Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-133.html)

Hi ,

Can you please pull down all the info you have from this VIN :

WVWH14607FT024057

Its for a friend who has booked his VW Vento TSI.

Thanks.

Dear Wildon,need your help again. A friend of mine booked a Verna yesterday and was given this VIN.
MALCU41ULEM182469.
Pls could you run a check for me. Thanks.

Hi Wildon,

i can decode and get the info about manufacturing date and time but not sure how to decode the engine details.

Can you help me out wit the VIN MAJBXXMRTB6UB8937

Thank You

Hi,

Can somebody please decode the below VIN number.
Claims as a 1983 model W123 300d
WDB12313010301964

Thanks in advance,

Arun.

Hey,

Can I get some help with this VIN urgently please?

Its: WVWH14601ET100693. Its for a VW Vento.

Though I am thinking its a August 2014 make but still need to confirm.

Thanks and appreciate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magikrider (Post 3597379)
Hey,

Can I get some help with this VIN urgently please?

Its: WVWH14601ET100693. Its for a VW Vento.

Though I am thinking its a August 2014 make but still need to confirm.

Thanks and appreciate.

As per my knowledge, here is the breakdown for your given VIN:

W(Germany)
VW(Volkswagen)
H14601(Vehicle Descriptor Section)

H is for August

ET100693(Vehicle Identifier Section)

In this, the tenth digit identifies the vehicle's model year, in your case, its E. Considering 2010 was A, your year is 2014.

So, looks to be August 2014.

Congrats on your new buy and have a happy drive.:thumbs up

Requesting help to decode this VIN : "WVWM14604FT051795"

This is for a Polo GT.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2249679)
Manufacturer: Maruti

VIN Characters: 21 (beginning mostly with MA3...)

I stumbled late on this thread.

1. My Alto's VIN has only 19 characters, beginning with MA3. Anything wrong?
2. As per VIN, it is a June 2008 model (VIN ends with F8) but the dealer has 'arranged' the RC book for me that says August 2008, probably with the help of a rigged invoice. Now that it's almost 6 years old, can I do anything now 'against' the dealer in this regard?:Frustrati

Hi Guys,

Please help decode this VIN for me. Its for a Hyundai i20

MALBM51RLEM048407

Engine no : 245286

From what I understand, for Hyundai, the 10th character represents the year of manufacture. In your case, this is E which is 2014.

The 19th character would represent the month of manufacture, however, I see only 17 characters in the VIN you shared.

Never owned a Hyundai, so don't know, but in case of my WagonR, the last 2 characters of the VIN were suffixed to the chassis # and can be located inside the engine bay. You may want to check if you could find the remaining 2 characters in similar fashion in your car

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoudhury (Post 3601489)
Requesting help to decode this VIN : "WVWM14604FT051795"

This is for a Polo GT.

Cheers

Hi,

This is a December 2014 model. Enjoy mate!:)

P.S.: I see many BHPians posting the queries here directly on VIN. I hope before doing that they are visiting the advice page: http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-...anufacture-vin

I have a maruti 800 of 1993 model with ac. Can I identify from the VIN whether it has factory fitted ac or whether its an after market one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal (Post 3603280)
I have a maruti 800 of 1993 model with ac. Can I identify from the VIN whether it has factory fitted ac or whether its an after market one.

That's like you asking to look at your house and asking to guess your beautiful neighbors age! lol:
Sorry but couldn't help myself on that one! stupid:

By VIN number you can get to know the brand, manufacturing month, year and engine number. apart from that I don't think so there are any other details which you can come to know from the VIN number. Unless you dig some info on the net about the features of the variant you have of Maruti 800 offered in 1993.

WVWM14603FT******
Looks like Dec. 2014 but Model is 2015!

Yay for Polo GT TSI that now waits in the showroom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arungee6 (Post 3596623)
Hi,

Can somebody please decode the below VIN number.
Claims as a 1983 model W123 300d
WDB12313010301964

Thanks in advance,

Arun.

Hello Arun,

Hope Iam not too late , I can not confirm the year but for sure this is Mercedes Benz 300D.

For the rest of the folks who have been looking for me in specific , sorry for the delay as I have not been frequenting the forum from a while.
However Iam active again and I would request you to let me know where ever I can help.

Cheers,
pdma.