Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 18:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

OHMIGAWD....

This is serious ELEC-GEEK land!... And JK and Me are all minnows!!... GULP!!

LBM... I give it to you!!! ... You have the passion to back up your interest!

Last edited by kb100 : 5th May 2006 at 18:04.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:10   #47

lbm i saw ur clip. needle s not moving above70-75.if we take average it would be around 60-62.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks kb and meisterstuck I apprecite ur comments.

Man some people have gone out of station or what. no comments are coming.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker

By the way LBM, remember this thread?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tml#post186755

You're more or less drawing the same current that we had deduced there, except that the voltage in the formula is 12, and you are getting peak current draw of about 75A because your battery voltage is 13ish volts.
Old 5th May 2006, 19:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not gone out of station man... just hanging off a cliff

LBM... Without getting into the whole issue of the accuracy of your testing process. We have answers but even I know when to stop beating my head on the wall. Know this... I have already given up on you. To me you are a lost cause living in a fools paradise and as Axl Rose once sang... Live n Let Die
Old 6th May 2006, 00:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

I did not have the patience to read thru all the posts, but figure out this is about what Ga wire to use for an Alpine MRD1005, well 4 Ga is enough, among Commercial brands of Power wires available there is no 2 Ga, there is 4 and there is 0/1 GA, 0/1 Ga is too much for an MRD1005, Though I agree this amp is a burner and is 1 Ohm Stable, but it is not too powerful we are running a Skoda RS with a RF T1001bd, which is a mean *** amp rated at 1000 RMS at 1 Ohm, but as all RF power series amps, they produce at least 40 % more than rated, the test sheet says 1410 RMS @14.4 V, well.
U need not be a Genius to know this, but If the Ga of wire is not fit for your amp, it will start heating Unusually.
The RFT10001bd we have is running on Monster 4 Ga cable which is enough for extensive use, but if one is looking at SPL compettition, then 0/1Ga is needed for this coil burner, and the shorter the length of wire, the less is the signal/power loss.
Even My Zen is running a Rated 1100 RMS @ 2Ohms, RF Type RF X6.A amp, on 4 Ga, Stinger wiring.
In Short, I have sold MRD1005s and they dont need any more thicker than 4Ga, but dont use some regular Boss cables, use Either Stinger, Streetwires or If u wanna spend more, MONSTER Cable will rock or Stinger Expert Series, but in that case for about 15 Feet your wires itself will cost 6500 RS for Monster and 7500 RS for Stinger Expert.
Old 6th May 2006, 10:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
By DMM I think u mean digital multi meter . I dont have one

come on LBM.....even i have one multimeter though its chinese one.Infact its 2nd one as i damaged the 1st one measuring voltage output from amp.

You know so much about load/wattage/volts and u should be having one nice piece of DMM.
Old 6th May 2006, 11:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

I have one but it is a chinese one
I am searching for a good dmm . Will let u know when I have one please tell me any model which u know. I will definatily look on it
Old 6th May 2006, 11:53   #54
BHPian

Blueraven,

There is one simple thing to keep in mind. When you have lot of amplifiers to feed you have to get power from the battery in a thicker wire to a common point and then distribute using a distribution block to the amplifiers by wires which fits the amp.

Like in home the power comes from the feeder in a thick cable to the MCB board from there it is distributed to various rooms and appliances using thinner cables. No one pulls multiple cables from the feeder to each room or appliance.

In DC (due to constant power flow) you need the thicker power cable when you have heavier load over the distance and the need for thicker cable increases with the increase in distance or load.

You cannot use the multiple power cables straight from the battery to multiple amplifiers. Its a wrong way of installation. Correct way is to use a thicker cable and proper power distribution blocks.

Explaination of the subject cannot go simpler than this. Its all about ability to understand.

Last edited by Autophile : 6th May 2006 at 12:06.
Old 6th May 2006, 12:15   #55

LBM nice clip,your avg is nuthin more than 75 at 25 vol. but i guess it will never go over 85 or 90 even if u pump yo volume over 35.keepin the same settings of yo amp and equlizer
BOOM!
Old 6th May 2006, 12:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Welcome

Hmm... lot of new folks popping up outa nowhere who even know what max volume the Alpine H701 goes up to... And their very first posts are in this thread... Lemme guess, founder members of the "Support LBM" club.
Old 6th May 2006, 13:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hmm... lot of new folks popping up outa nowhere who even know what max volume the Alpine H701 goes up to... And their very first posts are in this thread... Lemme guess, founder members of the "Support LBM" club.
GUNBIRrrrr.......

Conspiracy theories abound!?!... LOL

Last edited by kb100 : 6th May 2006 at 13:05.
Old 6th May 2006, 13:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
GUNBIRrrrr.......

Conspiracy theories abound!?!... LOL
Nah man... Im really sick of this... See the Poll thread...
Old 6th May 2006, 14:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Blueraven,

You cannot use the multiple power cables straight from the battery to multiple amplifiers. Its a wrong way of installation. Correct way is to use a thicker cable and proper power distribution blocks.

Explaination of the subject cannot go simpler than this. Its all about ability to understand.
Did I even talk about multiple cables ?? I spoke about the Gauge,
Even in my car the two amps, are hooked up with one wire coming in from Battery to a T Dtistribution Block, not a Fused one, and then two separate fuse holders one ANL 250 amps and other AGU 80 amps.
Old 6th May 2006, 16:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir beware! I think the LBM Bachao Andolan has officially been launched. Prepare yourself for dharnas and protests outside your office!

Quote:
Did I even talk about multiple cables ?? I spoke about the Gauge,
Even in my car the two amps, are hooked up with one wire coming in from Battery to a T Dtistribution Block, not a Fused one, and then two separate fuse holders one ANL 250 amps and other AGU 80 amps.
That means that your RF amp effectively needs lesser than a 4-ga cable to operate at it's full rated power because you are tapping the same power line to supply another amplifier (for your speakers I presume). Not bad!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks