Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 23:18   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automotive Workshop : Sejal Motors (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Another ques, can I claim insurance for a body damage at Sejal? I hope insurance guys honor repair estimates at such workshops?
You can. But you are not likely to get a cashless facility. You will need to pay the centre first, and then claim for refund. Sejal should help you with the paperwork.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

How is the body work at Sejal? My car has accumulated a few dents over the last few years.

I stay close to this place, so this place seems attractive.
Old 26th April 2014, 13:33   #63
BHPian

I got some body work done at Sejal today because of fair damage to a door caused by close attention from a truck. Work was very good . On par with what I can expect from the Hyundai service centre. Time taken was also about the same ( 48 hrs) and the costs significantly lower.

I endorse the recommendation of the place .
Secretariat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 14:13   #64
BHPian

What can I say?! I have had mixed experience with Sejal motors..

I bought a used Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI NXT (2003 model) in 2012.
From that time onwards I am regularly servicing my car at this place.

As someone rightly pointed out, this place is recommended for only minor/regular service.They are under equipped for complex issues.

1st Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done and bill was around ~5K.
2nd Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done along with brake pad replacement and bill was around ~9K.
3rd Service- Regular service like engine oil/oil filter change/engine tune up/etc done along with interior shampooing and bill was around ~7K.

Other than the regular service I have changed water pump once at the cost of ~2.5K for engine overheating issue. Even though later it was identified the issue was with coolant tank cap
Rear shocks packed once and changed at the cost of ~6K including labour.
AC pipe got damaged by a big stone and got it replaced at the cost of 4.8K which includes low pressure A/C pipe/Gas charging/Labour.

Issues so far they are not able to fix/identify..

1. Engine overheating/High speed fan always running
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419161

2. High RPM while clutch is pressed
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419171

3. Steering wheel noise
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3418034

4. Petrol smell inside cabin
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3419165

5. Tyre noise
Related post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3418087

6. Dashboard rattle - 2 times dashboard opened and packed with some material, but still rattle is there.

On the postive side Suresh is very friendly and nice person Listens to your issues very patiently.
sbalagru6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to update this thread, Few months back I had taken my ride for an oil change small service and general Body work touch up work.

Observations -
Suresh is very helpful.
Top Priority given as I wanted the car back the same day. I waited the whole day for them to complete the job.
I had to go in after 2 days for the polishing work.
After the oil/lube change the body work started, 1 door and front bumper, rear bumper were partially repainted thanks to Bangalore traffic.

Overall I am very happy with the color match and paint quality.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 18:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Did engine over haul/rebuild of my Baleno (2004) at Sejal during the last month.

Detailed report here:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4320194

Had a nice experience with Mr. Suresh during the long tenure of this re-build job. His mechanic Dinesh is the person who worked on it and I guess he is most skilled staff he has, since he has been put on this job. It was a great effort by him in sourcing the parts and getting to the root causes. It was supposed to be an expensive repair, but Suresh was very understanding and provided all the support to work it out cheaper as much as possible due to this unfortunate situation that I ended up and on a car which does not have any re-sale value.

So far no issues, and has infact has given a fresh life to the engine.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 20:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Have to change the exhaust of my Getz as it has developed leak. Has anyone got free flow exhaust done from them? Planning to keep the header and just replace the pipes.
Old 29th December 2017, 21:30   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Has anyone got free flow exhaust done from them? Planning to keep the header and just replace the pipes.
I don't think Suresh makes free flow exhaust systems, check with RRP.
Old 19th October 2018, 04:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
I Personally know the Proprieter(suresh) of sejal.

i can say that he is very good and freindly. he has good mechanics to work on (Mechanically & Body works). his prices are also re-sonable.

i can suggest all the Maruthi owners to visit the show room he is wonderful in the service of maruthi.

here is his no: 9945207551.

if any one visiting the place ring/ PM me i can visit the showroom if you require any refference.
Do you know if they fit led bars on cars. I have two bars that need to be fitted with a wiring harness and relay on my swift dzire. I also need the metal clamps to be done. Please advise.

Last edited by andescondor : 19th October 2018 at 04:33.
Old 19th October 2018, 11:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andescondor View Post
Do you know if they fit led bars on cars. I have two bars that need to be fitted with a wiring harness and relay on my swift dzire. I also need the metal clamps to be done. Please advise.
Hi

Unfortunately they dont take care of these kind of works.
SPEEDY_RACER is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 21:38   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi

Unfortunately they dont take care of these kind of works.
Would you recommend this place for a 7 year old Figo that is making a lot of noise and also requires some minor touch-up for scratches.

A friend lives nearby and is llokkng for options, she's not inclined to travel too far with the current condition of the car.
Old 9th September 2019, 23:05   #72
BHPian

Any recent feedback on painting quality at this workshop
Old 7th October 2019, 22:15   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Would you recommend this place for a 7 year old Figo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Not sure if you guys are still looking for it. Yes, I would recommend them for any repairs. Painting quality is good as well. I have got the door panel painted about 3 months back and no complaints.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 10:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Recently I got the front bumper painted (rather fabricated and then painted) since it had some scratches thanks to low GC of Baleno (2005 model). Fabrication was need since it was partially broken, than spending about 12-14k for the whole bumper replacement. Suresh did a reasonably good job. I would rather say I'm satisfied with both fabrication and paint job. Hopefully this lasts long Time will tell.

What kind of painting work, is it entire body painting. I suggest if it's one small panel or door that needs minor tinkering/painting, do that once in case you are still doubtful and see the outcome and then go for complete painting based on your need. Just my two cents.

regards
prsn
prsnck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 19:38   #75
BHPian

I have been using Sejal Motors for about 4 yrs now. initially was only for denting/ painting works and in the last 2 yrs for regular service as well.

They are quite good for regular service and minor denting/ painting work but not great for more complex issues.

1) My EPS motor had gone kaput, which I could only diagnose since it was the second time it was happening. However they werent able to fix it and eventually took it to the dealer service who fixed it.

2) Biggest issue in my Verna so far: Had a coolant leak 2 yrs back and the dealer service centre wasnt able to diagnose it, hence took it to Sejal motors. They said the heater core had gone kaput and since I was happy with their work until then and impressed by Suresh's quick diagnosis I gave the go ahead for replacement. They really messed up the dashboard fitment and steering too was off centre. Replacing the heater core didnt solve the issue as well, and eventually went to the authorised service again who finally found a leak in a hose and replaced that which fixed the issue. Weird a simple leak in the hose took so long to diagnose. It wasnt a slow leak as well. Used to empty the coolant tank in 300-400kms.

The paintwork has been good so far, but the last time I had a door panel repainted I wasnt happy with their job.

All my issues interestingly have been after they shifted to the bigger service centre behind Akme Ballet. They were quite good at their older place in Ferns city road.
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks