Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 09:56   #811
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Moderators,

I suggest we have a different thread to list petrol bunks that are open 24 hours. Any posts in this thread would be hard to find.

Thanks.
Old 15th January 2014, 10:34   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Any LPG users here?
I have been tanking up LPG at IOC St Marks Road for the last few months and have not had any issues with them. My problem is with the quantity of LPG. At IOC St Marks Road auto cutoff kicks in at 18.5 ltrs while the tank capacity is 22 ltrs.

When I had driven down to Chennai, I filled LPG at Propel (Indian Oil Petronas JV) TNagar and the auto cutoff kicked in only at 21.xx ltrs. Drove around Chennai and the mileage returned was +1kmpl (city driving with 80% AC) as compared to IOC LPG (city driving with 10% AC)

Anyone throw some light on why this is happening?
Old 15th January 2014, 10:37   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Moderators,

I suggest we have a different thread to list petrol bunks that are open 24 hours. Any posts in this thread would be hard to find.

Thanks.
@Mods,
Can we have a thread for list and feedback of all COCO pumps (w/o any unnecessary posts), if possible along with GPS coordinates?

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 15th January 2014 at 10:39.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:53   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure if it is open 24 hours, however has seen the BP Opposite to Manipal hospital on HAL airport road open around 11.30 PM and also early mornings ~ 03.30 AM.
You are right, the BP one opposite to Manipal hospital is 24 hours. I regularly fill at the HP pump, which is little ahead of the BP pump, towards HAL on the right side. I checked recently, and they are also open 24 hours. This HP one is a COCO and I have not had any complaints over the last 3 years that I have been using them.
Old 17th January 2014, 18:53   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This HP one is a COCO and I have not had any complaints over the last 3 years that I have been using them.
Thanks for the update.
This HP you are mentioning is not a COCO now I guess. Previously (~2010) their service was real bad, however things improved when it was made a COCO. Remember seeing that COCO board appear suddenly and stay that way for around one year, I used to frequent there that time.

I guess around a year afterwards the board suddenly disappeared, not sure if that is still a COCO. I moved towards Marathahalli and it is been a while since I been to that bunk.
Old 17th January 2014, 21:01   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
the BP one opposite to Manipal hospital is 24 hours. The HP pump, which is little ahead of the BP pump, towards HAL on the right side [...] are also open 24 hours. This HP one is a COCO and I have not had any complaints over the last 3 years that I have been using them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess around a year afterwards the board suddenly disappeared, not sure if that is still a COCO.
Both these are pumps that I patronize regularly (the HP one is on my way to office, the BP one is on my return route). The BP one is definitely not a COCO - it is DM & Sons. The HP one was a COCO when I moved into Bangalore (2011-12 time) but as you say, that board was taken down. Yet, the entry in my credit card statement when I fill from that pump still says "Auto Care Centre" which I believe is HP's brand name for their COCO pumps. So I am a bit confused.
Old 25th January 2014, 19:21   #817
Senior - BHPian

I was all praises for the bunk next to Purva Vantage, HSR layout. Until..

2 days back, i went to fill petrol. The bike in front of me was filled for Rs.70 and for my turn, the filler nonchalantly proceeded to fill without resetting. I stopped him and asked him to reset the meter, he was so cool about it.
Old 28th January 2014, 17:52   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

I have sometimes been filling at the HP bunk on JP Nagar Ring road - City Service Station. On Friday, went for my pre-long drive filling, at about 4.30 pm, where there was still a low crowd. Asked for the usual top-up, but instead got a rude response that he cant. Reason he gave - takes too much time.

I just said good you told me that you cant do a top-up, so now onwards wont come here.

Back to my more regular IOC COCO near BTM water tank. The attendants there have topped up Ikon without complaints, even though the car used to take upto 7 litres of slow filling to reach from Auto-stop to top-up.
Old 6th February 2014, 21:00   #819
BHPian

guys anybody having a list of company owned iocl bunks in bangalore north. thanks in advance.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:26   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have sometimes been filling at the HP bunk on JP Nagar Ring road - City Service Station. On Friday, went for my pre-long drive filling, at about 4.30 pm, where there was still a low crowd. Asked for the usual top-up, but instead got a rude response that he cant. Reason he gave - takes too much time.

I just said good you told me that you cant do a top-up, so now onwards wont come here.

Sorry to hear that . That bunk is near my home and I visit this place often. Such an incident has never happened to me before . I feel that the bunk is pretty honest in terms of dispensing fuel. So far I have never heard of any cheating complaints . The owner of the bunk is a very nice man and I often meet him during my early morning walks (we just exchange morning pleasantries) . I will raise this issue with him and make sure things are not repeated.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:13   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Ananth. It is not about cheating at all. I have used the bunk many times since it is very convenient for me. The bunk has 2 added advantages - the ATM & the Emission testing facility. Fuel quality has been good.

But this time the attendent's attitude has put me off. Ironically, within the time that he argued, he could have completed the top-up.

Last edited by condor : 7th February 2014 at 11:17.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:31   #822
Senior - BHPian

Condor - if we are talking about the HP Bunk on the ring road - when you approach Bannerghatta road from Kanakpura road, this bunk falls to your left after the G Vishwanath Underpass ?

Three days back, i was with my friend who wanted to fill up his Honda City. He asks petrol for Rs. 2000/. Filled, got the bill and off we go towards office. My friend realises that the fuel sensor should be very close to FULL, but wasnt. We wait for a minute on the side of the road - and the needle doesnt come close to Full. To a few questions that i asked my friend, he was very clear that there was atleast 8-10 Litres less that he got. I am not going into the details of the conversation that i had around the mileage, last filled bill etc..and i got convinced something is wrong.

We take a u-turn, go back to the bunk and confront the guy who filled, out comes the manager - and me and my friend insited on a quality/quanity check. One more gentleman comes out - started talking to his people at the bunk - and sheepishly tells us that there is some problem with the settings on the computer and the boy who fills petrold didnt realise this. I was insisting for the complaint book etc..but we were getting late for a meeting and had to rush. The bunk put additional fuel into my friends City for Rs. 300/. and didnt take any money.

I used to patronize this bunk always, since it falls on my way to office, but i dont think i want to go there any more.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:37   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

@JK, yes - the same one.

I havent experienced that kind of behaviour, since I go with an estimate of how much I need to fill up, and then I watch the meter.

But your post helps. Never harms to be careful.
Old 7th February 2014, 17:31   #824
BHPian

I am regular user of this one for my 2 wheeler. Never had any issue so far and also fuel quality is good, I need to be alert. My friends also use this for their 4 wheelers, will ask them also to be alert.
Old 19th February 2014, 09:38   #825
BHPian

Yesterday I refueled my car at HP Bunk near Cosmos Mall located on the Kundalahalli Road. I have been regular here so never ever had any cause of concern.

However yesterday - I get down my car, see the attendant fill the tank and later I ask him to close at auto shut off. Everything happens as expected. Only when I get into the car I see the fuel indicator still at 90%. Now normally - 40 liters are good enough to get the fuel gauge right to the Full position but here I filled 41.5 and it was nowhere near full.

I paid and left - albeit with a very sour taste in my mouth, wondering how has this gone down?
I am still wondering, everything was right - 41 liters and the auto cut off - but looks like my car has atleast 5-7 liters less of the fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks