj the wheels are to die for. in bom an actor has a similar s class black colour with spinners on his wheel. without the spinners also the wheels are to die for.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:41   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in bom an actor has a similar s class black colour with spinners on his wheel. without the spinners also the wheels are to die for.
The famous actor who`s in trouble these days ?
Old 10th August 2007, 00:49   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
The famous actor who`s in trouble these days ?
yes my friend. the car looks really nice but to drive the 20" wheels is a pain. drove the car. u feel like you have a flat tyre.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:06   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The wheels are to die for. Had a K badge on the rear, had spotted this beauty once earlier in the Philip's Building near Ulsoor, couldn't click pics then.

Those are Kahn Wheels and they are seriously HOT!! Had posted more details about them on this thread earlier. Nice catch!!
Old 10th August 2007, 01:13   #687
Senior - BHPian

"Those are Kahn Wheels and they are seriously HOT!! Had posted more details about them on this thread earlier. Nice catch!!"

have'nt heard of this company iraghava. the wheels look hot no doubt. would like to know more about this company and other designs for the wheels. which site could i refer too. thanks
Old 10th August 2007, 01:19   #688
Senior - BHPian

Those wheels give the car such an impressive stance.

Lavelle Rd has always been a good place to look for imports. Remember going to Airlines Hotel many years ago, to oogle at some of the 'hot wheels' that used to frequent the place.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:24   #689
BHPian

That car also has sports exhaust package along with the kahn bodykit and rims.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:28   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Those are Kahn Wheels and they are seriously HOT!! Had posted more details about them on this thread earlier. Nice catch!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Those wheels give the car such an impressive stance.

Lavelle Rd has always been a good place to look for imports. Remember going to Airlines Hotel many years ago, to oogle at some of the 'hot wheels' that used to frequent the place.
i would say impressive stance is an understatement nitin. they make the car look killer cool.
there are places in bombay also where you can spot a good set of wheels but i was refering to was a site where i could get designs on the kahn wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks