Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2018, 18:57   #1246
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Delft
Posts: 138
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Update on the Essar petrol pump near Seetha circle, Banashankari first stage: Good experience going down the drain.


Have you tried the Vidyapeetha road Essar again? They are good and friendly. I stopped going to the one you've mentioned as I found them harsh and not friendly in handling equipment, like they want me to get out ASAP.

If you can try the BP Om Sai filling Station near KR road I would suggest that as well. That's one place I go to regularly and friendly as well.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 22:53   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,520
Thanked: 5,860 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, till how long is the Shell Petrol bunk at Bellandur remain open at night?
Guess its a late reply for you. However I guess they close by around 11.00 PM, it was advertised as a 24 hour open bunk about a year back. However, I have seen it closed when I have driven late and even early in morning too.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:47   #1248
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 2,336 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post


Have you tried the Vidyapeetha road Essar again? They are good and friendly. I stopped going to the one you've mentioned as I found them harsh and not friendly in handling equipment, like they want me to get out ASAP.

If you can try the BP Om Sai filling Station near KR road I would suggest that as well. That's one place I go to regularly and friendly as well.
Depending where I am, I use the following
On my way to work: Either Lalbagh road Shell or Bommanahalli Shell
SRS petrol pump near Madhavan park or
IOC near the Teachers' college circle (Towards South end)
Towards Tumakuru road, it is Mysuru road Shell or Reliance at the end of ORR

Since the Essar was a stone throw distance from my home and similar to Shell experience, I used to visit them.
unk9ja is offline  
Old 15th October 2018, 22:49   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dark.knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Beans Town
Posts: 1,694
Thanked: 6,369 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Scam Alert : Had similar experience of 2 petrol bunks handing over their old/damaged Rs.500/- notes claiming that I gave it to them (I clearly remember one instance where all the notes were brand new, and instead a soiled one was handed back to me saying it was mine. The second time it happened something was written in pen over the note (again, I doubt it was mine as I got it out of an ATM and notes were fresh).

Ever since I'm paying by debit card. I knew something was off because in both cases they counted it, went to the pump behind the front facing pump and came up with the soiled notes.

A pen-written note these days seems to be only worth its weight in paper.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 14:51   #1250
BHPian
 
deadguy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

BTM layout Advaitha Bunk near Udupi Garden signal.

The diesel and petrol seem to be good.

At any petrol bunk, if I fill fuel, is it mandatory that I pay for the air pressure, unless I want to tip him?
Asking this because, the guy who checks air pressure at this bunk demanded Rs. 15 for checking the air pressure. I was demanded to pay, so did not feel good about it. When i checked with the staff they said yes, it is mandatory to pay-up. Hence the query.

Then a guy comes over and cleans the front wind shield even if you tell not-to and then asks for Rs. 10.

I was of the view these facilities are supposed to be complimentary?

These changes have come-in for the past few months after the bunk was leased-out to someone else.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 15:00   #1251
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 6,230
Thanked: 7,174 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
I was of the view these facilities are supposed to be complimentary?
This is a one off case probably due to the new management. Stay away from such bunks.

At every bunk that I have been to in Bangalore, air for tyres is free. Only for Nitrogen, there is a Rs.5 per tyre charge. Even that is waived off at some bunks if you fill a tankfull of premium fuel.

Also, almost all bunks have a display that says "No tips please".
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 21:22   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,520
Thanked: 5,860 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This is a one off case probably due to the new management. Stay away from such bunks.
I guess this is a new marketing tactics. I had seen this in IOC bunk near Kadubeesinahalli couple of years back, not sure if they follow the same. Similarly at IOC Haralur road too they have something like this.

In both cases, bunk has rented space at exit to a tyre shop. Who has a puncture repair set-up and also charges for air.

However, I too was of impression that air and toilet facilities are free at any bunk.
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 25th October 2018, 16:36   #1253
BHPian
 
sumzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
BTM layout Advaitha Bunk near Udupi Garden signal.

The diesel and petrol seem to be good.

At any petrol bunk, if I fill fuel, is it mandatory that I pay for the air pressure, unless I want to tip him?
Asking this because, the guy who checks air pressure at this bunk demanded Rs. 15 for checking the air pressure. I was demanded to pay, so did not feel good about it. When i checked with the staff they said yes, it is mandatory to pay-up. Hence the query.

Then a guy comes over and cleans the front wind shield even if you tell not-to and then asks for Rs. 10.

I was of the view these facilities are supposed to be complimentary?

These changes have come-in for the past few months after the bunk was leased-out to someone else.
Hi deadguy,
I'm surprised that this is prevailing especially for windshield cleaning. No, it is not mandatory paying for these services as of now especially for windshield cleaning. Some pumps where nitrogen filling is done may charge nominally but again most of those pumps too have are beginning to waive them.

In fact, I'm sure the dealers are not aware wherever this is happening and they do not approve the same, and we need to bring it to their notice. In case you are okay, please PM your phone number to gather more details from you. You are right the pump is now being operated by another dealer who is the owner now.
sumzup is offline  
Old 29th October 2018, 10:08   #1254
BHPian
 
deadguy25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi deadguy,
I'm surprised that this is prevailing especially for windshield cleaning. No, it is not mandatory paying for these services as of now especially for windshield cleaning. Some pumps where nitrogen filling is done may charge nominally but again most of those pumps too have are beginning to waive them.

In fact, I'm sure the dealers are not aware wherever this is happening and they do not approve the same, and we need to bring it to their notice. In case you are okay, please PM your phone number to gather more details from you. You are right the pump is now being operated by another dealer who is the owner now.
Hi Sumzup,

Sending my number to you. Looks like you are connected with the management . I will be happy to provide suggestions. Been a regular customer here ever since Advaita started operations almost a decade back.
deadguy25 is offline  
Old 29th October 2018, 12:29   #1255
BHPian
 
strawhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SBC/SC/VSKP
Posts: 270
Thanked: 489 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Similarly at IOC Haralur road too they have something like this... charges for air.
I frequently refuel at IOC bunk on Harlur Road. I have never faced any issues with their fuel quality or quantity. Also Citibank swipe machine, over there, works most of the time helping me earn more reward points with my IndianOil credit card. They don't charge if you top-up your tires with normal air. For nitrogen I pay Rs. 5/- per tire.

In comparison I experienced inconsistent service at another IOC station near HSR club. A couple of times they dispensed less quantity and I was asked Rs. 20/- per tire for filling up nitrogen air. Complete ripoff!
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:34   #1256
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,623
Thanked: 2,473 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I had seen this in IOC bunk near Kadubeesinahalli couple of years back, not sure if they follow the same. Similarly at IOC Haralur road too they have something like this.
There is an HP bunk on JB Nagar main road (opposite the police station) which is otherwise a nice place to go. I once filled air here, and the attendant asked for a tip. I told him it is supposed to be free; his version is that it is free only if I do the filling myself - that his part in the service delivery needs to be paid for. I just told him that's not going to happen and drove off. Needless to say, I haven't gone back to that bunk since.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 10:31   #1257
BHPian
 
KK_HakunaMatata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 612
Thanked: 698 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

New Shell bunk is coming up near Hulimavu. Its actually located before reaching Akshay Nagar. It seems mostly construction is through and should be opened within a month.

This is the exact map location.

Unnamed Road
Unnamed Road, Hulimavu, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
https://goo.gl/maps/Vw5KKJk3Ln22

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img_20181127_072147.jpg
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 14:12   #1258
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,765
Thanked: 2,494 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
New Shell bunk is coming up near Hulimavu. Its actually located before reaching Akshay Nagar. It seems mostly construction is through and should be opened within a month.

This is the exact map location.

Unnamed Road
Unnamed Road, Hulimavu, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
https://goo.gl/maps/Vw5KKJk3Ln22
This one is quite close to my place and is on my commute route.
But I don't see the logic of starting the pump here as a new BP pump was opened on the same road less than a year ago and there is one more IOC pump at the end of the road.
speedmiester is offline  
Old 27th November 2018, 22:32   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 3,520
Thanked: 5,860 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
But I don't see the logic of starting the pump here as a new BP pump was opened on the same road less than a year ago and there is one more IOC pump at the end of the road.
Shell has managed to build a reputation of value for money in terms of quality and quantity. I know a colleague of mine who is not peculiar or paranoid of filling in any bunk, he used to mention Shell fuel as expensive till few months back. Now, he randomly uses Shell saying he has got feedback from few of his neighbours that the neighbourhood Shell bunk (Hoodi) has better fuel than other bunks around.
mpksuhas is offline  
Old 28th November 2018, 06:44   #1260
Senior - BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai/Bengaluru
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 3,737 Times
Default Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

I'm not about this! We use 'Power' fuel for the petrol vehicles but whenever I filled up in the JP Nagar Shell Petrol Bunk, the feel wasn't the same. It felt like ordinary petrol but with a big fat bill. Nowadays, I have to travel all the way to Lalbagh for a fill. I raised a complaint and they are looking to see if there is any malpractice. Mileage is a Km or more for sure and the engine runs smoother, I agree.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Shell has managed to build a reputation of value for money in terms of quality and quantity. I know a colleague of mine who is not peculiar or paranoid of filling in any bunk, he used to mention Shell fuel as expensive till few months back. Now, he randomly uses Shell saying he has got feedback from few of his neighbours that the neighbourhood Shell bunk (Hoodi) has better fuel than other bunks around.
Sebring is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks