Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:21   #1306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Two new bunks in JP Nagar:

1. Shell - on Kanakapura Road, right next to the Yelachenahalli metro station
2. HP bunk opp to Sindhoora on the JP Nagar Ring Road.coming up)

I wish Reliance expands ..
Old 22nd June 2019, 10:58   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Already a customer at this Shell, quality of fuel is good, no cheating. I believe this is the biggest by far. The old one, which is stone throw away will face stiff competition. The gottigere Shell finally has an answer. Reliance Diesel is the best I believe, is it cheaper as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Two new bunks in JP Nagar:
Old 22nd June 2019, 11:45   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Already a customer at this Shell, quality of fuel is good, no cheating. I believe this is the biggest by far. The old one, which is stone throw away will face stiff competition. The gottigere Shell finally has an answer. Reliance Diesel is the best I believe, is it cheaper as well?
The other JP nagar one will have it's customers. Not everyone who comes from Yelachenahalli side will come to this one. Gottigere is in it's own location.

Reliance is not cheaper, but for long I have found it more suitable for my Tata diesels than Shell. Essar has 2 in the area but wasnt convinced. So I continue with IOC mostly, sometimes BP.
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:51   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Reliance is not cheaper
Reliance diesel is not more expensive too. It is priced at par with PSU pumps, but they do have offers most of the time like Diesel at Re.1 discount per liter and free fuel if you purchase say more than 10Liters etc.

Hence they are often crowded and will take a few minutes for fuelling up.
Old 22nd June 2019, 13:19   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
.. but they do have offers most of the time like Diesel at Re.1 discount per liter and free fuel if you purchase say more than 10Liters etc.
That must be 100 litres ? However, they are so few in number - I know of 3 in BLR - Magadi road (beyond ORR), Gorguntepalya and Tumkur Road after Peenya. Seeing the way others are expanding, I wonder why Reliance doesnt.
Old 27th June 2019, 13:13   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That must be 100 litres ? However, they are so few in number - I know of 3 in BLR - Magadi road (beyond ORR), Gorguntepalya and Tumkur Road after Peenya. Seeing the way others are expanding, I wonder why Reliance doesnt.
One more is opening next to RV college on Mysore road
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 13:39   #1312
BHPian

Someone on Google Maps review has mentioned that Speed 97 would be available at the new Nagpal's pump shortly. If true, it's great news for me as the new location is much nearer and much more convenient to go to. Has anyone here checked with them?
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 13:49   #1313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Someone on Google Maps review has mentioned that Speed 97 would be available at the new Nagpal's pump shortly. If true, it's great news for me as the new location is much nearer and much more convenient to go to. Has anyone here checked with them?
Great news but where is the new setup? I'm stiil unsure of the location itself!
Old 26th July 2019, 11:32   #1314
BHPian

I need an info. The HP bunk at tin factory bus station is open 24×7, right? Do they have air-filling attendant too whole night? I am planning a 3 AM start tonight.
Old 5th September 2019, 22:40   #1315
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad experience today.

Pump - The IOC pump at Panathur Junction on Marathahalli Outer Ring Road above the underpass.

Filled petrol in my bullet for 300/- and gave 2000 note. It was a little crowded and the attendant gave me back 1600 and started attending the next customer. I asked him - Boss, it is 100 short. Without any thoughts or question or hesitation, he gave me the remaining 100/- and without even looking at my face or saying sorry and without even opening his mouth. All his gestures clearly stated that he attempted to cheat me. I parked the bike aside and went to speak to the manager there and explained what happened. He was like- Sir, this kind of things are normal and happens in most of the pumps in Bangalore and we cannot do anything about it. Heck! I said, what!! He said- yes sir, We are not able to control it or take any actions. They keep continuing such malpractices it seems.

God save this country!
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 23:02   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I had a bad experience today.

Pump - The IOC pump at Panathur Junction on Marathahalli Outer Ring Road above the underpass.

Filled petrol in my bullet for 300/- and gave 2000 note. It was a little crowded and the attendant gave me back 1600 and started attending the next customer. I asked him - Boss, it is 100 short. Without any thoughts or question or hesitation, he gave me the remaining 100/- and without even looking at my face or saying sorry and without even opening his mouth. All his gestures clearly stated that he attempted to cheat me. I parked the bike aside and went to speak to the manager there and explained what happened. He was like- Sir, this kind of things are normal and happens in most of the pumps in Bangalore and we cannot do anything about it. Heck! I said, what!! He said- yes sir, We are not able to control it or take any actions. They keep continuing such malpractices it seems.

God save this country!
You may want report this incident on IOC's website , if you haven't done already. https://www.iocl.com/AboutUs/contacts.aspx
hondafanboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 15:06   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Tried Reliance Diesel, at Yeshwanthpur and was happy with service, fuel quality and car pick up. If only there were more such bunks!
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_8384.jpg  

Old 13th September 2019, 11:52   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

I been frequenting Shell bunk on Hosa road ever since they opened some 1.5 years back, never had issue with fuel quality or quantity for both petrol and diesel till now.

Also, here on this thread too, haven't noticed any negative reviews about the place apart from an incident where someone mentioned about their tyre nozzle getting damanged due to the air pump there.

However, last month after a trip XUV's tank was almost empty, went to the bunk and did a tankful. The vehicle felt bit coarse after that, no other issues, but just that the engine sound I felt was bit high.

Anyway, did the next tankful from another (BP)bunk and engine is smooth again. So it was definitely issue with the diesel at that bunk. However, I didn't notice much drop in mileage, since it was a mix of highway and city, calculating mileage to exact value is not possible. Still, its in the range I usually get.

I am aware that some members had mentioned that their diesel engines sound harsh with Shell in general. However, that is not the case with me since two bunks I frequent while in Bangalore are both Shell. I am mentioning about this one time issue I faced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I had filled just once from there though I used to stay hardly few hundred meters from that place since I felt quantity was not correct.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 13th September 2019 at 12:03.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 12:49   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The vehicle felt bit coarse after that, no other issues, but just that the engine sound I felt was bit high.
I share similar experience from recent past too. I was regularly filling up at Shell near home on Doddaballapura Road till one of them mentioned that the HPCL ahead is way better. So I filled 2 full tanks from HPCL and also did a highway trip and felt better (Acceleration and driveability at lower RPMs).

Last weekend I was at Magadi Road for some work. My fuel was running low and on a busy weekend I was to drive from here to Residency Road in thick traffic. I saw a Shell nearby on Magadi road and tanked up fully.

The same fuel is now nearly 3/4th and I can easily feel how rough the car feels compared to HPCL. It makes me feel I should empty this tank soon and refill at HPCL and experience if things get better as before.

Not sure if this is to do with Shell fuel across all their outlets in general.
Old 13th September 2019, 12:53   #1320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
the HPCL ahead is way better.
Which one?

I somehow prefer the Jakkur Shell over the Doddaballapur road one simply due to difference in behaviour of the staff. Been sticking to Shell from too long though - I wouldn't even realize if the fuel is causing bad NVH.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks