Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 14:33   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The commitment to maintain Team-BHP's QUALITY!

I second all the compliments expressed here for the founders of Team BHP and the moderators and all others who volunteer their time to building a first class community and a world class library of information unsullied by commercial pressures. The intolerance for poor quality in form and content is why many of us haunt Team BHP each day.

Some observations - our community needs diversity to get richer and better and to be ready for tomorrow. We need more members who are women, who are older and younger (the latter I see happening nicely) and people from diverse professions. Some aspects of diversity I see happening steadily e.g. members from towns outside the big 10. Our community right now is skewed towards the member who is 25 to 37 year old, male, IT professional, upper middle class, Indian. The nature of Team BHP's focus would make it difficult in the short run to get too far away from the upper middle class and Indian characteristics but the parameters on gender, profession and age could be looked at.

In the long run if India becomes the world's 4th or 3rd largest car market TBHP could morph into a more international community and library - the green shoots are already there with the diaspora, some members from neighbouring countries and some enthusiasts from Commonwealth countries.

My compliments and best wishes to all the selfless individuals who run Team BHP.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 16th September 2017 at 14:39.
V.Narayan is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:37   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I just wanted to put in this note to THANK THE ENTIRE SUPPORT TEAM..
The complex and massive out of sight activities by the support team, moderators and administrators have ensured that TBHP is one of the most sought after forum on automobiles. I thank all the members of the support team, the moderators and the administrators from the bottom of my heart for their unconditional and self-less dedication to the forum. I pledge to abide by the rules, maintain the standards of the forum and hope to learn from this wonderful association.
Warm Regards
Kuldeep Sanyal

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd September 2018 at 13:19.
Kuldeep31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 13:53   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Sure. Being my first post in this forum I was unsure if I should quote an entire post or only some parts of it. Thanks for pointing out the anomaly.
Warm Regards

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd September 2018 at 14:07. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 24th September 2018, 16:31   #274
BHPian

Thanks to the mods, other distinguished senior members and automobile enthusiasts for making this forum the "definitive" one!

An interesting observation : When I was/am car-hunting, and generally whenever I visit auto-expos or there's some manufacturer's stall setup at my office tech-park premises -- when I tell them that I'm a T-BHP member, the demeanour of many sales-persons/staff changes ! They show that extra courtesy and generally don't pitch their usual sales-talk with me, they just get to the crisp points related to the vehicle-on-display's tech-specs with no BS. Advantage T-BHP !
KrisTvpm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 13:27   #275

Appreciate the hard work put in by the Moderators!!
Initially I used to struggle trying to figure out how best I could navigate the site and was even banned from posting (again, appreciate the moderators being vigilant). It did get me a bit upset and I restrained from being active on the site, however, stayed connected with fellow BHPians and attended sessions on safe drive/meets etc.
Proud to be associated with this forum!!!
sarbaric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 15:22   #276
BHPian

Hello all. First of all thanks to the moderators for keeping the forum tidy. As a TBHP member, it is my endeavor to help the moderators for the same. With regards to guidelines of the forum, I would be grateful if someone conveys the best method to get your queries answered if you have posted in a thread but did not receive the reply. Are we allowed to post the same query in multiple threads?

Thanks.
Arsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 11:41   #277
BHPian

Kudos to the moderators! Keep up the excellent work.
NAVREVV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 10:49   #278

Bravo TBHP. I certainly have had a huge respect for the forum rules and moderated forum to specifically follow all board rules and yet have a huge active patrons. Even a great and unbiased opinions and intellect. I certainly hope to grow mutually with the forum. I certainly thank all the moderators who have accepted me into this esteemed forum. My best wishes to all. Drive safe.
ssmanipal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 13:52   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Some observations - our community needs diversity to get richer and better and to be ready for tomorrow. We need more members who are women, who are older and younger (the latter I see happening nicely) and people from diverse professions.
The comment makes it look like the moderators have some kind of bias when they approve membership, which I don't think is the case. I believe they purely look at the level of interest the applicant has in automobiles.

I do not think you can make people take interest into something that they are not passionate about. Forum would love to have more women or older people, but if they are not applying or their application does not convey the interest sufficiently, their membership would not be approved by moderators. I do not think just for the sake diversity, forum should lower the bar on eligibility. This will just add numbers to forum but at the same time lower the quality of content, which all of us are so proud of.
shipnil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 12:10   #280
BHPian

Two of my posts were recently edited by mods, than giving me an infraction or warning. I'm really glad mods go to the extent of editing the whole post than just pointing out.
This act makes me feel more guilty than getting a warning.
Honestly, Now I'm more vigilant in writing here, than writing an official email or tech documents at my profession. (FYI, its a highly regarded aerospace company)
Kudos to Mods for getting to this extent and keeping the community clean.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 18:59   #281

It is the most amazing forum I have ever come across.
Every post written here is detailed, to the point and explained in the best possible way. The standards that this forum maintains, makes it a class apart. I can say that Team-BHP is a source of encouragement and happiness to me. The discipline maintained is extraordinary.
Best Wishes to all the moderators and members.
RupamK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 16:30   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
.... seen many posts with grammatical errors and punctuation errors. Somehow it breaks the flow of reading.....
I find several posts where the user has spelt 'brake' as 'break' - it kind of breaks my attention span to continue reading the post thereafter

One thing which all of us can easily do is to quote only relevant portions of the post - moderators have been flashing this message, but it does keep repeating.

Quoting only the relevant part makes a post more readable and focuses ones' attention on a specific topic/item.

PS - I am seeing more new entrants now-a-days as compared to the days when I was enrolled. Is my observation correct? Can we have a user count waterfall (year-wise), if it is not made available so far, please?

Last edited by vrprabhu : 31st July 2019 at 16:32. Reason: Added an observation....
vrprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 10:38   #283
BHPian

I see a lot of Team-bhp posts with documents, brochures etc in a non-English Language like Hindi, Kannada, Tamil etc. I know India is a vast country with lots of local languages, but English is the only common language which binds us in this forum.

Can the admins think of making a rule that any non-English post must include a summary English translation?
car_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 11:16   #284
Senior - BHPian

Guys a few of my posts have been edited off late for spacing. With a commitment to improve the quality, I want to understand what is really meant by this.
I post from Phone most of the time (using the browser and not the app) but sometimes I use my Laptop as well. I have realised that readability varies in both methods. What looks good in one doesn't necessarily look so in the other.
Intention of this post is to understand what needs to be done in order to ensure that too many of my posts do not need editing.

I normally space my posts like this one. It looks fine on mobile browser but ends up edited a few times.

Last edited by vibbs : 29th February 2020 at 11:19.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 12:31   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys a few of my posts have been edited off late for spacing. With a commitment to improving the quality, I want to understand what is really meant by this.

I post from Phone most of the time (using the browser and not the app) but sometimes I use my Laptop as well. I have realised that readability varies in both methods. What looks good in one doesn't necessarily look so in the other.
The intention of this post is to understand what needs to be done in order to ensure that too many of my posts do not need editing.

I normally space my posts like this one. It looks fine on mobile browser but ends up edited a few times.
Edits done for spacing could be the line gap between two paragraphs. Helps in improving readability for laptop/mobile users.

For example: see the quote, I have added a 'line space' in between the first and second paragraph. Feels easy on the eyes and one can 'read' it better (no offence sir).
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks