Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2014, 08:47   #826
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I paid and left - albeit with a very sour taste in my mouth, wondering how has this gone down?
I am still wondering, everything was right - 41 liters and the auto cut off - but looks like my car has atleast 5-7 liters less of the fuel.
Once in my car that , the fuel meter got stuck at a point and after sometime it functioned properly. Might be the case with you, since you filled 41L. Just wait and watch !!!
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:28   #827
BHPian

Any feedback on Indian Oil Bunk on Old Aiport Road after Domlur, while going towards MG Road. The one after BDA complex.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:38   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Any feedback on Indian Oil Bunk on Old Aiport Road after Domlur, while going towards MG Road.
I have filled my bike from there few times. Nothing to complain about, however towards that side my preference is BP opposite to Manipal and BP near Jeevanbhima nagar police station.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 19:10   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
BP near Jeevanbhima nagar police station.
I avoid this one, after the compressor operator heckled me for a tip the one time I went here.
Old 10th March 2014, 16:19   #830
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering, recently at Shell, they have started a separate Queue only for Super Petrol customers.

Now, the dispenser can pump 4 different fuels. Unleaded Normal Petrol, Super Petrol, Normal Diesel and Super Diesel.

When one asks for Super Petrol, of course the dispenser is lifted from the one mentioned Super Petrol. But what happens if the hoses have been interchanged? ie. If the Normal Petrol dispenser has been placed on the Super Petrol holder? (By holder I mean that thing that they lift if off of when they begin to fill fuel and place it back on after filling fuel). Considering only Super Petrol buyers use this Queue. The Super Petrol dispenser that is placed on the Normal Petrol holder will never be used. So if someone asks for Super Petrol, the billing will be for Super Petrol, but Normal Petrol will be pumped in. I am assuming that the holder thingy is responsible for the billing?

So must we also check to see which hose is being used?

This is applicable to IOC, BP, HP too. This is just an example.
Old 10th March 2014, 18:58   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
When one asks for Super Petrol, of course the dispenser is lifted from the one mentioned Super Petrol. But what happens if the hoses have been interchanged?
The pumps are supposed to be installed, calibrated and sealed by the OMC staff (Shell, in this case). The local Legal Metrology department (apart from OMC's vigilance wing) is also supposed to inspect the pumps periodically. But I guess the scenario you outline is likely and maybe go undetected if the pump staff does it very infrequently.

There are other visual cues, like colour coding and hose ordering that let you catch this, if you are attentive enough. If you are in serious doubt I suppose you can ask for the hydrometer test - I expect different density readings for normal and premium petrol (is this correct?).
Old 10th March 2014, 23:03   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

There are other visual cues, like colour coding and hose ordering that let you catch this, if you are attentive enough. If you are in serious doubt I suppose you can ask for the hydrometer test - I expect different density readings for normal and premium petrol (is this correct?).
This has never happened to me though. This was just a hypothetical situation I had thought of a few days ago. Shell has been clean all the while. No funny stuff.
But the last time I filled fuel, I looked up and verified where the hose was originating from.

But coming to your point, I guess that is one way to check for fraud. One can never be too sure these days. :(

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 10th March 2014 at 23:07.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:13   #833
BHPian

BP on Bannerghatta Rd. opp IBM.

Had a nightmare last weekend, when I stopped for fuelling at this BP pump opposite IBM. The guys loaded my tank with diesel instead of petrol, despite me telling him "PETROL". The engine was running, thus avoiding getting stuck in the middle of the road. My poor swift chocked and chocked, and I knew the wrong fuel had got into the system. Switched off the engine. What followed was almost 3 hrs of ordeal, emptying the tank, then flossing with petrol before I made then fill my tank with petrol again. The worrying factor was, when the guys who was called to empty the tank told me mine was the third car the same day, he was working on.
Do take care, and please check yourself what is getting pumped into your tank at this place.
Old 12th March 2014, 14:02   #834
Team-BHP Support

Re: BP on Bannerghatta Rd. opp IBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Do take care, and please check yourself what is getting pumped into your tank at this place.
One way to avoid is :
- go to a dispenser which is diesel only (and for a petrol car only a petrol dispenser)
- That way by design you avoid the problem
- If you go to a regular bunk, then you will know which one is a diesel only dispenser.
- Typically in the cities I have seen most cases there are diesel only dispenser and the mixed ones. (May not be true, but that's what my observations have been)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 18:45   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Had a nightmare last weekend, when I stopped for fuelling at this BP pump opposite IBM. The guys loaded my tank with diesel instead of petrol, despite me telling him "PETROL". .
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Quick question, do you get out of your car when you get the fuel filled? This is one of the best options of checking for all types of wrong doings.
Old 13th March 2014, 20:02   #836
BHPian

any opinion on the sarathi service station on IOC dealer on kanakapura road?
Old 13th March 2014, 20:08   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
any opinion on the sarathi service station on IOC dealer on kanakapura road?
Where exactly is this ?
The only bunk on Kanakapura road I have tried & found ok is the IOC at the junction of NICE road.
Old 13th March 2014, 20:18   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Where exactly is this ?
The only bunk on Kanakapura road I have tried & found ok is the IOC at the junction of NICE road.
This is 1.5 kms after konankunte cross on the left hand side, just opp to the road which goes to Mantri Tranquil.
Old 17th March 2014, 12:12   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Yesterday I refueled my car at HP Bunk near Cosmos Mall located on the Kundalahalli Road. I have been regular here so never ever had any cause of concern.

However yesterday - I get down my car, see the attendant fill the tank and later I ask him to close at auto shut off. Everything happens as expected. Only when I get into the car I see the fuel indicator still at 90%. Now normally - 40 liters are good enough to get the fuel gauge right to the Full position but here I filled 41.5 and it was nowhere near full.

I paid and left - albeit with a very sour taste in my mouth, wondering how has this gone down?
I am still wondering, everything was right - 41 liters and the auto cut off - but looks like my car has atleast 5-7 liters less of the fuel.
I stopped using this petrol bunk 4 years back when I realized they steal approx 100ml of petrol for every litre which they fill. My car's mileage had dropped significantly and I checked and replaced many things but in vain. I generally follow tank full to tank full filling and once I had to refill from Shell petrol bunk where I saw my tank filled up with 3 odd litres less on the machine.
Assuming it to be calculation mistake, I cross checked it at-least 4 times before calling it quits. Post Shell, my car's mileage is back to where it was and the engine feels more smoother as well, not to mention the stress free experience while refuelling.
Old 18th March 2014, 16:55   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Quick question, do you get out of your car when you get the fuel filled? This is one of the best options of checking for all types of wrong doings.
I do get off the vehicle every time they fill the tank, but yes I really do not go and check all the time. Off late with the Chip cards, your attention is diverted most of the time, when these guys ask for the PIN number.
The car is fine now after some initial problems.

Most Viewed