Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 12:37   #1051
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

All,

I find the Indian Oil and BP Pumps near Mylasandra (onway from Begur Road to Electronic City) to be of very good quality.

Also the attendants are nice and gentle in talking and ensure that you see the meter and confirm to start and stop.
Past 1+yr of fuel filling my cars/bikes have been here only.
Old 9th February 2016, 12:40   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
All,

I find the Indian Oil and BP Pumps near Mylasandra (onway from Begur Road to Electronic City) to be of very good quality.

Also the attendants are nice and gentle in talking and ensure that you see the meter and confirm to start and stop.
Past 1+yr of fuel filling my cars/bikes have been here only.
For the first time ever, I am hearing someone praise an Indian Oil petrol bunk.
Old 9th February 2016, 15:19   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Actually even I am inclined more towards IOC bunk on RV road before Vijaya PU college. The attendants there are polite. Infact I had bad experiences in Shell (once in the bunk located in wilson garden and again in another outlet near big bazaar,old madras road) and have stopped going to Shell altogether.
Old 9th February 2016, 16:07   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
If you have checked earlier posts, you can see at least 2 more by me, other than the one @ RV Road.

1. IOC COCO at BTM Layout
2. IOC at Banashankari opp the bus stand.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 16:42   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you have checked earlier posts, you can see at least 2 more by me, other than the one @ RV Road.

1. IOC COCO at BTM Layout
2. IOC at Banashankari opp the bus stand.
I have always had bad experiences with IOC petrol bunks in Bangalore.

The one near NGV in Koramangala, the one at corporation circle, the one near KR Puram towards Whitefield, the one in HSR layout, the one at Bannerghatta road all have given me bad experiences.

Cheating at the volume to the famous distraction tricks, I have experienced all at IOC bunks.

My friends also share the same experiences.

I now avoid IOC bunks at all costs and always plan refueling not to end up at one.
Old 9th February 2016, 16:51   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

The one near NGV at Koramangala (towards Sony World jn) - that doesnt lookg good
Old 9th February 2016, 16:58   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The one near NGV at Koramangala (towards Sony World jn) - that doesnt lookg good
Also the one near NGV Koramangala towards Infant Jesus Church.
I went there to refuell my 2 wheeler. Was cheated point blank.

Instead of starting from 0 the guy started from 50 just after the previous customer and another fellow came to distract me. When I opposed they started arguing. The other people standing in the queue supported me. One guy in the queue was a regular at the bunk and very well knew the tactics of the attendants, he gave them a mouthful.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:25   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Infact I had bad experiences in Shell (once in the bunk located in wilson garden and again in another outlet near big bazaar,old madras road) and have stopped going to Shell altogether.
Can you pls provide more details? Am a regular at the Shell Old madras road station, so much so that I plan in a manner so as to do most of my fueling there. Barring the pestering to buy V Power, don't think have ever been cheated, nor have had any untoward incidents. The air filling set up also seem to be accurate besides the fact that they are open 24 hours.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:56   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Can you pls provide more details? Am a regular at the Shell Old madras road station, so much so that I plan in a manner so as to do most of my fueling there. Barring the pestering to buy V Power, don't think have ever been cheated, nor have had any untoward incidents. The air filling set up also seem to be accurate besides the fact that they are open 24 hours.
Hi hothatchaway, to be frank I am not so regular to that area. So this was an year back when I had went to pick up my sister and bro in law from their home. On the way back I had to fill up petrol and went to the said shell bunk. There was another car which was tanking up before me and after it was done, I was asked to move forward. I got down the car and asked them to do a tank full. The meter was still at 700 or 800 (dont remember) when the attendant started filling. I asked him to please stop and set it at zero. Only then did he do it. And then another person came and started pestering me for V power and kept on going even after me categorically saying I do not need it.

Somehow I did not like it and since I had another similar bad incident earlier at shell bunk located near wilson garden I thought of not going to shell anymore. Of course when I am driving outside of Bangalore, I still prefer Shell than any other unless its a COCO outlet. Maybe it was a one off incident or maybe its different now but I have never been to that bunk again.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 23:51   #1060
BHPian

I always fill petrol/diesel from BPCL bunks only. I use the Seshadripuram/Malleswaram/Residency road outlets only. I am not behind efficiency but I would like to have a good quality/unadulterated fuel. I occasionally use Speed 97 for my petrol cars.

Please suggest good petrol pumps in Bangalore. I will make a list and keep them handy.

I like to avoid shell due to my previous experiences with them.

I have a small request to the moderators.

Can we make a latest updated list of trusted petrol pumps in Bangalore?

I honestly think all the information is scattered in all the 170+ pages and it is very time consuming for a first timer to find what he is actually looking for.

Thank you.
Old 2nd March 2016, 07:20   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
I always fill petrol/diesel from BPCL bunks only. [...]
I like to avoid shell due to my previous experiences with them.

Can we make a latest updated list of trusted petrol pumps in Bangalore?
Well, in your case it is easy, isn't it? If it is BPCL, go in. If it is Shell, don't go in. :-)

Such blanket rules serve no purpose. There are well-run and trusted Shell pumps in Bangalore, and I'm sure horrible BPCL ones too. Otherwise this thread's relevance is questionable, isn't it?

Edit: Any opinions on the IOCL pump on the ramp that connects Kadubeesanahalli junction to the ORR service road northwards? This is the nearest one to my office, and so far I've been avoiding it as it looks a bit run-down from the outside.

Last edited by binand : 2nd March 2016 at 07:22.
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:26   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Edit: Any opinions on the IOCL pump on the ramp that connects Kadubeesanahalli junction to the ORR service road northwards? This is the nearest one to my office, and so far I've been avoiding it as it looks a bit run-down from the outside.
If it is this IOC bunk, opposite to the Domino's outlet, that you're talking about, then it's decent. I had apprehensions until last night, when a colleague filled petrol in his Wagon-R. Though it looks shabby outside, the dispensers and crew are clean. No distraction tactics. There were cabbies filling up, so the quantities also must be good.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:14   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
If it is this IOC bunk, opposite to the Domino's outlet, that you're talking about, then it's decent. I had apprehensions until last night, when a colleague filled petrol in his Wagon-R. Though it looks shabby outside, the dispensers and crew are clean. No distraction tactics. There were cabbies filling up, so the quantities also must be good.
This on one the route to PTP?
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense. My friend feels the same as well.
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:29   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
This on one the route to PTP?
I always feel short changed with the quantity of fuel they dispense. My friend feels the same as well.
Yes, the same one. I never filled up from there, hence no first-hand experience. I see many cabbies filling up from there, hence assumed the quantities would be good
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:13   #1065
BHPian

I stay at koramangala and I travel to office from sony world to whitefield via the old airport road and then towards graphite india signal. Please suggest which petrol bunks are good and which ones are bad around koramangala and enroute to whitefield. I usually tank up at the bunk just after the wind tunnel road signal on the way back from office.

Offlate my rapid diesel has a lot of engine vibration and has become very noisy. I suspect the fuel could be the problem here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks