Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:24   #1471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road?
To add to suggestions and confusion -

IOCL - Agara- Padma Service

HP Haralur road - RKR

I stay on Harlur road and face the same issue that you mentioned, one of the regular topup location for me is IOCL COCO - Koramangala - Near National games village.

However, since it some 6 KMS from my home, I have to plan it based on when I am heading that way.

Apart from that, for my regular topup I use the HP on Haralur road for petrol mostly and very few occasions for diesel. I haven't found anything negative on the mileage or their service till now.

Also, the IOCL which I mentioned above is the bunk with the highest sales in this sales region across all marketing companies. The reason can be since they cater to lot of bulk suppliers.
The bunk was with a different owner till some 4 years back and was run very unprofessionally, the current owner whom I had interacted for some bulk purchase requirement at our society sounded very straightforward.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:32   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
.. one of the regular topup location for me is IOCL COCO - Koramangala - Near National games village.
Is this near NGV or towards Sony World signal ?
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:38   #1473
BHPian

I recently moved to the Gottigere area and was searching for a trusted pump. I filled up at Shell today, and it's 117.12 for regular petrol. It had been a long time since I filled up at Shell, and the price difference was around 6-7 rupees when I filled the last time. Now it's close to 15. Is it really worth the premium?

Btw, my experience wasn't that great. I wanted to fill the windshield washer fluid, but it was out of stock. They were also pushing for power petrol even after I told them I was not interested.

Any suggestions around the Gottigere area would be helpful and greatly appreciated

On a different note, I noticed that diesel is priced higher than petrol at Shell. I'm curious, any idea why?

Last edited by robincsamuel : 22nd December 2023 at 11:40.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:49   #1474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is this near NGV
This location.
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:08   #1475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This location.
I think this was a COCO for a long time. Did try it a decade back or more, and the experience was bad back then.

Thanks, though - I can use it if needed
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:10   #1476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Did try it a decade back or more, and the experience was bad back then.
Yes its been since long. I remember members mentioning here they been fooled with the reset - short fill trick earlier.

I haven't faced this till now.
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:10   #1477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I recently moved to the Gottigere area and was searching for a trusted pump. I filled up at Shell today,
Isnt there an IOCL near that Shell ? I have tried it, and looks ok. Another is the BPCL near Arakere gate.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:42   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Isnt there an IOCL near that Shell ? I have tried it, and looks ok. Another is the BPCL near Arakere gate.
Yes, there’s an IOCL next to the Shell. I considered that, but came across many bad experiences when I checked the reviews.

There’s also an Essar/Nayara pump opposite to these pumps.
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:47   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To add to suggestions and confusion... face the same issue that you mentioned, one of the regular topup location for me is IOCL COCO - Koramangala - Near National games village.
Ah, another one like me in the Haralur-Kudlu metropolis. I second your recommendations - the HP Bunk I assume is the one next to the Mandovi MASC & church; and the IOCL COCO near Koramangala police station is where I tank up if I visit that area when it's time for a refill.

Quote:
On a different note, I noticed that diesel is priced higher than petrol at Shell. I'm curious, any idea why?
https://www.business-standard.com/co...0400649_1.html
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 07:54   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there’s an IOCL next to the Shell. I considered that, but came across many bad experiences when I checked the reviews.
Don’t go buy the reviews. I am a regular customer ever since they started the operation. No issue with quality or quantity.
blorebuddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:28   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
I recently moved to the Gottigere area and was searching for a trusted pump. I filled up at Shell today, and it's 117.12 for regular petrol. It had been a long time since I filled up at Shell, and the price difference was around 6-7 rupees when I filled the last time. Now it's close to 15. Is it really worth the premium?

Btw, my experience wasn't that great. I wanted to fill the windshield washer fluid, but it was out of stock. They were also pushing for power petrol even after I told them I was not interested.

Any suggestions around the Gottigere area would be helpful and greatly appreciated

Hi Robin, just adding to the information already given, depending on which way you head to the city and the number of times you need filling, my humble opinion would be that you try Bpcl bunk in Hulimavu/Arakere which is a great bunk with good fuel without any doubts. Alternatively, you could try a Bpcl bunk nearer to the Nice road bridge (after the bridge). Also, you could use Bpcl bunk enroute to Brigade millennium (before on the left side) and also another Bpcl bunk opposite to Nandi garden apartments on the way to Anjanapura. The first one will have waiting time most of the day whereas second, third and fourth one are relatively free even during the peak hours. They all have nitrogen at their bunks and are free of cost. Well, my personal experience of having filled exclusively at Bpcl bunks over the past 30 years is that the engines have been smooth and refined. Another fact I found out from my experience is that the fuel sold at Bpcl is sourced from Mangalore refinery (MRPL) and Kochi refinery(own refinery) unlike Iocl which predominantly gets its fuel from its own refinery in Chennai. Of course, sometimes Iocl also sources their fuel from MRPL and Bpcl from Chennai but that is not regular. Hope it helps, cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 12:01   #1482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There’s also an Essar/Nayara pump opposite to these pumps.
I have used this IOCL many times and never faced any issues. Same experience with BPCL (Sri Varshath) at Arekere as well.

If you are still worried, then there is a HPCL COCO near Vijaya bank layout.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/L3mbPsJSUoeCtP75A
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 16:26   #1483
ZMG
BHPian

I almost fell prey to the puncture scam at Venkateswara petrol pump at Madivala, Hosur road, next to the Madivala police station today.
This is the map link

My cars front tyre had low air - in the machine it showed zero. The guy says it is a puncture. I had a feeling that it is not a puncture, I still pulled ahead to check. The guy was trying to distract by trying to make me park differently. He was probably trying to throw nails. I was cautious and kept my eyes on his hands, and he was not able to do that.

He removed my tyres - and then filled air and sprayed soap water. There was no place where one could see bubbles developing.
I asked him to check the nozzle - and he says yes - the nozzle is broken - while clearly there was not any bubbles as such.
He tried to bend it to break it- and I had to ask him to stop.
Later he went onto misbehave asking for high amount.
This place has good fuel - but unfortunately the air guys (who are usually external vendors) are trying to pull a fast one.
What these guys don't understand is that for a few hundred rupees, they are willing to compromise the tyre, which in turn compromises the safety.
Have decided to go and buy an air inflator. Will always get punctures repaired at good brand stores such as Madhus.
ZMG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 11:19   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I almost fell prey to the puncture scam at Venkateswara petrol pump at Madivala, Hosur road, next to the Madivala police station today.
This is the map link
This fuel station is notorious for all kind of scams & tricks to fool the customers. I visited only once and never visited after that.
Old 5th April 2024, 15:06   #1485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
hBPCL (Sri Varshath) at Arekere as well.
For bulk purchase of diesel (apartment gensets) when we were enquiring around, this bunk came as suggested by few other bulk customers. So they should be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks