Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2017, 22:49   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Filled the car for the first time with Essar on the 80feet road, BSK 3rd stage and I must admit, the results are as good as Shell V power.
Have posted in another thread, but posting again for benefit. While filling at the Essar Avalahalli bunk, I spoke to the owner. He said 25+ pumps have been approved for Bangalore. Apparently, Shell and Essar draw from the same storage tanks @ Mangalore terminal, for supply via their respective tankers. Hence the feeling of being as good as Shell.
Old 30th August 2017, 15:46   #1142
BHPian

Are there any good pumps near E city (or towards hosur)? COCO or otherwise. I am travelling tomorrow and will like to get full tank.
Old 31st August 2017, 17:48   #1143
BHPian

Any reviews on the IOC pump before Shell petrol bunk at Gottigere, Bannergatta road ?
Old 31st August 2017, 18:56   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Any reviews on the IOC pump before Shell petrol bunk at Gottigere, Bannergatta road ?
I am regular here and can endorse this fuel station. The staff is courteous and service is pretty decent. Infact, if you go ahead a bit after the Shell petrol bunk(Around 1 km), there is a BP Company outlet. This is another good one in this part of the city
hallik9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 18:58   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Are there any good pumps near E city (or towards hosur)? COCO or otherwise. I am travelling tomorrow and will like to get full tank.
There is a BP outlet pretty near to the HCL office at Ecity. If you are travelling towards Hosur, there are a few on the highway.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:17   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
I am regular here and can endorse this fuel station. The staff is courteous and service is pretty decent. Infact, if you go ahead a bit after the Shell petrol bunk(Around 1 km), there is a BP Company outlet. This is another good one in this part of the city

Are you talking about the BP outlet opposite to AECS Magnolia school ?I think this bunk operates 24 hours. Please let me know if it is the same bunk.
Old 18th September 2017, 21:38   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
There are a couple of BPCL bunks in the same vicinity. One just after the NICE junction towards Bannerghatta and the other is on the way to the city after Meenakshi Mall. The IOC bunk should definitely be good if they are in between so much competition, and there have been no complaints from this bunk thus far. It has been getting more and more customers which I have noticed for some time now as I stay very close to that bunk. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 10:10   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Filled the car for the first time with Essar on the 80feet road, BSK 3rd stage and I must admit, the results are as good as Shell V power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... 25+ pumps have been approved for Bangalore.
Got to know that one Essar Outlet is coming up in Kathriguppe main road, in Vivekananda nagar. Hopefully the quality is maintained. This will be a boon for the people in Vidyapeeta circle-Big Bazaar range, as there isn't a fuel station in the vicinity.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 12:14   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

One Essar coming up opposite to Puttenhalli lake, behind Bridge Millenium ( B.M towards Bannerghatta road).
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 13:12   #1150
BHPian

HP bunk is coming up in Ramamurthy Nagar near ITI circle (Opp. BSNL).
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 14:50   #1151
BHPian

Interesting incident from about a month back. This was in Bharat Petroleum situated in Bommanahalli junction.
I had requested for a tank full for my 4 wheeler. The attendant fills for 300 and claims he misunderstood my request. He continues the charade till the amount of 1500 is reached. He swipes for 1800 while I protest in vain. I leave the place as there was no point in arguing and I was late for work.

Fed up, I complain to the BP customer care. Soon, the manager of the pump calls me, tenders unconditional apology keeping the attendant in conference.
He tells me the attendant will be fired.

Finally I receive refund of Rs 300 via paytm. Simply unbelievable !
shatananda.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 22:23   #1152
BHPian

Guys, any trusted petrol pumps in electronic city (near Infosys)? I prefer Shell. Thanks!
Old 7th October 2017, 12:06   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Guys, any trusted petrol pumps in electronic city (near Infosys)? I prefer Shell. Thanks!
One and only BPCL here. Most of the reviews have been positive. I have filled here many times but on regular days the queue is what irked me all the times.

Bharat Petroleum
2nd Main Road, Electronics City Phase 1, Veer Sandra, Electronic City, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100

https://goo.gl/maps/JqEXTLY8s6t
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:58   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Interesting incident from about a month back. This was in Bharat Petroleum situated in Bommanahalli junction.
Exactly the same thing happened with me today morning at HPCL bunk near Devanahalli. I was searching for an appropriate thread to post it when I came across your post.

Since there was no point arguing, I returned home and raised a complaint with HPCL. Below is a summary of the incident.

Quote:
SCAM: Fuel filled for Rs. 700, charged Rs.1000.

23/10/2017. On my way back from KIAL (Airport) I decided to tank up at HPCL petrol bunk (SLN Service Station). I told them explicitly that I want petrol worth Rs. 1000. He acknowledged the same and started filling. He stopped at Rs. 301.XX. Upon inquiring, he apologized and said that he thought I asked for fuel worth Rs. 300 only.
In the meantime, another guy distracted me asking if I have the HPCL-ICICI credit card, etc. and few moments later, the guy who was filling up stopped at Rs. 701.XX. Upon asking him why stopped, he said - "Sir, I've already filled for 300 previously". He assured me that he had reset the counter before filling for Rs. 700.

There are two reasons why I'm sure he was scamming me:
1. Whenever I fill up worth ~Rs. 1000, the fuel mark is roughly at the center. This time, it was way under.
2. If he had actually set the dispenser up for Rs.300 and Rs.700 as claimed, the counter would stop exactly at those points and not at Rs. 301.XX or 701.XX

Please refer to the attached document containing the receipt and odometer picture.
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-23102017_hpcldevanahalli_scam.jpg
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:32   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Exactly the same thing happened with me today morning at HPCL bunk near Devanahalli. I was searching for an appropriate thread to post it when I came across your post.

Since there was no point arguing, I returned home and raised a complaint with HPCL. Below is a summary of the incident.
For this very reason, I will always stand next to the tank before even I tell him the amount to fill. Only when I see the reading and resets to 0 I let him insert the nozzle. With two wheeler even better, I do not even remove the cap till he resets to 0 . Many a times the attendants are pissed off by my delaying tactics. I even refuse to answer their "card or cash saar?" till I confirm that the correct amount of fuel is dispensed.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks