Webpage for Pioneer 8650:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...etailComponent

Webpage for Pioneer 9650:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...891896,00.html

Hope this helps.
Old 26th March 2006, 00:29   #62
aZa
Senior - BHPian

9650 has a dual slider face ... two motors slid the faces once on opening and one on eject/face down. from what i've heard its prone to problems as one of the two motors might give up.

Plus IMHO 8650's brushed copper look is amazing!

@Xtreme_torque : Now that ur Optra is all ICE'D up bro lets see it ... pixxxxx
Old 26th March 2006, 01:02   #63
BHPian

sure thing aza, as soon as i get it done that is. I am going over for the installation today i.e. Sunday. Had a talk with gunbir yesterday and fixed up the time. He said the installation and all will take uptil late night. But if it'snot too late, i'll post it up today itself, else on monday. I'm really excited today. Man, finally my ride, all dressed up, after so long a wait and so painful an experience.
Old 26th March 2006, 03:41   #64
BHPian

hey XT .. really lookin forward to seein ur ICE pics.. so any1 else wid a bad expereince wid a dealer??, Mumbai ne1?..
Old 26th March 2006, 12:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Really looking forward to seeing those pics of your set-up... Hope you can take some shots of the installation process too!!
Old 26th March 2006, 21:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hey XT,
It's sad that you got treated this way at the store. However this is honestly the first time i have heard any complaint about elegant and I'm gonna ask the right person to chat them up. I suggest that you first try and get out all you can smoothly and cordially from them.
Sam, I had a similar experience at Elegant that I had taken up with your last year in PM. He had basically told me at that time that JBL components were not as good as Boss comps, and had basically sold me Boss components for double the price. It was the same guy Ravi, I remember. However things were sorted out once you spoke with Sachin, and they did give me a replacement of Boss comps with JBL.
Old 27th March 2006, 12:07   #67
Team-BHP Support

I knew I had heard that name somehwere before.
Old 27th March 2006, 14:13   #68
BHPian

[SIZE=2]Ravi..... well if that comes to that, he will have a LOT of explaining to do.[/SIZE]
Old 27th March 2006, 14:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hey XT - Pics pls!!!
Old 27th March 2006, 16:20   #70
Team-BHP Support

Ok, guys I have spent the last few hours digging into this.

this is what i know so far. atleast this is what i know that can be mae public. :-)

a) Most dealers do not try to cheat. They know that customers refer others.
b) Any dealer (in India and abroad) is perfectly within their rights to sell you a demo unit (in-store) usually this if offered at a discount if no other unit of that model is available from stock
c) In India it is our responsibiliy as buyers to ensure we leave with a properly compelte Bill and Warranty. I often accompany my friends only to make sure this obligation is not forgotten. Elegant is not alone in this regard.
Old 27th March 2006, 17:47   #71
BHPian

Sure thing navin, but with all respect..... If you go to a trusted shop like Elegant, and they literally....... Promised me Heaven and Put me through Hell.........
What are you supposed to do? The pioneer as it is, does not come with a bill and warranty, and the ones which do, through autocop, were not the ones I wanted to put in my car. So according to your point (b) The dealer is at fault as he gave me a demo unit, without any discount, mentioning it as new, and charging me the full amount.
According to your point (a) The dealer is at fault as he not only cheated me, but numerous others right in front of me. You will be able to gather that from my posts.
According to your point (c) The dealer is at fault as the system in mention does not come with a bill and warranty, and he conned me using his reputation, and is doing that every single day to unsuspecting customers.
Old 27th March 2006, 19:10   #72
Team-BHP Support

b) the discount is optional. he should have offered it. some dealers do. but he should have told you it was a demo unit. that i agree was a no no.

c) I thought only your HU did not have a B&W. The amps and speakers do. right?

a) believe me i am trying to get to the bottom of this but cant put most of what i do on record. some old foggies (cream, sam, and other too old to use this forum) will know that i do not work in this industry but try to help where i can. I would love to see audio grow up to be a well respected industry instead of always being in the sidelines.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:36   #73
BHPian

yeah navin, the amps and the speakers carry a warranty. The amps carry a 2 year warranty with 1 year insurance. The speakers carry a 1 year warranty.
And forget the discount navin, till the very end, the guy (ravi) was claiming that the head unit was new and had gotten a bit dirty during normal wear and tear. I asked him why only 1 knob was dirty and not the other one....... he was at a loss of words.
Old 27th March 2006, 22:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

Install Pictures

PICTURES
Old 27th March 2006, 23:06   #75
BHPian

sure thing kb 100. just let the install get completed first. the entire thing will be done by thursday and there are a couple of surprises thrown in as well. One thing I must say, Gunbeer, Jasdeep, Patel, Manik and the gang are the set of people who are rare on this planet. Man, their efficiency, dedication and expertise coupled with good old humour are truly outta this world. Do wait till thursday/friday and everything will be there for you to see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks