Team-BHP - ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   ICE & Accessories: Sachin's Auto Shop (Koramangala, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82890-ice-accessories-sachins-auto-shop-koramangala-bangalore-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 4946227)
Hi all,

I need some advice regarding HU repair/replacement.

The ICE HU for my Tata Zest XT isn't working and Tata ASS is asking for 50k for HU replacement. Apart from music, the HU also doubles up as the display for:

I am in the same boat, HU of my Tata Zest XT stopped working along with key fob and AC control (ON continuously cannot be turned off).

I went to electrical shop nearby, he told fuse could be a problem and replaced a fuse and that fixed key fob and AC.

But not the HU which is still dead.

Can you please suggest what you did here. Frankly I do not want to spend about 35K for new OEM HU

Quote:

Originally Posted by isandy (Post 5172513)
I am in the same boat, HU of my Tata Zest XT stopped working along with key fob and AC control (ON continuously cannot be turned off).

I went to electrical shop nearby, he told fuse could be a problem and replaced a fuse and that fixed key fob and AC.

Can you please suggest what you did here. Frankly I do not want to spend about 35K for new OEM HU

Go to the area in your city where accident totaled cars are scrapped and parts are sold. Get a second hand HU matching your car from there. You will get it for fraction of cost.

In Bangalore, Russel market area is known for these second hand parts. Give it a shot

Quote:

Originally Posted by isandy (Post 5172513)

I am still driving the car without a functional HU :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 5172528)
In Bangalore, Russel market area is known for these second hand parts. Give it a shot

Thanks, I will try it out, but not sure when. I am quite used to the absence of music or parking sensors

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 5172600)
Thanks, I will try it out, but not sure when. I am quite used to the absence of music or parking sensors

Yea. I can understand. It is really stupid to couple the HU with ACC controls. Parking sensor display on the HU can be forgone. But the temperature display on the HU will be sorely missed in case you go for aftermarket HU

Quote:

Originally Posted by himarg (Post 5172600)

Did you try fixing it outside in a good ICE center, I am planning to give it a shot

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 5172671)
Yea. I can understand. It is really stupid to couple the HU with ACC controls. Parking sensor display on the HU can be forgone. But the temperature display on the HU will be sorely missed in case you go for aftermarket HU

Totally agree, without temperature and blower speed it feels like blind to rely on other senses

Quote:

Originally Posted by isandy (Post 5173475)
Did you try fixing it outside in a good ICE center, I am planning to give it a shot

I haven't tried yet. Spoke to a reputed car audio customization shop in Koramangala quite some time ago, but never could take the car there for actual work. The gentleman there too wasn't too hopeful of doing a clean aftermarket job (including ACC display).

In case you find a solution, please share the details.

Hi Guys. I’m planning for alloy purchase in Bangalore for my Brezza. Can someone suggest a good & reliable shop that I can drop into and finalize my purchase?

Asking since there have been no updates since last 15 months. Anyone been here? Need to upgrade the HU of my preowned Honda City, among few accessories. Is this place still highly recommended by the forum?

My experience with them has been good. But sometimes they overprice the stuff they sell. Especially ones which don't come with an MRSP sticker.

I'd suggest compare rates and then go to them for fitment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by creative420 (Post 5501471)
Asking since there have been no updates since last 15 months. Anyone been here? Need to upgrade the HU of my preowned Honda City, among few accessories. Is this place still highly recommended by the forum?

I got the HU of my 2014 City VX upgraded here. Their work is good but they quote higher. I would suggest that you ask around in major places for the prices of the unit that you havs shortlisted and then negotiate down their prices. That is what I did. Hope that helps!