Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 23:40   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
My take is to go for the first one. You have got a clean 50K discount and a car without waiting period. But make sure you get the same checked by the MASS. Also talk to the MASS where this car was attended to find out if this car is a lemon.
Thanks Diesel fan...actually the car is now with MASS.My cousin is the manager and he has assured me that the car is in very good condition.
Cheers
Old 24th March 2009, 13:38   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Time of booking & Time of Delivery - Price difference & What to do!

Can someone please advice me on this? What happens if there is an increase or deflation in price between the time you book the vehicle and the time you take delivery? What do you pay?
Old 24th March 2009, 13:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Technically, Price at the time of Delivery (when car is assigned to you and sent for RTO registration) is applicable.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:46   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

If that's the case, can I cancel the booking in light of the price being higher and ask for a refund? This sounds atrocious to say the least. How do I work around this conundrum?
Old 24th March 2009, 13:55   #50
BANNED

Check the terms of cancellation of booking - should be there behind the booking advice.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
If that's the case, can I cancel the booking in light of the price being higher
Usually thats a painless thing. Dealer will refund complete booking amount. Just be "pollitically correct". E.g. you can say you are canceling the booking due to Relocation/Financial issues etc etc.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Usually thats a painless thing. Dealer will refund complete booking amount. Just be "pollitically correct". E.g. you can say you are canceling the booking due to Relocation/Financial issues etc etc.
yeah instead of being straight cancellation just be politically correct which does makes dealer offer you old rates as were quoted and wont bill you new higher ones, it has worked for some of my friends when they had taken their new car.
Old 12th July 2009, 22:19   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
  • Everything in writing: It’s common practice with car dealerships to promise the world (discounts, free accessories, etc.) but not deliver on closing day. Make certain that every commitment made by the dealer is written down and signed on their letter-head.
One of my relatives (a die-hard Maruti loyalist!) was shown the door today at a Maruti dealership after he insisted that the dealership should provide an agreement in writing for the discounts they were offering him as part of the deal. I live nearby the dealership and was called in for help. I went there and talked to the sales folks. According to them, they are not allowed provide anything in writing other than the discounted Maruti cartel price for the car! Cartel pricing? I feel this is the same as price fixing. Whatever happened to fair-trade and competition laws.Any tips on how to handle this?
Old 13th July 2009, 13:50   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosa View Post
One of my relatives (a die-hard Maruti loyalist!) was shown the door today at a Maruti dealership after he insisted that the dealership should provide an agreement in writing for the discounts they were offering him as part of the deal.
Most dealers won't give the discount in writing, though some will finally show up on the invoice (the *invisible* ones will be adjusted on free accessories, finance deals etc.). Manufacturers exercise control over dealer discounts to prevent brand dilution and competition amongst their own dealers.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:04   #55
BHPian

How can I find out about the registration costs for new ANHC... Dealer quote is Rs.46323/- for 1.5 V MT... I think its a little steep...
Old 7th October 2009, 16:07   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
How can I find out about the registration costs for new ANHC... Dealer quote is Rs.46323/- for 1.5 V MT... I think its a little steep...
1. Check with other dealers

2. Verify with your RTO. Or RTO agent (this will be simpler + quicker).

3. Get the required information and calculate yourself.
Old 7th October 2009, 17:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. Check with other dealers

2. Verify with your RTO. Or RTO agent (this will be simpler + quicker).

3. Get the required information and calculate yourself.
Only one Honda Dealer in my city... I tried to calculate it my self but its so damn confusing to calculate tax that I will need a map...

I am looking for an RTO agent, lets see what he can find...

I got the quote of Rs. 897250/- (ex Showroom) + 46363/- (Regn.) + 31132/- (Insurence) for V MT model.... Total = Rs. 974745/-

After deducting 15000/- for corporate bonus & 30% off on own premium the final price comes to Rs. 950744/- on road + Honda Original Body Cover FREE... With an option of not to get insurance from dealer but even outside myself if I can get a better rate......

How is the price.. I haggled as much as I could...
Old 8th October 2009, 11:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Only one Honda Dealer in my city... I tried to calculate it my self but its so damn confusing to calculate tax that I will need a map...

I am looking for an RTO agent, lets see what he can find...

I got the quote of Rs. 897250/- (ex Showroom) + 46363/- (Regn.) + 31132/- (Insurence) for V MT model.... Total = Rs. 974745/-

After deducting 15000/- for corporate bonus & 30% off on own premium the final price comes to Rs. 950744/- on road + Honda Original Body Cover FREE... With an option of not to get insurance from dealer but even outside myself if I can get a better rate......

How is the price.. I haggled as much as I could...
This is not about the price.I will give details about the Registration amount.

I dont know where you are based.I will give the calculations as per in Noida

Ex Show Room Price : 897250
Road tax (5% per Ex Showroom) : 44862.5
Additional amount for Registration : 1500(Subtracted from your reg quote)

So if you have proper address proof and can spend half a day in the RTO office I suggest you do it by yourself .

If I were you,I would bargain hard with the dealer to waive this Rs 1500 and ask him to do it for free.I think the dealer will take that off as sale is much more important than 1500 bucks.

You can also read this thread about self registration

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ibe-noida.html

Thanks
Hdi.
Old 11th October 2009, 12:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

A must read article - much useful for first time car buyers!
Great job indeed.

Thanks
Old 11th October 2009, 12:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Please buy a second hand car, at the cheapest you can find. A reasonably well clattering M800 / Amby should be available @ around 30K, padminis / fiats at around 15K (in Ekm / Cochin / Aluva). Use it for a couple of months. Make sure that it has good engines, tyres and batteries. When you sell it later, you are unlikely to lose much by way of depreciation. And if you have third insurance on the old car, you can total it, and you would lose only 30K (or less).
Driving around the old car will give you some road sense, driving experience and of course, contacts with the neighbourhood workshop mechanics!!! Of course, car dealerships are a bit off the city (in EKM at least), so you will find it easier to shop around for your new car).
It is very disappointing to have a brand new car with dents on it.
I had suggested this option to my family, but was vetoed. Now, THEY are regretting it.
+

You are absolutely correct - it is not wise to drive a new machine just from driving school. Get all kind of learning from a old car-ofcourse there will be some hitting/scratching etc but then you will not worry much about it as in the case of a new car.
Also I doubt whether one will understand much about TD of a new car who has not at all driven any car till that time. Only if you are experienced with cars then only know the difference?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks