Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 18:32   #4396
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Bianchi Via Nirone 7.
If you scroll back / search you'll see a bunch of members own this exact same bike.

https://www.google.com/search?source...60.i0Zu4R-APsQ
Old 15th October 2019, 19:09   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Honestly I am not an expert to suggest. But I think you should visit Decathlon, they have good once with reasonable cost.
Sure. Will checkout the Btwin ones. I think Riverside 120 fits in 10-15K range as recommended. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
+1. For a 3 km one way ride, you don't need to spend 30k. Buy any decent hybrid around 10-15k, geared or otherwise, from Decathlon or Montra/Hercules and you are good to ride.
Thanks for the suggestion. How is the Montra Trance/Trance Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
For about 12k, you would get a Mach City Munich with 21 gears. Two of my friends have this, and even for 40-50 km weekend rides, this performs rather well. IMHO, anything above 15k is certainly an overkill for your requirements.
Will check this out as well. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 15th October 2019, 22:03   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone here owned or owns a Bianchi ? Planning to pick a good endurance bike with a budget of about 70/80k. Was initially thinking of getting the Triban RC 520, but Track and Trials have a good offer going on a Bianchi Via Nirone 7. Just thought would post in here and check for any suggestions or recommendations regarding the Bianchi.
I own one.
Any questions?
Owning a roadbike does require you to be more hands on with whatever you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Sure. Will checkout the Btwin ones. I think Riverside 120 fits in 10-15K range as recommended. Thanks!
Would urge a Montra.
Or 35-40k has a bunch of really good options.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th October 2019 at 17:56. Reason: Posts merged. Quote trimmed.
Old 17th October 2019, 02:45   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
If you scroll back / search you'll see a bunch of members own this exact same bike.

https://www.google.com/search?source...60.i0Zu4R-APsQ
Thanks for posting the search link. Went through couple of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
I own one.
Any questions?
Owning a roadbike does require you to be more hands on with whatever you do.
Had loads, but took a TD today and was super impressed with it. The only thing I was a bit disappointed was that just the matt black variant is available and not the Celeste.
Having spent a good part of the year riding my friends Mach City, wanted to get a bike to start covering some serious outer city miles on the weekend. So was considering a good Endurance Bike, initially considered the Triban RC 120, but decided to stretch my budget to 70/80k mark. Almost all of my friends have either Cannondale / Specialized / Felt, but with the offer on the Via Nirone, decided to add it to the shortlist.

A friend of mine has been after my life to pick up a Cannondale Synapse Alloy instead, its beyond my budget, but will try and TD it.
Old 17th October 2019, 07:55   #4400
Senior - BHPian

I have this bike as wallpaper. Getting lots of fabulous of such pics as whatsapp forwards.

The Bicycles thread-img_3627.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th October 2019 at 17:33. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 19th October 2019, 12:04   #4401
BHPian

Quote:

A friend of mine has been after my life to pick up a Cannondale Synapse Alloy instead, its beyond my budget, but will try and TD it.
Can vouch for the Cannondale Synapse as I've been riding it for the past 3 months. Excellent endurance geometry. One of the best, if not the best, endurance bikes in the market. If the 105 groupset is out of your budget (cost me 95k), you can think of the Sora model which can be bought for approx 65k.
Old 19th October 2019, 12:50   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have this bike as wallpaper. Getting lots of fabulous of such pics as whatsapp forwards.

Attachment 1923650
That looks like The Following from Evil bikes. What a looker! Woot!
Old 20th October 2019, 11:16   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Can vouch for the Cannondale Synapse as I've been riding it for the past 3 months. Excellent endurance geometry. One of the best, if not the best, endurance bikes in the market. If the 105 groupset is out of your budget (cost me 95k), you can think of the Sora model which can be bought for approx 65k.
Thanks for your feedback Hunter. The Synapse 105 is indeed a bit beyond my budget, but will definitely TD it and then take a call. Will try and give the Sora a TD as well. The rains are keeping the plans on hold and also a friend has just bought a Convolution Aspera, which I am kinda intrigued about as well. So will TD them and take a call.
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:35   #4404
Team-BHP Support

Something amusing - Was looking up some cycling jackets & came across MAMIL.
I thought it was a brand of bicycle clothing but then realized it's an abbreviation for Middle Aged Men In Lycra.

It's also the subject of a documentary:

&

a newspaper article:
Daily Mall: Oh the shame of being married to a MAMIL
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 21:28   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
I have narrowed down to Triban 520 RC which has 105 group set and has good review. It is available in Decathlon for 75k. Other brands with 105 group set starts form at least 99k
Old 28th October 2019, 21:38   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel View Post
I have narrowed down to Triban 520 RC which has 105 group set and has good review. It is available in Decathlon for 75k. Other brands with 105 group set starts form at least 99k
The Triban RC520 is not a full 105 groupset.
To make it cheaper compared to the 105 groupset rivals,they have used a microshift cassette and tektro discs.

Just got some news from some sources regarding the launch of a new range of Decathlon road bikes called Van Rysel. Expected to be price from 1.30Lakh and upwards.

The Bicycles thread-img20191022wa0000.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img20191022wa0003.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th October 2019 at 17:26. Reason: Posts merged. Post spacing fixed.
Old 29th October 2019, 06:20   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Just got some news from some sources regarding the launch of a new range of decathlon road bikes called vanrysel.Expected to be price from 1.30Lakh and upwardsAttachment 1927699

Attachment 1927700
Van Rysel 900 AF has been on sale for a while now. About it INR 90k.
Old 29th October 2019, 06:59   #4408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Van Rysel 900 AF has been on sale for a while now. About it INR 90k.
But I guess as you said it's an old model.These ones are 2019 models which are available abroad.If you would have noticed,the mid-high spec bikes also get ultegra groupset as opposed to the 105s.
Old 29th October 2019, 12:01   #4409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
But I guess as you said it's an old model.These ones are 2019 models which are available abroad.If you would have noticed,the mid-high spec bikes also get ultegra groupset as opposed to the 105s.
Yes these are the new model. Very impressive. Nice wheels too.

Cheers, Doc
Old 29th October 2019, 14:33   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Though I am quite happy with my current Hercules ACT 110 hybrid, and have not even put it to complete use, the road bike bug has bit me.
Took a test ride of few road bikes over the Diwali weekend to get a feel and understand what is the configuration that I should be looking at.

Cannondale Synapse – The one I rode came fitted with Claris groupset. The bike looked really good with a really neat and pleasing design. Having read lot of reviews about the Synapse, I knew it was an endurance frame at that it would be comfortable for long rides which I intend to do. But when I test rode it, I did not find the ride to be very compliant like the reviews had remarked, and upon inquiring I found that the model I rode had an alloy fork, not carbon fibre like the reviews mentioned – probably a regional difference? And at the quoted 50k, I did not see much value in it.

Ridley Damocles 1 – I had not done much research on this brand or the model, but gave it a try. It largely felt very similar to the Synapse, except that the seat on this one was badly designed and was not comfortable even over the brief test ride I did. This one too had Claris groupset and the shift feel and effort felt largely the same to me. Same harsh ride quality like the Synapse, so not very impressed. But could not understand why this one was only 40k, despite being very similar to the Cannondale in every regard. Possibly brand positioning and maybe different import duties.

Triban RC 120 – Decathlon did not have the size I wanted for a test ride, but the L sized frame gave an idea about what to expect from it and it was quite a surprising package. The RC 120 is equipped with carbon forks and also has bigger 700x28c tyres as opposed to 700x 25c worn by the Synapse and the Damocles 1. This translates into a very good ride quality, though I was allowed to try it only inside Decathlon premises, the interlocking blocks gave a decent idea about the ride quality. I came back much impressed experience from the Triban, than even the big names in cycling world! At 35k, it presents stellar value for money.

I have requested for the right frame size with the Decathlon store, and possibly get a longer test ride and then finalize my choice. Any other good options in the price range that I should check-out?

Recommendations and reviews welcome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks