Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 00:38   #46
BHPian

After confirming that the set was indeed fresh, I approved it and came back to Elegant. After that, an installer by the name of Javed was assigned to my car and the installation began. It took nearly an hour to take out the middle console, take out the old system, take out the wires, put in the new system, put in new wires, connectors and put the system back on. On playing the system, i came to notice that the left front compnents were not playing and the installation had again been a shoddy one. Everything was done all over again and thank god they got it right the second time. After that, i got my car cleaned up of all the messy wires and sort, locked it and went in the basement to see the amps. After verifying that their seal was still on and they were from Supreme Electronics, Gurgaon, the official suppliers of the Alpine amps, I accepted and paid for them. The amps were as suggested by Gunbeer and Jasdeep. I'll be going in for a complete system overhaul on Sunday ans will post complete pics and details of the same.
Afer paying for the complete set, I asked Ravi to make out the complete bill for the Infinity components and the JBL wires and he was a bit taken aback as if he was surprised that I remembered it. He started dilly-dallying then and told me that as he had given me some kinda discount on the entire setup and to save some duties and taxes, he would put down the price of the JBL wires as Rs.3000 . I knew what he was trying to do, and I wanted the complete fraud to be on paper, i said nothing doing and the price at which he had sold it to me was to be written down. To give him a chance, I again asked him the price for a JBL Kit and he again said Rs.3500. I asked him if he was sure and he said " poore lajpat nagar mein hum hi aise dukaan hai, jinpe aap aankh bandkar bharosa kar sakte hain." Deep down, I had such a sharp feeling of resentment, but I just wanted to get the entire episode over with and then sit down, chalk out a plan and nail them.
While coming up, i saw an aged person sitting and arguing with the dealer upstairs. His story was..... About eight months back, he had bought a pair Fiem horns for his cielo. While taking the horn, the seller had been all mushy-mushy and had given him the ICICI bank's slogan.... "Any problems... hum hai na". Now, one of the horns was not working and he had come to get a replacement all the way from Ghaziabad. And the seller was flatly refusing to have ever entertained him at all and was asking for the warranty card. The person ultimately banged the horn on the desk, walked out to his car, and drove away.
While I was moving out after completing the purchase and getting the bill and warranty card stamped, wonders of wonders, the same room on the left which displayed the Pionner Systems had gotten back the Pioneer 8650 face. If you recall my earlier post, the same was missing and i'm dead sure it had made it's way to my car. I was shell shocked. Alteast they should have let me drive away before putting the face where it always was. They should have that much of shame atleast.
Anyways, that was the last time I was dealing with Elegant Kar, Lajpat Nagar. The entire 10 days since when I had gotten my car done up through them was full of unsatisfaction, agony and a miserable feeling down under. The entire episode had left a very bad taste in my mouth and I am very sure i won't be able to trust such sweet talkers and back stabbers ever.
Guys, please beware of such sellers. They are very sweet talking and disarming when you are interacting with them. But when you least suspect, they will do everything in their power to make a quick buck. They give an absolute damn about your feelings and concern, all they live for is their moolah and profit figues. I am seriously contemplating legal action against them and will approach the consumer forum very soon. Can someone guide me on this. The trouble and harrassment they caused me was beyond comprehension, not to mention their blatant cheating and unethical practices.
Once again guys, please beware of such Frauds and Cheats. Can we start a blacklisting post where we can mention such sellers so that nobody has to suffer what I went through and the entire process of ICEing their cherished ride can be a wonderfully satisfying one.

Last edited by Xtreme Torque : 24th March 2006 at 00:40.
Old 24th March 2006, 00:43   #47
BHPian

Mods, could you please change the topic to something more appropriate to the entire incident so that it acts as a reference and an eye opener.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:19   #48
Team-BHP Support

what's wrong with "ICEed my Optra - Cheated by authorised dealer. Beware!"

also i noticed that his bill does claim he in authorised dealer for JBL. Although this hardly matters. and that on the JBL "bill" he has said it is Cash Memo. On the Alpine bill he has categorically written it is a Bill.

Last edited by navin : 24th March 2006 at 10:21.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:26   #49
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys high time we have "BLACK LISTED OUTLETS" thread ...
Old 24th March 2006, 13:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I notice that you have paid correctly for the 6010cs (9500 is indeed the correct price), but have paid Rs.500/- more on the cable.
Old 24th March 2006, 18:15   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Damn !!! I mean *** ..

Good to hear that u got all the things sorted out XT ..

Sam , navin , Jk and gang good that u guys took up seriously and made sure that justice was done ..

Well about JB and gunman well what can i say ?? Well done boys .. Wish we had such guys everywhere .. Bangy scene is no better either ..
Old 24th March 2006, 18:57   #52
BHPian

Good to hear that you have got the old stuff replaced in peaceful way.

I agree with some members that we should have a kind of list of installers like elegant one.this way we can force at least few of them to change themselves and prevent innocent customers.

Apart from navin/sam/gunbir/JB how many of us knew anything abt ICE when we bought or planned to buy ICE stuff?? not many i believe.

You should consider urself lucky that we have above mentioned guys with us.
Old 24th March 2006, 20:03   #53
k36
BHPian

Thanks XT for sharing all the details with us. This thread will definitely help all of us in dealing with audio/accessories dealers.
Old 24th March 2006, 20:09   #54
BHPian

I think this thread should also go into the dealership review section too.

Better make such horror stories sticky there.
Immense benifit for all concerned.

So, XT how's the story now?
You indeed did choose the best guys for the overhaul part..
Old 24th March 2006, 21:41   #55
BHPian

yeah scaryskull, i did indeed choose the best guys for the job. I am gonna get the complete installation done by sunday. will post up the complete pics and description then. And yeah, i did mess up once trusting thise damn dealers, but i am all the wiser now. And i am pretty sure that this time, my install and system are gonna rock. Quite right aZa, even i want some kind of a blacklisting to be in place so that we can all beware of such notorious dealers.
Old 24th March 2006, 23:42   #56
BHPian

hi,,
this bill will have problem with the sales tax(VAT) department as well,, couse the bill has to have the amount of vat, on the bill,,
regards,,
driven

All seeme to be in place with the amplifiers.

Now for the big surprise.......
The bill for the Infinity Component speakers and the JBL Wiring Kit :

Description follows..........[/quote]

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2006 at 23:52.
Old 24th March 2006, 23:51   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
hi,,
this bill will have problem with the sales tax(VAT) department as well,, couse the bill has to have the amount of vat, on the bill
Yep. Also, any invoice raised in a state where VAT is applicable should have "TAX INVOICE" printed / stamped on it.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2006 at 23:53.
Old 25th March 2006, 00:14   #58
BHPian

gosh aditya and driven. You are right. I just noticed it. Man, i belive that if I/We want, we can really cause a hell lot of problems for Elegant, and force them to mend their ways. How about press/media? For the issue is not just the cheating which happened with me, but the bane and stigma that end number of customers face everyday from this/such shops and the amount of duping that goes on.
Old 25th March 2006, 12:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

How much do the 8650 's cost - and how much is the 9650 - anybody familiar with these two models pls coment on the output too... I am kinda mulling which of these to buy..

Last edited by kb100 : 25th March 2006 at 12:35.
Old 25th March 2006, 22:15   #60
BHPian

The 8650 cost Rs.16,500. The 9650 cost 17,800. But in my opinion, and apart from the grand that you save, the 8650 is better as it's got a bigger and a clearer display. Both are the slide down types and there is no difference at all in their configuration. These two are also different in the respect that they have the Burr Brown converter, which is world famous and which greatly increases your quality of output. More information on them:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks