View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as
Recommended 17 53.13%
Average 9 28.13%
Not recommended 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 21:19   #16
BHPian

They charged a premium of approximately Rs. 70 to get an original(supposedly) relay from the company store for my Safari. They also charged Rs. 50 for fitting and checking of the relay.

The quote for a full body paint job was Rs. 43k, which is equal or slightly more than the service center.

Last edited by sumannandy : 20th June 2010 at 21:20.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:29   #17
BHPian

I have given my car (FIAT Palio SDX) for painting both bumpers and getting a body care teartment done. Will get the car back today and can post a review.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, I have been to the Sai Colorium and infact helped one of the tbhp member (punterccrx8s) to get his Getz tail light smoked !!

Have not had any personal interaction for my car here but as many who've had have mentioned, their paint shop is almost as good if not better than the ones at a Manufacturer service stations!!
Old 30th June 2010, 19:51   #19
BHPian

I see lot of good reviews of Sai Colorium here.

I have following issues to be resolved:

1. Scratches on alloys (Not so deep scratches)
2. Touch up paint job on front and rear bumpers
3. Car Detailing

Is Sai Colorium a good place to solve all the above? Please suggest.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I have following issues to be resolved:

1. Scratches on alloys (Not so deep scratches)
2. Touch up paint job on front and rear bumpers
3. Car Detailing

Is Sai Colorium a good place to solve all the above?.
I had been to Sai Colorium to get my rides dented bumper fixed. Paint quality, color match top notch.

May be being a first timer, they took extra care, the complimentary wash that they had done was awesome. They even had used a small brush to clear the muck around the logo on the sides.

One advice, plz do take a look at the areas not really visible to the eye. Ensure that the painting done in these places are of equal quality. I realized, when I got back home, that the painting done in one such area was very very bad. The paint was just smeared on, like someone totally forgot about it, and in the end, without even removing the bumper, just smeared some paint on the spot.

Other than that complaint, I had no problems, that wash really blew me away, so I didnt complain about the bad touch up, and it was not even visible unless closely inspected. (May be, i just consoled myself saying tat
Old 1st July 2010, 11:40   #21
BHPian

@Spinner:
Thanks for info. BTW, what avg cost should I expect for my list?
I have very little scratches on Front/Rear Bumper. Tried with rubbing comp. But, no use. Just want to get it touched up.
Particularly, i am looking to cleanup the scratches on alloy wheel edges.

And since mine is Pearl White, every dust looks elegant.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
BTW, what avg cost should I expect for my list?
I would say, part painting bumper, assuming you have 4 Big spots, should cost you around Rs 2000 - Rs 2500. (This is just a guess). This is with out any denting.

Alloy painting, they dont do it there, they out source. Last time when I had checked they had said, they would charge Rs 700/wheel as mounting and unmounting the tyre cost them. I dont remember if this 700 included painting. Bottom line is, painting alloys was costly, and they didnt gurantee on the quality. So I didnt get that done.

I think you should drop by some day and enquire, they will give you a written quote.
Old 9th July 2010, 19:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
The quote for a full body paint job was Rs. 43k, which is equal or slightly more than the service center.
Quite interesting to hear that. Looks like Tata A.S.S. are more economical than Mitsubishi, Honda, Hyundai A.S.S.!
My Lancer A.S.S. quoted close to 40k for Lancer painting, and Safari has probably 50% (if not more?) more body area to be painted...
BTW, was this only for outer body painting ? In the same color ?
Old 20th July 2010, 09:17   #24
BHPian

I had a bad experience at Sai Colorium.

The brake light switch was on in my Safari for last 2-3 months. I took it to Sai colorium and they diagnosed it with a faulty brake switch, but asked me to keep driving as it would not impact anything. Sunday morning I had a brake failure on the road. Tata motors helpline attended the call and the service associate confirmed that it is necessary to replace the switch when the light is on. It is not recommended to drive with the light on as brake oil was leaking through the switch.

My car is in Concorde now waiting for the parts to arrive. The cost is approx 250 I think but availability is an issue. Seems like they need to get it from the factory.

So I would not go there for any mechanical work for my Safari. In fact this is my experience with most of the roadside workshops. I had to repair the car in authorized dealership for similar complaints attended outside earlier. With 6 months warranty and expertise I think it makes sense to get the work done at the service center although it might be little expensive.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:22   #25
BHPian

Do they have any tie-up with insurance companies?
Old 29th July 2010, 18:28   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Insurance claiming is normal procedure there.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Detailing Service

After long wait, today i was able to go to Sai Colorium for detailing services. It took almost the whole day for the service. They are really good at it. Very neat and clean job. Special mention about Mr.Khan(I believe he is the manager) and Raju(who worked throughout the day on the car) for detailed work and patiently working on all the things i asked for .
They use Farecla products (compond paste, wax, etc) for detailing.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:43   #28
BHPian

Can you please provide images and pricing details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
After long wait, today i was able to go to Sai Colorium for detailing services. It took almost the whole day for the service. They are really good at it. Very neat and clean job. Special mention about Mr.Khan(I believe he is the manager) and Raju(who worked throughout the day on the car) for detailed work and patiently working on all the things i asked for .
They use Farecla products (compond paste, wax, etc) for detailing.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Can you please provide images and pricing details?
Sorry i do not have before pic and also i have only one pic after the detailing.
Price Rs.1200
Attached Thumbnails
Dedicated automotive Body Care: Sai Colorium-dsc00373.jpg  

Old 15th September 2010, 20:36   #30
BHPian

I went there today to get a quote for my dad's Jazz, which has a couple of dents here & there, and a lot of scratches everywhere. I saw a Lancer being polished, their paint job looked quite good, & they gave me a quote of Rs. 23K for the entire car, tinkering & painting, time frame for the job was 6 working days. First i met Mr. Srinivas (I think) in the mechanical garage & he quoted App. price of Rs. 28K, then he showed me the body workshop & introduced me to the owner Mr. S K Ananth, he then reworked the pricing & quoted the above figure of Rs. 23K.

CHEERS,
G D

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks