Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Are there any pumps on ORR between Mysore road and Deve gowda petrol pump that offer Nitrogen top ups. What are the charges per tyre?
You can check out at the Bosch car care, Adigas just after the NICE corridor signal. Normally BCS have them.
Old 5th August 2014, 09:30   #122
BHPian

Re: Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Are there any pumps on ORR between Mysore road and Deve gowda petrol pump that offer Nitrogen top ups. What are the charges per tyre?
There is one Indian Oil Petrol Bunk just after Nayandahalli under pass left had side service road while going towards Nagarbhaavi. They charge Rs. 20 for first time and Rs. 10 for top-up.
Old 9th January 2015, 13:24   #123
BHPian

Where can I go for Nitrogen re-fill in Frazer Town, Cox Town, Ulsoor or Indiranagar area? Please suggest as soon as you guys can. Also, what should be the tire pressure for Ritz ZXi? As we're (4 healthy people) about to begin a 1500kms ride tomorrow.
Old 9th January 2015, 13:38   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Where can I go for Nitrogen re-fill in Frazer Town, Cox Town, Ulsoor or Indiranagar area? Please suggest as soon as you guys can. Also, what should be the tire pressure for Ritz ZXi? As we're (4 healthy people) about to begin a 1500kms ride tomorrow.
You could try Basha Alignment centre on the connection road from Fraser/Cox town to Shivajinagar. They fill nitrogen at Rs 20/- for a top up or Rs 30/- per tyre for a fresh fill.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 15:25   #125
BHPian

I used to fill Nitrogen at Dodda Banaswadi BP petrol bunk ( Opposite Mcdonalds / Pizzahut ). They charge Rs 30 / per tyre for the fresh fill and Rs 10 / per tyre for refill.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 19th January 2015 at 15:27. Reason: Changing the values
Old 19th January 2015, 16:24   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
You could try Basha Alignment centre on the connection road from Fraser/Cox town to Shivajinagar. They fill nitrogen at Rs 20/- for a top up or Rs 30/- per tyre for a fresh fill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I used to fill Nitrogen at Dodda Banaswadi BP petrol bunk ( Opposite Mcdonalds / Pizzahut ). They charge Rs 30 / per tyre for the fresh fill and Rs 10 / per tyre for refill.
Thanks Fullrevs. I actually went to the HP petrol pump in the lane of Thoms Store (Not the one opposite to it). The guy charged me 20 bucks per tyre for fresh fill.
Old 1st February 2015, 21:57   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
I found the answer to my question today. My understanding is that you need to top up at least once in 3 months. I did the last top up at the time of the regular service which was 5 months back. Did the top up today -- tyres had a pressure of 27 PSI only which is low. Topped it up to 33 PSI. At 27 PSI, tyres won't look deflated, neither can you press it and understand much.

Struggled to find a nitrogen filling center near by Sarjapur road. I went to 6 places as below before I was successful:
1) IOC petrol pump before Bellandur central -- facility not working
2) Castrol pit stop in Total mall, Sarjapur road -- Closed
3) Castrol pit stop in HSR opp to NIFT -- Closed (Is Tuesday a holiday for Castrol pit stop or did they go bust?)
4) Shop 'Tyre Plus' in 27th Main, HSR -- Not entertaining mere Nitrogen top ups
5) Tyre empire opp to Sun city on Sarjapur rd - ORR jn -- Was told that they don't have the facility. Not sure if they lied !!
6) Yokohoma tyre center in Sarjapur rd -- Could not find it

Spent a couple of liters of petrol searching around and I was getting ready to top up with air. Got to the place ultimately: There is an IOC petrol pump opp to Agara lake. Take the road by the side of it, come straight almost to the end. It is on the left side. Coordinates are: 12.907445, 77.644784 ( You can enter raw co-ordinates in GPS or Google maps and navigate to your destination).

Another place where I was told that you can do top up is the HP petrol pump , Opp to JSS college and BDA complex, HSR. I did not go and check personally about this place.
There is a tyre shop on the Bellandur service road (from Shell towards Sarjapur Road Signal) near Akme apartment. They look like a local shop but have a nitrogen machine (a brand new one) and charges Rs 10/- per tyre for a top-up.

Last edited by abhilashgp : 1st February 2015 at 21:58.
abhilashgp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 11:30   #128
BHPian

There is a tyre shop on the HRBR layout ( next to Hennur Banaswadi Club ) and I went there to fill Nitrogen. They charged Rs.10/ per tyre for the top-up.

I saw a new tyre shop named as PIT Stop on the service road of HRBR layout ( near Samsung showroom ).
Old 23rd February 2015, 10:09   #129
BHPian

I'm a regular here at Basaveshwaranagar and they're good:
Charges - Rs. 10 for top-up.

This is a Bridgestone tyres shop on the stretch from Pavitra Paradise towards West Of Chord Road.
Right opposite to Bharat Petroleum bunk, diagonally opposite to Gangamma Timmaiah Convention hall / Basaveshwaranagar Police Station.
Old 6th April 2015, 18:18   #130
Senior - BHPian

Folks, where is the nearest nitrogen filling station near to lalbagh? Preferably an IOC bunk.
Old 6th April 2015, 18:43   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, where is the nearest nitrogen filling station near to lalbagh? Preferably an IOC bunk.
Go to Tyre Professionals which is closer to the Lalbagh West gate. Reliable and quick service. This is on Kanakapura road though. Take the National college road from the west gate and turn left at the next signal. This is on the right hand side a couple of roads ahead.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 16:00   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Go to Tyre Professionals which is closer to the Lalbagh West gate. Reliable and quick service. This is on Kanakapura road though. Take the National college road from the west gate and turn left at the next signal. This is on the right hand side a couple of roads ahead.
Went to tyre professionals today and got the tires filled with nitrogen including the spare. Since it was the first time it came upto 170 rs. (35 rs for one tyre). Very courteous folks and also it was very quick hardly took 10 mins. Definately recommend!
Old 16th April 2015, 21:02   #133
BHPian

There are two places in Electronic City that I know of that fill Nitrogen. One is the Indian Oil Petrol Pump at Veerasandra (On the Hosur Main Road, just after the elevated toll way). They charge Rs.20.00 per tire for the first refill and henceforth it is Rs.5.00 for top ups. The other one is the BP petrol pump near HCL in electronic city. They charge the same amount as well. Service at both these locations is pretty quick but the Indian Oil one is not as crowded and you can get your job done much quicker there.
Old 14th June 2019, 16:38   #134
Senior - BHPian

Alert:
During my recent trip to Udupi, I filled my car in an IOC outlet in Gundibail and asked the guys if Nitrogen is available. They asked for 5INR/ tyre and 10INR for filling the Nitrogen. Since I was in a hurry, I agreed and they filled up the tyres. I was examining the equipment casually and saw a button mentioning "Purity". I asked if I can check for which the guy obliged. I was horrified when it spew out a reading of 78%. The atmospheric air contains around 71% and these guys wanted 5INR/tyre which was cheating. I called the manager immediately and asked him if this is how they cheat a customer. They agreed to pay back the money which I had given.

If any of you go to a bunk where the Elgi equipment is installed, check the purity and decide to fill or not. I am enclosing the picture of the equipment here.

Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore-img_20190519_175157_hdr.jpg

Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore-img_20190519_175256_hdr.jpg

Places to fill Nitrogen in Bangalore-img_20190519_175321_hdr.jpg

The 32 is the reading of the tyre pressure and not the purity. The picture is to show the button which can be pressed to check the purity.

Last edited by unk9ja : 14th June 2019 at 16:39.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 17:00   #135
BHPian

IOCL BUNK, nitrogen filling was free here a month ago.
Map location: XGVF+R2 Bengaluru, Karnataka

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks