Team-BHP - ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82890-ice-accessories-sachins-auto-shop-koramangala-bangalore-3.html)

Yesterday got the window tints installed for Figo from Autoshop. These guys had a new brand of window tints called Global Window Films. They also had 3M and Llumar. I picked global, since the spec was similar to 3M and had greater solar heat reduction compared to 3M. In terms to price both 3M and Global are comparable.

For Figo, the global emerald series SP20 costs 1800/- for all windows and rear glass.

This place gets super crowded these days!
I went there recently because i had knocked off both the wires from rear speakers, while packing the boot for a trip. There was hardly any parking space left!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2254636)
This place gets super crowded these days!
I went there recently because i had knocked off both the wires from rear speakers, while packing the boot for a trip. There was hardly any parking space left!

yeah, parking is a problem there. 2-3 in front and maybe another 2-3 in the side lane and you're out of space!

btw, you could get a soldering iron and solder the points yourself :p i can lend you the equipment if you want :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2254680)
btw, you could get a soldering iron and solder the points yourself :p i can lend you the equipment if you want

Thoda OT but, thanks for the offer but there are two problems here
1. I stay on 4th floor and park my car on the ground floor. Getting a power connection down there is near impossible
2. I am too big to get that far into the boot and do the soldering!!

And 3, i somewhat like going to that shop and seeing what work others are getting done on their cars :D

Got my Fabia fitted with 'Global' sunfilm about a month back. Kumar the proprietor was very helpful and quoted a good price too, so much that I didnt bother bargaining

What I didnt like:the place was quite crowded and took a very long time to get the sunfilm installed, entire afternoon was wasted. Also the installer was quite unprofessional and dirtied my car's beige colour interiors :( Found a few air bubbles which I made the guy remove on the spot, would have expected more attention to detail

Overall would I recommend the place: yes

I have been to Sachin's autoshop several times over the last few years. I got my 6x9 inch rear speakers and front components from the place and several other tit bits on and off for my car.

Experience with the owner is great and both the guys are very nice and reasonable in terms of pricing etc.

However what i donot like at all are the guys who work for him. They donot pay attention to detail and are bit arrogant cause they consider themselves experts and do a hurried job. I remember when i got my front components installed on my Ikon, there most experienced guy did the job but despite that in the process of drilling some holes in the door while fitting the speakers, he drilled through the power windows wiring on the driver side door which completely shorted the wires and blew fuses. Luckily only insulations got damaged, so he spent an hr isolating each wire and then putting electrical tape on them.

I would still recommend them, but just watch the guys working on the car closely.

I been a loyal customer of Sachin's Autoshop for the past 3 years. Bought equipments costing close to 1 lakh from him during past 3 years. But eventually end up in a very sad experience. The problem started when I decided to change the factory horn to Hella pressure horn on my Optra Magnum.

During installation the guy broke one of the two locks holding the front grill of my vehicle. Once the job is done the high tone horn will not work always. The guy who has done the job kept arguing it was normal. Being used to Stebel for a while I didn't accept it and Sachin (or his bro) asked the guy to replace it with a new set. In the process, he completely broke the second lock of front grill. He fixed a new set and worked well for the 3 times I tried it there. I happily went home thinking the issue resolved, but after few honking the same issue popped up. Now it is constantly not working after 3 or 4 honking.

I made 3 trips to Sachins shop, at every weekend followed, every time I was sent back saying it is working fine. When I asked them to test, the will not do so since the neibours will complain it seems. So in that case I am not sure why horns are sold there, which cannot be tested and fixed. The guy attended my vehicle kept blabbering and asked me to tell where the problem is after removing the insulation tape.

Last Saturday I been there again with the same problem, but they are not ready to see the problem ( I asked Sachin to sit in my car I would drive around and show the issue) they were not ready to do so. He asked me to come back on Monday to check the issue and if horn is bad he can replace with some other brand. When I asked for same brand replacement, he was not very keen on explaining why it cannot be done. Also he suggested me to get a pooja done to resolve this issue which is the first time I am hearing from any installer, even though I am not spiritual, liked this idea a lot :)

I will be removing the horn myself and asking for a refund (RS 1500 for a pair without relay)during this weekend. Sad to say one of my most trusted shop lost my loyalty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertinu (Post 2330608)
However what i donot like at all are the guys who work for him. They donot pay attention to detail and are bit arrogant cause they consider themselves experts and do a hurried job. I remember when i got my front components installed on my Ikon, there most experienced guy did the job but despite that in the process of drilling some holes in the door while fitting the speakers, he drilled through the power windows wiring on the driver side door which completely shorted the wires and blew fuses. Luckily only insulations got damaged, so he spent an hr isolating each wire and then putting electrical tape on them.

I completely agree. I felt the guys work here think that they are masters of everything. To my surprise I have seen the owners are not in good control of their employees. When I complained about the locks broken the owner was not even ready to ask the guy to take care (Eventually the guy broke the second one too).

Bought Osram NB+ and dyna wipers from them last week. The pricing was reasonable when compared to other shops where i inquired for the same. The guy who did the install was quick in replacing the bulbs but was struggling when he had to change the wipers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 2459880)
Bought Osram NB+ and dyna wipers from them last week. The pricing was reasonable when compared to other shops where i inquired for the same. The guy who did the install was quick in replacing the bulbs but was struggling when he had to change the wipers.

How much did the NB+ cost you? And how is it compared to normal NB?

Good service . I recently changed my head unit of my OHC . Spoke to Kumar and mentioned what i wanted : A good head unit with bluetooth and USB . Job well done and exactly as i wanted . Wife happy as she uses her ipod extensively . Priced reasonable as well and does not try to oversell . Gives you options to choose from . Keep up the good work kumar .:thumbs up By the way i got a Kenwood head unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper (Post 2410944)
Also he suggested me to get a pooja done to resolve this issue which is the first time I am hearing from any installer, even though I am not spiritual, liked this idea a lot :) .

Is he a dumb head to give such a suggestion??:deadhorse

I was thinking of going there to get a HU and checking out few other things for myself. But now i have changed my mind listening to you guys. Looks like they are not at all interested in the work.

If a known customer like you are facing issues then i can think what service they will provide to new customers:Frustrati

Thanks for the post dude!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2463249)
How much did the NB+ cost you? And how is it compared to normal NB?

I've never used the NB to comment on them. My stock bulbs were replaced with the NB+ as they were 65k old. I notice a significant improvement in the low beam within the city as that's all i've tested. Will post a highway review soon.
Could be 2 things:
a) My stock lamps were very old and so the NB+ feels good.
b) NB+ is genuinely good. They claim longer life and more brightness when compared to NB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashank.nk (Post 2463520)
I've never used the NB to comment on them. My stock bulbs were replaced with the NB+ as they were 65k old. I notice a significant improvement in the low beam within the city as that's all i've tested. Will post a highway review soon.
Could be 2 things:
a) My stock lamps were very old and so the NB+ feels good.
b) NB+ is genuinely good. They claim longer life and more brightness when compared to NB.

Can you share the cost please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2463702)
Can you share the cost please?

Sorry i overlooked it. Rs. 1100 and i got it done sometime in July end.

Got the Windshield sun film and JV Head unit installed from Autoshop @ Koramangala today

Head unit - JVC: KD-R728BT

windshield Sunfilm - 3M CR70

Autoshop staff were very co-operative and patient in answering all queries. The workmanship also was excellent.

There also a chaipoint just across the street for a nice cup of tea while waiting for installation to complete!

clap: