Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 00:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP: BOSS of Indian Online Communities, says FactorDaily

Congratulations to team bhp! with the rise in the ownership of automobiles and internet access in India, membership will only ascend. Also, due to diversity in road condition/traffic behavior/climate/civic sense/law enforcement here, I believe the forum will bring out one of the most enriching details about vehicle ownership.

About the membership acquisition, I believe, an objective type test would be beneficial in identification of rightful members. Drafting skills can be judged by a small random essay.
gatsby_great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 07:25   #62
BHPian

The best part of team-bhp is that it is not a paid article, the official reviews, and you know it when you drive the car as its in exactly the way in there. Also the moderation here is really good.

A bad comment in between a good article just sours the mood. So hats off!
docswarna26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 07:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I didn't see a thread on this, so starting one since I am personally happy to see this article on our community from factordaily.com

https://factordaily.com/team-bhp-profile/

Quote:
“They crack down big time on trolls and non-relevant answers, or if you post stuff with grammatical errors and typos. Membership is slightly tricky at times,”
It’s great news that our forum is not only the biggest knowledge repository but also the streamlined channel for getting technical support and now it’s getting acknowledged by people around us. I also would like to point to one fact that has been mentioned in the same report quoted above.

Why because I happen to get an infraction for “poor spelling and grammar” some time back and I was not happy about that. I’m sure that almost all in our forum make sure that we share our content with at-most accuracy and grammatical perfection that I too have read from the many of the announcements including below mentioned one:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

And to make sure this has been followed, I use MS Word [including for this post] and thereby eliminating chance for any form of error. But still somehow I got infraction and I don’t know why. So, my request to all mods is taking action on poorly structured statements/posts are welcome to keep our quality standards top class, but it should be verified thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Definitely worth a read & proud to be part of this community!

regards,
winsler
winsler_srider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
We never brag about being the biggest or fastest, what matters to us is the quality of what we put out and the fact that we steadfastly stay true to our core viewer, the Indian car owner!
Well summed up, noopster.

I would echo the same train of thought and believe that this is one of the highlights of what makes TBhp stand out from others and achieve the unique position that it holds which has been well laid out in the article.
AlphaLamb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:58   #65
BHPian

Proud to be part of this great community. Thanks to all the moderators for continuously maintaining high standards, also to all the contributors for informative threads on various topics.

Information gained, knowledge obtained over the years through Team-BHP is priceless. It's like a addiction, you have invoked good reading habit in this social media age. Not to forget letting us know the importance of grammar, good English through infractions, thus making us better contributors too.

Now a days I spend most of my free time/journey time indulging in useful T-BHP threads instead of wasting time on FB/WhatsApp etc. There is so much to read!
Nempuguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:10   #66
BHPian

Extremely proud to read this. The high standards that this forum maintains is impeccable. Special thanks to the moderators & Kudos to each and everyone of us.

I remember how desperate I was to get on board - tried 5 times unsuccessfully during 6 years, finally got lucky the 6th time. By the time I got in, I was so cautious of maintaining the high standards that I have not yet glued the proud TeamBhp stickers on my car, as my car has visible dents and scratches (I fear it would reflect poorly on the quality and commitment to the cars that we drive as teambhpians).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 12:28   #67
BHPian

My car got featured in the article!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP: BOSS of Indian Online Communities, says FactorDaily-car.jpg  

BlackPanda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 18:11   #68
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't Team-BHP already the BOSS? Those who knew already knew, For other's this article is just like an official proof.

We all cannot probably thank the moderating team enough for keeping the forums always clean & tidy, Cannot probably thank GTO enough as well, But also i feel each and every Bhpian makes the forums what it is right now, Every ownership thread, Post, There is always just soo much content here that i find myself being on Team-BHP more than any other social site, I have my Team-bhp Stickers on both my car's and i am really proud to have them, Even though i have always preferred to keep my car's sticker free, But some rules can always be bent a little

Way to go Team-BHP !
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 18:46   #69
BHPian

The fact that almost everyone of us waits eagerly for a team-bhp review of a new launch despite 100s of them already being around is just one indicator of how seriously the forum and its members take themselves in terms of maintaining quality and neutrality. Add to that the vast reservoir of information from everyone around, sharing without any hesitation, is what makes it so different from the rest. Even a complete ignoramus like me who simply loves cars and wants to know more about them has learnt so much! Thanks, Team-bhp!
uthra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 20:18   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

An exceptional article on an exceptional forum. Hats off to GTO and the other moderators for creating something that is truly unique. I was amazed to learn that GTO also personally funded the forum for several years while resisting the temptation to seek auto ads. That certainly took courage and foresight, and to my mind has led not only to Team BHP emerging as one of the highest quality forums, but also attracting the deep engagement from a high quality audience that is difficult to replicate by any media vehicle.

However, as a banker, I do think you should look to make the forum more advertiser friendly, in order to ensure that this forum can sustain and grow. While we don't want spam or car ads, selling this audience to other high end marketers is a legitimate way of funding the forum - and we don't seem to do enough of it. In particular the mobile app and the mobile site are spaces where I see no ads at all - which is not something that I see as a recipe for sustained financial viability. Something for GTO and the full time team to think about.

Sorry for the gratuitous advice and congrats once again.
Hayek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 20:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

However, as a banker, I do think you should look to make the forum more advertiser friendly, in order to ensure that this forum can sustain and grow. While we don't want spam or car ads, selling this audience to other high end marketers is a legitimate way of funding the forum - and we don't seem to do enough of it. In particular the mobile app and the mobile site are spaces where I see no ads at all - which is not something that I see as a recipe for sustained financial viability. Something for GTO and the full time team to think about.

Sorry for the gratuitous advice and congrats once again.
An interesting perspective. I fear however that once advertisers get in the bias will also set in.

However, the concern about financial viability is also true. Perhaps today GTO and team are able to fund it but to be fair to the TBhp management team one way could be to open up for donations (like many sites do). Donations would be purely voluntary and if I use teambhp, I would be inclined to donate a little!!

I see that tBhp is so good because it is run by people who treat it as their own.
The last thing one wants (at least speaking for myself) is to make it commercial.
deep_bang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 21:46   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
An exceptional article on an exceptional forum. Hats off to GTO and the other moderators for creating something that is truly unique. I was amazed to learn that GTO also personally funded the forum for several years while resisting the temptation to seek auto ads. That certainly took courage and foresight, and to my mind has led not only to Team BHP emerging as one of the highest quality forums, but also attracting the deep engagement from a high quality audience that is difficult to replicate by any media vehicle.

Well said Hayek. Wise words that could have come from the one your handle is named for

Dear Members of T-BHP, Talking of sustained long term financial viability I wonder if T-BHP should seek an annual and/or joining subscription fee from those who pass the filter test. Very contentious topic no doubt and I suspect there will be some vigorous views for and against (in true T-BHP style!). On the other hand by not charging the members T-BHP retains the moral high ground vis a vis maintaining member quality and exiting those who don't adhere to the standards. Let this thought be tossed into the fray.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 31st May 2017 at 21:49.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 10:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

WOW! great to know of the viewership loyalty TEAM BHP commands today.

With great power comes great responsibility. To exceed expectation.

I feel that a great word of mouth arising from strictly neutral and non-paid frank opinion here , about the best and worst designed and priced models of cars and bikes are the best advertisement for the auto maker.

Regarding revenues without compromises, a nominal pay per view of Rs 0.10 per hour of view, ( that is remitted after every Rs 100 accrues to the website) and capped at Rs 750 per annum , will generate a fortune for the website. There are thousands hooked to Team BHP. A complimentary team bhp coffee mug or wallet etc welcomed by loyalists beyond that payment!

Last edited by vinay kamath : 1st June 2017 at 10:30.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 16:03   #74
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see the well deserved recognition.

Yes it is really hard to stay relevant in this new age but the sheer quality of the content and the enforcement measures to take care of poor language and trolls is paying dividends.

Invariably when searching for detailed content / reviews of any vehicle TBHP pops up among the first few results if not the first search result. Further the detailing seen in posts and the level of discussion and dissecting carried out on threads ensures that the reader ends his search with TBHP.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 17:04   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Donations would be purely voluntary and if I use teambhp, I would be inclined to donate a little!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I wonder if T-BHP should seek an annual and/or joining subscription fee from those who pass the filter test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
Regarding revenues without compromises, a nominal pay per view of Rs 0.10 per hour of view, ( that is remitted after every Rs 100 accrues to the website) and capped at Rs 750 per annum
Gentlemen, thank you!

This has come up often. I don't want to take the thread off-topic, but we're all set financially. Also, I've never been keen on donations or charging members any fee.

Let's get back to discussing the FactorDaily article.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks