Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 07:12   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have been filling all my vehicles from this BP bunk since mid-2011. Never faced any issues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
I concur with Venky!

I have been filling up from this BP outlet for the past 2 years. And I have only the best words for this place.
I lived in HSR Layout Sector 1 for two years and I whole-heartedly agree with both venkyhere and Miel. This is the best fuel station (BP pump on 19th Main, HSR Layout) in that area. The staff is always courteous and I have never had a bad experience there. I used to fill up all my bikes and cars from there - and always used a credit card / fill to auto shut-off strategy.

Highly recommended.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 16:59   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
For all those looking at 24x7 Shell gas stations , got to know yesterday that most of them are now open only from 7am to 10 pm IST. Only select outlets are open throughout the day. This is supposedly because of slower delivery in supplies from Mangalore due to the longer route that the tankers now have to take
Mekhri Circle Shell and Devegowda Petrol Bunk (BSK 3rd Stage) are the only 24x7 fuel stations I'm aware of.

Do add to the list if you're aware of any more.
Old 5th February 2015, 17:14   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I lived in HSR Layout Sector 1 for two years and I whole-heartedly agree with both venkyhere and Miel. This is the best fuel station (BP pump on 19th Main, HSR Layout) in that area
I guess you have mentioned the road details wrong. The discussion was about BP bunk on 27th Main, located next to police station.

The one on 19th main is an IOC bunk (located next to Purva Vantage), where the cab drivers caught them short changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Do add to the list if you're aware of any more.
Yes they did make few other bunks also 24 hour ones last month including Bellandur bunk.

However, not sure of the current condition, post the Mangalore truck route issue mentioned earlier. I have seen the Bellandur shell bunk open around 07.00 AM last weekend, however they could have just opened also.
Old 5th February 2015, 17:32   #964
Senior - BHPian

Yes mpksuhas, you are very correct. It is indeed on 27th main. I just moved out 3 months ago. Guess I forgot too soon.
Old 9th February 2015, 22:31   #965
BHPian

Folks, can anyone help me out with a bunk that sells Speed 97? The one in which I tried many months back doesn't sell it anymore.
Old 9th February 2015, 23:13   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a new bunk opened on Sarjapur Road opposite Kaikondrahalli Lake (Been open for a couple of weeks now). A good sized one. Filled up a couple of times and seems decent.
Old 10th February 2015, 17:58   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Folks, can anyone help me out with a bunk that sells Speed 97?
Not sure of current situation. Earlier it was sold at BP bunk at Richmond road / Hosur road junction, next to Toms hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Filled up a couple of times and seems decent.
Thanks for the update. Saw that bunk last weekend, they seems to have a large count of attendants there.
Old 10th February 2015, 18:05   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure of current situation. Earlier it was sold at BP bunk at Richmond road / Hosur road junction, next to Toms hotel.

That is the one I went to a few days back. They told me Speed 97 was 'Unavailable'. Weird, isn't it?
Old 10th February 2015, 22:49   #969
Senior - BHPian

Feedback about the Shell bunk on Varthur road ( Marathahalli - Whitefield road)

No concerns on fuel quality/quantity so far.

1. They treat customers differently based on what they drive.
In this fuel station, 2 wheelers had to wait 10+ minutes when 4+ pumps are free and not having any customers. Those 4 pumps are reserved for cars.

2. They reserve a pump for premium petrol, and they intentionally create a long queue for normal petrol for motorists; thats a very good strategy to push waiting customers to buy premium petrol.

3. 2 wheeler drivers who are paying by card have to park their vehicle and go inside a room to pay while 4 wheeler drivers can pay at the comfort of inside their car. Another strategy to discourage low amount card payments??

I have escalated these few months back and got an assurance from their Bangalore sales manager that those issues will be fixed. Again escalated today, lets see what happens.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 23:12   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Feedback about the Shell bunk on Varthur road ( Marathahalli - Whitefield road)

3. 2 wheeler drivers who are paying by card have to park their vehicle and go inside a room to pay while 4 wheeler drivers can pay at the comfort of inside their car. Another strategy to discourage low amount card payments??
This is true for Shell Bellandur also. Definitely seems to be a strategy to force more cash payments.
Old 14th February 2015, 07:53   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

2 wheeler drivers who are paying by card have to park their vehicle and go inside a room to pay while 4 wheeler drivers can pay at the comfort of inside their car. Another strategy to discourage low amount card payments??.

Not very sure why they would do this - isn't there a surcharge which gets added when one swipes the card at a petrol bunk?
Old 18th February 2015, 10:13   #972
BHPian

On my daily commute-route to office this morning, I bumped into the Mysore Road Shell Filling Station, near Gopalan Mall today for Diesel fill-up.
They were running out of stock.
Is this the case in many Shell places?
Could someone please confirm if the Filling Station on Old Madras Road (after Gopalan Signature Mall) is doing good on stock?

Thanks!

Last edited by vishnu-man : 18th February 2015 at 10:35. Reason: Location
Old 18th February 2015, 10:43   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
On my daily commute-route to office this morning, I bumped into the Mysore Road Shell Filling Station, near Gopalan Mall today for Diesel fill-up.
Could someone please confirm if the Filling Station on Old Madras Road (after Gopalan Signature Mall) is doing good on stock?

Thanks!
Since last couple of months I have started filling diesel in Shell usually at Magadi Road or at Bellandur. I haven't faced any issues of Out of Stock in any of the Shell bunks in Bangalore.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 10:59   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Not very sure why they would do this - isn't there a surcharge which gets added when one swipes the card at a petrol bunk?
A surcharge is added to the bill incase of a Debit Card.
Surcharge is waived off for most of the Credit Cards, which is why the Credit Card craze with the current generation (us).

Not very much difference whether they accept cards or cash.
I think it is the sheer laziness and the time consumed per 2 wheeler to clear, which matters, which is why they prefer cash , instead of card for 2 wheelers.

A 2 wheeler to fill petrol (full tank) and pay by card and sign and leave, would take about 2-3 minutes. The petrol filled may be a max of 500 bucks.
A 4 wheeler to fill petrol (full tank) and pay by card and sign and leave would take about 4-5minutes. The petrol filled may be around 2000 bucks.

So doing the math, they earn 1000 bucks every 5 minutes if they fill 2 wheelers and accept card, whereas the amount is double if they fill just one car.

Add to that, majority of 2 wheelers fill for 100 or 200 rupees and transaction by cash is quicker and easier.

I would say, it is not just a practice with Shell bunks, but any other petrol bunks too.
Old 19th February 2015, 10:16   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post

Thanks!
I'd been to this station yesterday.
It is Out of Stock too!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks