Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2023, 19:35   #1456
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road? I used to fill from the IOCL pump near the old bsnl exchange. I only fill xp95 but the last 3-4 times I noticed a significant drop in mileage,. complained to IOCL via the app and they apparently tested it and found nothing wrong. I filled once again and the mileage dropped. There a 2 shell pumps one towards Manipal hospital and one towards that I can access, but they don't perform as good as xp95 for the cost they incur. I filled Power 95 from the HP pump next to Birbal Darbar restaurant in Sarjapur road and the mileage was better and as expected. I am not sure if this is a reliable pump and 70% of my drives are highway/outstation.
Old 11th December 2023, 23:27   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road? I used to fill from the IOCL pump near the old bsnl exchange. I only fill xp95 but the last 3-4 times I noticed a significant drop in mileage.
Hi, do you have a BS4 vehicle or BS6? I have a BS4, 2014 Honda City and have noticed lower mileage issue for some months now while filling at IOCL bunks probably because of the higher ethanol mix in the fuel probably. I have now shifted to BPCL or HP and notice better mileage than I used to get from IOCL. BS6 engines are better suited to handle a higher ethanol mix and maynot see a noticeable drop in mileage.
Old 11th December 2023, 23:30   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi, do you have a BS4 vehicle or BS6?.
It's a BS6 car. The mileage drop from this petrol pump is since recent months. I did try another pump around the Sarjapur road that offered Power95 and the results were even worse.
Old 12th December 2023, 08:19   #1459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's a BS6 car. The mileage drop from this petrol pump is since recent months. I did try another pump around the Sarjapur road that offered Power95 and the results were even worse.
Try JIOBP and report back. Find the closest BP station and make the effort to get it done. Let us know.
Old 12th December 2023, 16:12   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Try JIOBP and report back. Find the closest BP station and make the effort to get it done. Let us know.
The nearest Jio BP station is 11kms (Marathahalli) /45mins one way from where I live. I don't think I'd want to spend 90 mins in traffic to get a full tank. Looks like it's be either Shell or the old HP pump for me then.
Old 12th December 2023, 16:24   #1461
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road?
My suggestion would be for you to visit the nearest government oil company COCO (company owned company operated) outlet near Sarjapur Road (don’t bother too much about the brand it can be BP, IOC or HP). Also, fill normal fuel and see how your car behaves and if there’s any difference in fuel efficiency.

Last edited by NPV : 12th December 2023 at 16:26.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 12:39   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road?
I can recommend these in the vicinity, based on experience:
BP bunk near Sajapura Road fire station
Shell on Hosa road (2-3km from Sarjapura road, towards Hosur road)
Shell on Hosur road, Singasandra, near Kudlu gate signal
Jayashree Fuels IOCL bunk, Singasandra, near Kudlu gate signal

The last two, because you said you do outstation trips and from the KL13 in your bio.
Old 15th December 2023, 18:55   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I can recommend these in the vicinity, based on experience:
BP bunk near Sajapura Road fire station
Shell on Hosa road (2-3km from Sarjapura road, towards Hosur road)
Shell on Hosur road, Singasandra, near Kudlu gate signal
Jayashree Fuels IOCL bunk, Singasandra, near Kudlu gate signal

The last two, because you said you do outstation trips and from the KL13 in your bio.
Thank you. And yes, I mostly do KL13 or KL09 if not vacays to anywhere else. Going to try the IOCL one this upcoming weekend. Skipping shell until no other options are left.
Old 15th December 2023, 20:09   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
The nearest Jio BP station is 11kms (Marathahalli) /45mins one way from where I live. I don't think I'd want to spend 90 mins in traffic to get a full tank. Looks like it's be either Shell or the old HP pump for me then.
Dont think there is a Jio BP petrol pump in Marathahalli. This might be the EV charging station.

In fact like Nayara I have only seen Jio BP petrol pumps on NHs.
Old 15th December 2023, 20:17   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried IOCL xp95 for my BS6 Creta and it has improved the performance. I can feel the car runs much smoother than on regular petrol. Not tracked mileage so keenly since it highly varies with the traffic conditions I drive in so not able to do apple to apple comparison. Not sure if your experience of drop in mileage has to do with fuel type or traffic.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th December 2023 at 20:30.
Old 15th December 2023, 20:29   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Dont think there is a Jio BP petrol pump in Marathahalli. This might be the EV charging station.
JioBP website lists Marathahalli to have one pump and has a map. Did not look further given the distance from my place.
Old 15th December 2023, 20:36   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I have tried IOCL xp95 for my BS6 Creta and it has improved the performance. I can feel the car runs much smoother than on regular petrol. Not tracked mileage so keenly since it highly varies with the traffic conditions I drive in so not able to do apple to apple comparison.
I agree with you. My problem is with the quality of petrol. When I've filled Xp95 from anywhere I've found it to improve the performance. It only with this particular pump near my home where I used to fill this issue happens. It is also a recent experience. Used to be better. Hence looking for different options
Old 18th December 2023, 22:44   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good pump near Sarjapur road? I used to fill from the IOCL pump near the old bsnl exchange. I only fill xp95 but the last 3-4 times I noticed a significant drop in mileage,. complained to IOCL via the app and they apparently tested it and found nothing wrong. I filled once again and the mileage dropped. There a 2 shell pumps one towards Manipal hospital and one towards that I can access, but they don't perform as good as xp95 for the cost they incur. I filled Power 95 from the HP pump next to Birbal Darbar restaurant in Sarjapur road and the mileage was better and as expected. I am not sure if this is a reliable pump and 70% of my drives are highway/outstation.
An alternate suggestion, try using a fuel additive with normal petrol and it should improve the fuel quality and combustion thereby improving mileage and drivability. IMHO, fuel quality keeps changing depending on the source of the refinery and the type of crude that is being refined which is beyond our control.
I have used system G and D, Liqui Moly speedtec and diesel additive, Zado, and Wynn's (long back). My recent and continuous patronage has been on Zado for my Yeti and Liqui Moly for my Honda idtec and I'm quite happy. Previously, I would use speed from Bharat Petroleum but over the years found that the hike in cost was not justified and shifted to regular 87 octane and have been using the additive to good effect. The additives remove the gum deposit on the fuel injectors thereby improving the performance and thereby mileage as an offset. In fact, with Zado the interval is 100K but you could keep adding every 50k just to improve the performance. My two cents, Cheers.
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:39   #1469
BHPian

Interesting suggestion. Might as well look into it.
Old 21st December 2023, 13:42   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
An alternate suggestion, try using a fuel additive with normal petrol and it should improve the fuel quality and combustion thereby improving mileage and drivability.
Are additives recommended for BS6 engines? Not sure where I read it but someone mentioned that BS6 engines are quite sensitive, so additives may not suit them. If someone can share more authentic information, that would be great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks