Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 12:57   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
hey guys,

there is another one with the no. 6666 is this the same one with changed number plate?

Note from Mod - please do not unnecessarily requote pics - we need the space

Last edited by ajmat : 13th August 2007 at 13:01. Reason: Pics requoted unnecessarily
Old 13th August 2007, 13:04   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
heres some more pics of the green 911 - again courtesy manishasrani

enjoy,
j
this must be the third 911 TURBO in the country
1>red in mumbai
2>grey colour in mumbai(it had come for the porsche road show in lonavala or somewhere i guess)

Last edited by Rtech : 13th August 2007 at 13:13. Reason: Do not quote entire posts in your replies. You have been informed of this before.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:12   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
this must be the third 911 TURBO in the country
1>red in mumbai
2>grey colour in mumbai(it had come for the porsche road show in lonavala or somewhere i guess)
the green porsche turbo in the picture belonged to a prominent builder from mumbai.he also owned a 98 911 blue colour which he sold. i know of a black 911 turbo in mumbai. it belongs to a parsee gentleman who lives quite close to my house. that was the first turbo to be brought in officially by the showroom.

Last edited by speedy : 13th August 2007 at 13:20. Reason: information missing
Old 13th August 2007, 15:19   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the green porsche turbo in the picture belonged to a prominent builder from mumbai.he also owned a 98 911 blue colour which he sold. . it belongs to a parsee gentleman who lives quite close to my house. that was the first turbo to be brought in officially by the showroom.
ah a black one you say,wasnt aware of that,so the number comes upto
3-4 i guess
Old 14th August 2007, 22:32   #710
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just got an SMS from a school friend that he has managed to Import a souped up Nissan Silvia. Will be taking it out for a spin tomorrow morning. So all you guys keep an eye out for an unregistered white import.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:46   #711
Senior - BHPian

It's atleast 5 years old, so it's a black import. Anyway, tell him to be a man and get it to the dragstrip.
Old 14th August 2007, 22:57   #712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It's atleast 5 years old, so it's a black import. Anyway, tell him to be a man and get it to the dragstrip.
I do not have further details on the car YET. And I meant the car is in WHITE COLOUR. And one's manliness is not proved by getting it to the drag strip. Some don't NEED to show off.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th August 2007 at 22:59.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:02   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I do not have further details on the car YET. And I meant the car is in WHITE COLOUR. And one's manliness is not proved by getting it to the drag strip. Some don't NEED to show off.
its not about being a show off or proving ones manliness mclaren. its about knowing your car better. its where man and machine become one. congratulations to your friend for his fresh import.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:04   #714
BHPian

i saw a blue beemer in my basement today ... a real shocker, i used to oggle at all the civics and octavias (and one rd350) and i saw a beemer today. sitting all by itself in the corner... dont know if i should take pics because the watchmen keep roaming around the place and it'd be mighty suspicious if they caught me taking pics...

but still, i felt sad after seeing that car... i wish the owner was a neighbour of mine ( a hot female whose brother left her the car and she doesnt know how to drive it and needs help with starting and parking it late at night )

unfortunately it'll probably be owned by some old guy :(
Old 14th August 2007, 23:11   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
its not about being a show off or proving ones manliness mclaren. its about knowing your car better. its where man and machine become one. congratulations to your friend for his fresh import.
Speedy rest assured that this friend of mine is a very private kind of a person. It came as a shock to me when he managed to get hold of my number and send me an SMS. I have lost touch with him for over 3 years now. He found me through orkut and after looking at my track pics got in touch with a mutual friend and got through to me I am told. As far as knowing your car better is concerned I am already making plans of taking him to the track . Though he is not a person keen on motorsports I hear he just wanted a fast car and he liked the Silvia (shame he didn't bring down the big brother). Let me see what I can do. I am very eager to meet him tomorrow. Rest of the details will be up shortly.
Old 14th August 2007, 23:26   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Speedy rest assured that this friend of mine is a very private kind of a person. It came as a shock to me when he managed to get hold of my number and send me an SMS. I have lost touch with him for over 3 years now. He found me through orkut and after looking at my track pics got in touch with a mutual friend and got through to me I am told. As far as knowing your car better is concerned I am already making plans of taking him to the track . Though he is not a person keen on motorsports I hear he just wanted a fast car and he liked the Silvia (shame he didn't bring down the big brother). Let me see what I can do. I am very eager to meet him tomorrow. Rest of the details will be up shortly.
i got friends too with mean machines but dont like bringing it to the track. ferrari f430, dodge viper, 850ci, skyline(not the one from the post), sl55amg to name a few. all these guys dont even take out the cars that often. like to keep in private and safe . the track is the safest place to test speed. going to the track does not nesicarily mean you race you could watch others too. take some pictures for sure of the car would like to see it in white.
Old 15th August 2007, 01:10   #717
Senior - BHPian

Nice! I hope the Silvia's been maintained well..
Some of the modded Silvias that I've seen were so well taken care of, and were stunning (both looks & performance)
Old 15th August 2007, 21:17   #718
BANNED

I typed a long story of my experience with the Silvia but 80% through there was a power cut . And I am down with a viral fever since I returned this morning so will try to type as much as I can.

To cut a long story short my friend managed to crack the side skirts and nudge the front bumper on a speedbraker near my house (luckily he says he has about 12 spare sets lying at home, yes both bumpers and skirts). Yes, yes I felt like kicking myself. Car is running a ground effects bodykit. With decals running over the sides and the hood. Running 18'' BBS rims, cooper tires, a mother of a spoiler, racing seats (brand name not printed), short shifter, drool meters, all that jazz without any ICE. Some how it doesn't look overdone. It looks very simple, clean and very adorable to the eyes.

It is a 2000 model car running some performance upgrades. Engine is a SR20DET. Running a Motec 400 ECU that redlines at 8,500. Engine is putting out 472bhp at the wheels. He doesn't remember the torque figures. He can drive. Like I mentioned earlier he is a very reserved person and he hasn't changed one bit since school and college days. I didn't even bother to ask him if I could drive. We returned home at about 5am. I did ask him to come down sometime when he is free so that I could take a few pics and put them up here (since it was still dark at 5am). He says he doesn't want any of that jazz. And I don't want to invade his privacy. However, I have told him about TBHP and he said he will have a look at it. Hopefully, we will see him here soon putting up a detailed report on his ride.

And all those of you who live around Sadashivnagar, you might spot the car on the same road as Sadashivnagar Foodworld. The car belongs to the grandson of a famous politician. Thats all I can reveal.

And I did ask him why he called ME of all people to show his car. He says I want to take the car on track, so needed all the details (since he had read about my track escapades on orkut). Needless to say, I was damn happy to hear him say that and gave him the contact number of the people in charge of the MMST track. Here is one man who is willing to treat his the car the way it should be.

PS: Car has been imported from Dubai.
PS 2: This car along with the Exige S go to the top of the list of the cars I would want to own. So, whose gifting me one?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th August 2007 at 21:26.
Old 15th August 2007, 22:17   #719
Senior - BHPian

very nice mclaren, looks like you had a wild ride in the silvia. man 12 spare sets of the bumpers and skirt man. this friend of yours is well prepared for damages. hope he likes the site and lets you post some pictures or joins in himself. i think the people of bangalore are going to have a feild day on the track watching the silvia. please post some pictures from the track.
dont mind sending you both the cars exige s and silvia since you are sick. PS - would a 1: 18 do or do you want a bigger model .
take care and get well soon.
Old 15th August 2007, 22:24   #720
Senior - BHPian

Uuughh couldnt you let your ego down for once and ask him for a drive ?
Never mind there's always a 2nd chance.

Lucky that you got a drive in it.
Quote:
I typed a long story of my experience with the Silvia but 80% through there was a power cut .
There is something called UPS. Get one !
Quote:
And I am down with a viral fever since I returned this morning so will try to type as much as I can.
Go see a doc' and dont spread the virus. Above all keep away from your GF .

Quote:
And all those of you who live around Sadashivnagar, you might spot the car on the same road as Sadashivnagar Foodworld. The car belongs to the grandson of a famous politician.
Guess I know the place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks