Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 18:38   #946
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess the only bunk left in this area is the BP bunk near HSR police station. Any reviews about the same?
I have been filling all my vehicles from this BP bunk since mid-2011. Never faced any issues, I always fill only tankful (never for x rupees or y litres, except for the two wheeler) - I step out, stand near the pump, look at 0 - the guy hooks on the dispenser to the car and stays away. Since I always pay by card, I always ask to stop at auto-cutoff. Never faced any tricks from these guys even once, never has the amount taken to fill the tank been not in the ball-park of what I expect from the cars fuel guage. Also the staff are well behaved too. No fuel quality issues to report either. The air guage is also pretty accurate here.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 19:20   #947
BHPian

Quote:
This the bunk which sell diesel 50p less than market place right? I guess this is the first time there is a negative report about this bunk.
This is the bunk on 19th Main, Next to Purva Vantage Apartments. They have been pulling fast ones for quite some time - I too fell prey to their tricks (had mentioned the same in earlier posts)
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 22:19   #948
BHPian

Quote:
... I guess the only bunk left in this area is the BP bunk near HSR police station. Any reviews about the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have been filling all my vehicles from this BP bunk since mid-2011. Never faced any issues, I always fill only tankful (never for x rupees or y litres, except for the two wheeler) - I step out, stand near the pump, look at 0 - the guy hooks on the dispenser to the car and stays away. Since I always pay by card, I always ask to stop at auto-cutoff. Never faced any tricks from these guys even once, never has the amount taken to fill the tank been not in the ball-park of what I expect from the cars fuel guage. Also the staff are well behaved too. No fuel quality issues to report either. The air guage is also pretty accurate here.
I concur with Venky!

I have been filling up from this BP outlet for the past 2 years. And I have only the best words for this place.
There is always someone waiting to point you to a free spot. They just ask you to open the fuel filler lid, ask you how much to fill up, and in the end comes the Cash or Card question. They don't ask anything else. And 9/10 times they give the bill without me asking for it.
For a while there was a fellow for cleaning windshields. But he was never intrusive or distracting.

And the fuel quality? Well lets just say that I don't feel my engine misses Shell diesel at all
Other than Shell outlets, my only other favorite in Bangalore is the HP COCO outlet on Old Airport Rd.
Miel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:07   #949
BHPian

Can someone tell me what time does the Shell Petrol Pump open for business in morning? I'm leaving for Pondi tomorrow by 5:00am from Frazer Town and picking up friends from Kundanahalli Gate. So I guess I'll come across 3-4 Shell petrol pumps on my route 1. Old Madras Road 2. Mahadevapura 3. ITPL Road.

In case, they open after 5:00-5:30am what is their closing time? Maybe I can top up my tank tonight.
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:30   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
In case, they open after 5:00-5:30am what is their closing time? Maybe I can top up my tank tonight.
All the bunks you mentioned are open from 06.30 - 22.00.

Incase from Kundanahalli you are taking Bellandur - ORR route you can fuel up from Shell opposite to Bangalore Central near Bellandur. They have recently made this as 24 hour bunk.

Which route are you planning to take to get out of KA - NH 7 or NH 4 ? If NH 7, Shoolagiri COCO's are a safe bet. Added advantage is fuel being cheaper in TN.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:03   #951
BHPian

Quote:
All the bunks you mentioned are open from 06.30 - 22.00.

Incase from Kundanahalli you are taking Bellandur - ORR route you can fuel up from Shell opposite to Bangalore Central near Bellandur. They have recently made this as 24 hour bunk.

Which route are you planning to take to get out of KA - NH 7 or NH 4 ? If NH 7, Shoolagiri COCO's are a safe bet. Added advantage is fuel being cheaper in TN.
I'm taking the Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Cheyar-Tindivanam-Pondi route. I guess this Shell at Belandur is awesome. No other petrol pump cleans the windshield like these guys do

And I'll have to tank up in Bangalore because I hit the reserve last night.
Old 27th January 2015, 22:47   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Police and a large crowd gathered in front of the IOC bunk in front of Purva vantage on 19 Main HSR layout. Locals tell me that they shortfilled and were caught red handed.
Quote:
This the bunk which sell diesel 50p less than market place right? I guess this is the first time there is a negative report about this bunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
This is the bunk on 19th Main, Next to Purva Vantage Apartments. They have been pulling fast ones for quite some time - I too fell prey to their tricks (had mentioned the same in earlier posts)
I always take extra caution while using this pump. Today I visited it and it was less crowded (usual cabbies were missing, may be they are boycotting it). When I reached there, all the attendants were crowded near the first outlet and one TT driver was checking the fuel quantity using the standard measuring vessel. A lady and a gent, seems to be from the management of the pump were at the scene. The TT driver left after a while looking satisfied.

I think they got a bad reputation and the workers seemed to be over courteous. I too filled 68.5L of diesel (full tank, auto cut off, the DTE was showing 15kms[XUV]) and it looks quantity is fine.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 23:07   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

IOC COCO opposite Banashankari Bus Stand looks to be functioning again with normal facilities. This bunk has been good. Guys in that area can try it.
Old 4th February 2015, 12:19   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
IOC COCO opposite Banashankari Bus Stand looks to be functioning again with normal facilities. .
I guess they were closed / partly closed due to metro work.

However, a note of caution and also appreciation regarding this bunk. Long back ~ 9 years infact, we had gone to that bunk to fill petrol for bike.

We had filled for Rs 100 (well, good days when petrol was cheaper) and gave a Rs 500 note to the guy. He returned only Rs 300, guess he was hoping that we wont be checking since it was rush time. On informing the same to him he started arguing that he had returned the whole 400 and we have hidden Rs 100 note and arguing with him. This goes on for few minutes in between shouts from people waiting in queue.

Finally we call up the manager. He asks us to wait for a while till this guys shift ends in few minutes. Once that is done, he gets the detail from the dispenser on quantity of fuel dispersed during the shift. They tally it against the amount in this guys hand and find an unaccounted Rs 800 with him. They return the 100 to us and informs that they will be removing him from job. I have not seen that guy in this bunk after that.
Old 4th February 2015, 15:27   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Suhas, I have had a better eperience here, and have mentioned it in this thread, earlier. Filled fuel, got 500 less / gave 500 more (dont remember). Drove off ( was in a hurry to get to the station). Realised it on the way, so went back when returning from the station. Spoke to the attendant. He listened, and said he will be able to check his cash at the end of his shift. If he had an extra 500/-, he would return it. We agreed that I will meet him the next day, and when I went back he actually returned the money.

Used to engage the guys there in chit-chat when filling. Heard that they are paid quite well.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 22:00   #956
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share a nice thing which happened today! I have always been filling up gas at Cauvery Petrol bunk near lalbagh.

After my return to India today was the first day I went there to fill up gas. I requested the lady attendant to fill up for 1000rs and after she filled for 1000 rs , I requested her to continue and do a tank full. She apologized to me (even though it was my mistake) saying that she cannot continue and said will again reset to 0 and then only fill it. Was really surprised and happy!
Old 4th February 2015, 22:14   #957
Senior - BHPian

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

For all those looking at 24x7 Shell gas stations , got to know yesterday that most of them are now open only from 7am to 10 pm IST. Only select outlets are open throughout the day. This is supposedly because of slower delivery in supplies from Mangalore due to the longer route that the tankers now have to take
Old 4th February 2015, 22:57   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
For all those looking at 24x7 Shell gas stations , got to know yesterday that most of them are now open only from 7am to 10 pm IST. Only select outlets are open throughout the day. This is supposedly because of slower delivery in supplies from Mangalore due to the longer route that the tankers now have to take
The Bellandur Shell is still open 24 hours?
Old 5th February 2015, 00:21   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
The Bellandur Shell is still open 24 hours?

Not sure of this. But the one on Bannerghata Road isn't.
Old 5th February 2015, 07:04   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Just wanted to share a nice thing which happened today! .. She apologized to me (even though it was my mistake) saying that she cannot continue and said will again reset to 0 and then only fill it. Was really surprised and happy!
Since you had asked for a specific amount, she was filling using that mode. In this mode, the pump will Stop dispensing after said amount of fuel was dispensed. In this instance, it was Rs 1000/-. So she had to do another "round" of filling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks