Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore

Guys, off topic.
Is the nitrogen being filled into the tyre pure enough?
How does one know the percentage of nitrogen coming out from the pump? Is there a way to detect this?
And what is the manufacturer's claim of purity?
Old 24th October 2012, 14:36   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
When there are several pumps that fill Nitrogen for free-of-cost in the same locality, I fail to understand how could this be a saving in general?

I am not sure regarding your home-location (if it is close-by to this shop) though. If one is staying close to this shop - it might make sense like your case.

I am also put-up in HSR, nevertheless - going to them only to get the Typre re-filled is definitely a No-No option for me. My personal choice would be to combine the Nitro-Filling along with your fuel re-fillings at one of those pumps who deliver Nitro re-fills free (one can definitely find one such on their regular commutes). This would Save some Fuel too!!
What petrol pump offers free Nitrogen fill up? All petrol pumps i have visited charge a small fee for it. Even the petrol pump in Bellandur(IOC) charges ten bucks a tyre.
Old 24th October 2012, 15:01   #93
BHPian

IOCL COCO pump in Koramangala (from sony world junction towards Regional Passport Office) - offers free nitrogen if you fill fuel worth 1000 or more.

BTW - if you commute in sarjapur road, you could use castrol pit stop in Total Mall as well for nitrogen fill. Word of caution - there is a vehicle entry fee for total mall - but if you state that you are going only to fill nitrogen - they will let you in without entry fee.
Old 24th October 2012, 16:00   #94
BHPian

Thanks for the information. The Sony world pump is on my way to work. I will check it out next time i need a refill.
Old 24th October 2012, 16:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Plus HSR always tops up my car tyres at no charge. I guess it helps that I get the balancing and alignment done there too.
Old 29th October 2012, 10:50   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Tyre Plus HSR always tops up my car tyres at no charge. I guess it helps that I get the balancing and alignment done there too.
Where is this shop located boss? My Liva's rear-left Tyre got punctured yesterday and have to get this job done. Hope they undertake such work too before a Nitrogen re-fill
Old 29th October 2012, 12:12   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Where is this shop located boss? My Liva's rear-left Tyre got punctured yesterday and have to get this job done. Hope they undertake such work too before a Nitrogen re-fill
Its on 27th main about 300 metres ahead of the BP petrol bunk as you go towards ORR. Its on the left side.(You will see Michelin boards).
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 16:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

Last month I'd switched to nitrogen in my car's tyres at a wheel balancing shop on Old airport Road. Forgot the name of the establishment but their shop has a new & bright Apollo Tyres sign board and this shop, if you're travelling on Old Airport Road coming from Marathahalli side, is on the left and just a block before Total Mall on the same road.

Usual charge, 150 bucks for 5 tyres the 1st time you fill and 10 bucks/tyre when you top-up.
Old 30th October 2012, 16:49   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
if you're travelling on Old Airport Road coming from Marathahalli side, is on the left and just a block before Total Mall on the same road.
Guess you are saying of newly opened tyre shop located here http://goo.gl/maps/CWUNT . Though I stay near by I too dont remember the shop name apart from the Apollo tyre board. One issue with that shop what I feel is entry to the shop is at a congested street junction with old airport road, hence if one car is worked up on you dont have an option to park and wait.
Old 30th October 2012, 17:31   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Guess you are saying of newly opened tyre shop located here http://goo.gl/maps/CWUNT . Though I stay near by I too dont remember the shop name apart from the Apollo tyre board. One issue with that shop what I feel is entry to the shop is at a congested street junction with old airport road, hence if one car is worked up on you dont have an option to park and wait.
Hi Suhas,

Yes, that's exactly the one. I think that either the shop is called Ganesh tyres or the owner [a fairly old, bald gentleman] is called Ganesh. Not very sure of the name.

True, the disadvantage is that even if 2 two-wheels are in the shop or if a car is parked inside/outside their shop, the 2nd vehicle will have to wait by the side of the road [which is a parking fine magnet].

I also heard that the HP petrol bunk down the same side of the road [after ISRO signal] also fills nitrogen, but unsure of this. Apart from this, not aware of any other place on Old airport road right up till Marathahalli signal junction, that fills nitrogen in tyres.

ajay K
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:38   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Its on 27th main about 300 metres ahead of the BP petrol bunk as you go towards ORR. Its on the left side.(You will see Michelin boards).
Thanks Shankar & Zoombie, I had been to this shop today. I now realised that Tyre Plus and Tyre Empire are both their names only (Tyre Plus being a "Brand-Franchise" name from Michelin and "Tyre Empire" being their own name).

Their handling was good & the job was neat. We found that there was no puncture on the tyre though.

There was only a screw in between the Tyre pattern which was removed. Luckily no Puncture. After this puncture-check, they replaced the used spare-wheel with the actual tyre at the left rear side - which was lying on the boot. Spare tyre again put back to rest with 34 PSI nitrogen (they recommended 2 extra PSIs for the Spare alone). Each tyre that was removed is neatly washed before setting back to positions.

I already have Nitrogen filled in all my Tyres, they did a FREE Top-Up for all my 5 Tyres (though the initial filling was not done at their shop for 50*5= 250 bucks). They said if their shop is not crowded, they do top-ups totally FREE, while in crowded days (especially week-ends), they don't entertain such refills.

Total cost for the whole process: INR 50/- including taxes (with computerised bill) which I would say is quite fair.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
(they recommended 2 extra PSIs for the Spare alone).

They said if their shop is not crowded, they do top-ups totally FREE, while in crowded days (especially week-ends), they don't entertain such refills.
I have not understood the extra 2PSI for spare tyre idea. They always suggest that to me and I turn it down. I always make sure the spare is kept at optimal pressure every time I top up. I dont see any valid reason for the extra 2 PSI.
For top-ups go on a weekday. They do it free of cost. They refuse top ups on weekends outrightly over weekends, if they have a couple of cars in their bay.
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:06   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I have not understood the extra 2PSI for spare tyre idea. They always suggest that to me and I turn it down. I always make sure the spare is kept at optimal pressure every time I top up. I dont see any valid reason for the extra 2 PSI.
For top-ups go on a weekday. They do it free of cost. They refuse top ups on weekends outrightly over weekends, if they have a couple of cars in their bay.
I asked the same question to them, the response was that on regular top-ups (say monthly), one doesn't have to worry about the spare wheel. Only during planned long drives (or say once in 3 / 4 months, whichever is earlier) we shall check the spare wheel in such a case of 34 PSI fills.

Additionally, I agreed to this because in this same thread I read Shankar.Balan doing pretty well with 34 PSI fill for all his wheels without any harm.

I am not a Tyre Expert though. If someone has a better idea / picture, it could be suggested here.

Cheers!!
M
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

Guys I don't think that pure Nitrogen filled tyres gives you a significant advantage over air. Read some facts on this link http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-...th-added-cost/
Old 17th November 2012, 08:22   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

The IOCL Woodland Agencies, opposite to the Woodlands hotel provide free top up for cars who fill fuel for 1000 bucks or above.

The only problem with these guys is they dont stock sufficient diesel. Else as far as my experience goes, no distracting techniques, jumping the meter tricks at this bunk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks