Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 03:03   #1531
BHPian

Final Setup

Hi DerAlte and LBM,

I have decided on the following setup, please let me know how to connect and which is better.

Amp : JBL GT A640 (6K expecting)
Sub : JBL CS1204B (Sealed Box - 8K) would like to get from JBL rediff(Such that I can take it in installaments. Budget Screwing )
Or should I look for JBL GTO 1204BR (Bass Reflex I don't know the price) if I am going with the Installaments scheme. And what I will gain if I am not interested in listening to heavy bass.

Then cables from Supra Cables and Neutrik connectors from Sweden, Should be able to find the cost.

Can I use the stock cables provided in the Swift for the front compos when connected to the Amp. I am planning to use these cables, since I wouldn't have to cut and remove the stock cables. I connect the amp output at the back of HU where stock cables are terminated.

The setup is I would like to drive the front comps from one channel, and then other one connect to the Sub. I am not sure about the power that will be drawn by the sub. I know we will never reach the max of 250 Watt as I think amp will limit it to max of 160 Watt.

Please suggest the setup if you have. Waiting for your setup guidance and suggestions
Old 21st May 2008, 10:23   #1532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Sub : JBL CS1204B (Sealed Box - 8K)
Or should I look for JBL GTO 1204BR
the ported box will need less power for the same SPL but might be a bit bommier than the sealed box sub. if you like tight bass and dont need the SPL get the sealed box sub.
Old 26th May 2008, 01:00   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, that sounds like the Boss cables available in India. Sommer, Supra, Neutrik etc. will not come as a set, but as individual cables and components that have to be joined together to make RCA cables. If not available in MediaMarkt, ask them where you can get them in Stockholm.

Power cable can be any of the well known Indian brands - Finolex, Havell, L&T etc. Will cost only a couple of hundred INR.
It seems that the Neutrik connectors for very professional purpose. I was browsing through the countless number of electronic brochures and I came across these connectors. The RCA gold plated connectors are priced arount 239 Kroners (4 no) and if I want to go for the 3 RCA pair cables that is for front,rear and sub woofer channels then they would cost me around (239*3) = 717 Kroners (5019 Rupees) only for connectors and then I don't know about the Supra cables. The combination would cost me around 10k only for RCA, Power and Speacker cables. I suppose instead of spending so much I can go for a second amp which can drive my sub. And Since I have some extra budget now, I am planning to go for two subs now instead of one so the following JBL configuration.

JBL GT5 A604 which drives the front comps and read coaxials and then
JBL GT5 A3001 mono block to drive my JBL CS1204B (Sealed). So please let me know what would be the impact of my cars electricals. Please suggest me as my budget has gone to 15k for boxed subs+2 Amps and then extra 3 to 4k for the cables.

SAM please suggest me on the setup. Waiting for the response.
Old 26th May 2008, 05:06   #1534

swift speaker size

Hello guys, dont kill me if i'm wrong . Fixed my mind on getting a swift vdi/wabs. I wanted to know the size of the speaker compatible with the swift vdi. I tried searching the forum but could not find any clear answers. I want a proper answer as i would be sourcing my ice from the uae, and i wouldnt be able to replace them if they dont fit. So guys i need your inputs on this and also the H.U do they come in a universal size......... Thanks.

By the way i have zeroed in on

H.U- Pioneer DEH P6050ub- with 3 RCA pre outs, so dnt hav to get an amp
Speakers- Pioneer TS A1682s 280w Co Axials
Sub- Pioneew 900w free air flow type.

Any suggestions on the above????
Old 26th May 2008, 10:18   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanification View Post
Hello guys, dont kill me if i'm wrong ...

H.U- Pioneer DEH P6050ub- with 3 RCA pre outs, so dnt hav to get an amp
Speakers- Pioneer TS A1682s ...
OK, OK, we won't kill you - but stop flogging the horse, it is already dead!

The Pio HU is OK, the speakers NOT! You don't want an amp, but then how do you intend to drive the sub??? The HU won't drive it.

The Swift takes 6.25" speakers, but do check again - apparently in the DZire they have changed it to 5.25", so one is not sure if they haven't done the same in the Swift.

Go for a pair of JBL, Illusion, Hertz or Blaupunkt components in the front, and a pair of coaxials for the rear doors. This should cost you about 8K with b&w. Alternatively, you could think of 6x9 oval coaxials on a plank in place of the parcel shelf - to get decent bass. Since you are in Kochi, you have plenty of TBHPians there who can show you the way to good sound.

Go step-by-step if you have budget limitations, but don't compromise on good sound for the sake of limiting it.
Old 26th May 2008, 11:47   #1536
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
only for connectors and then I don't know about the Supra cables.

JBL GT5 A604 which drives the front comps and read coaxials and then
JBL GT5 A3001 mono block to drive my JBL CS1204B (Sealed). So please let me know what would be the impact of my cars electricals.
If you find Neutrik and Supra (about Rs. 600/meter) expensive look for Sommer cables and MX's gold plated plugs.

Quote:
The Swift takes 6.25" speakers
The standard sizes are 5.25" or 6.5". I have not seen the new Swift but I think it retains the same speaker sizes as the old Swift (6.5").
Old 26th May 2008, 20:05   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Dont know if this is the right thread to post this but im having a wierd problem with my system in my Swift. Im using a Pioneer DEH-P6950IB head unit and have connected my iPod video to it. It plays absolutely fine and this head unit has the provision to display the playlists and songs etc just as it appears on the iPod so one can select the tracks from the headunit itself. it also charges the iPod once connected.

However, ive come across a wierd problem; there is an 'Error-11' that displayed on the screen of the headunit. The iPod is totally blank and does not switch on or gets charged either. I gave the iPod for repairs but the technician told me that there was no problem and it worked fine after that in my car too. But today i came across the problem again.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
Old 26th May 2008, 20:13   #1538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi guys,

Dont know if this is the right thread to post this but im having a wierd problem with my system in my Swift. Im using a Pioneer DEH-P6950IB head unit and have connected my iPod video to it. It plays absolutely fine and this head unit has the provision to display the playlists and songs etc just as it appears on the iPod so one can select the tracks from the headunit itself. it also charges the iPod once connected.

However, ive come across a wierd problem; there is an 'Error-11' that displayed on the screen of the headunit. The iPod is totally blank and does not switch on or gets charged either. I gave the iPod for repairs but the technician told me that there was no problem and it worked fine after that in my car too. But today i came across the problem again.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Hi guys,

Just had to reset my iPod and its working perfectly ok. By the way ive also noticed that this 'Error-11' occurs usually when the system is played immediately after the car is left parked in the sun and when there is alot of heat built up in the car.

Guess ive solved my own problem

However, do let me know if any of you guys are facing a similar issue.
Old 26th May 2008, 23:22   #1539

thnx

hey deralte thnx for the reply. yea as you said maybe i could do it step by step
Old 26th May 2008, 23:31   #1540

Quote:
The Pio HU is OK, the speakers NOT! You don't want an amp, but then how do you intend to drive the sub??? The HU won't drive it.

But then i found this on the pioneer website. It was given in the features section of the HU. "[SIZE=1]3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer)" . So does that mean the HU can drive the subwoofer. Correct me if i am wrong.[/SIZE]
Old 27th May 2008, 10:46   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
... there is an 'Error-11' that displayed on the screen of the headunit. The iPod is totally blank and does not switch on or gets charged either. ...
Error 11 is vexing summation of a lot of problem possibilities, all related to the fact that the D/A converter did not successfully get a stream of bytes. The problems can be electrical or mechanical.

In this case, looks like there was a loose connection either at the iPod end or the HU end. Since the connection was loose, the iPod did not charge, AND the control electronics in the HU infer after sometime that there is no signal coming from the source (CD or AUX-IN or iPod).

Check the seating of the connectors at the HU and iPod ends.
Old 27th May 2008, 10:55   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanification View Post
But then i found this on the pioneer website. It was given in the features section of the HU. "3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer)" . So does that mean the HU can drive the subwoofer. Correct me if i am wrong.
That, dear @sanification, is the low-power signal tailored for the sub system (the frequency range of this signal is limited to the low-frequencies by the HU). But, this does not mean "driving the sub". For that, this signal is supposed to be amplified by an external amp to generate enough power for driving the sub.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:27   #1543
BHPian

Hello gurus....I have the following setup in my swift.Iam not satisfied with the sound output from these.Can anyone help me out as of what changes has to be done to make it sound better.Even though i have the subwoofer iam not getting that punch.Please help...

Head unit-Pioneer FH-P5000MP
*MOSFET 50WX4,
*10 COLOR CHANGEABLE DISPLAY,
*DSP, CD/CASSETTE RECEIVER,
*ASL,
*AUTO SLIDE.

Rear Speakers-Pioneer TS A6991S
* 5-Way Configuration
* 460 Watts Max. Power Handling
* 80 Watts Nominal Rating
* Blue, Interlaced Aramid Fibre Reinforced IMPP Cone Woofer

Amplifier-Pioneer GM4000F(300 RMS)

Sub woofer-Jbl 1202d
*Power Handling, RMS 300 Watts
*Power Handling, Peak 1200 Watts
*Sensitivity 93dB
*Impedance 1 or 4 Ohms depending on wiring
*Mounting Depth 5-1/16"
*Cut-Out Diameter 11-3/16"

Front components-Jbl 506 ce (which iam planning to change since the 1 tweeter and 1 mid woofer have conked.)
Old 28th May 2008, 12:11   #1544
BHPian

Wow!!! 100th Page. The Swift sings along.
Old 28th May 2008, 15:22   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjacob View Post
...I have the following setup in my swift.Iam not satisfied with the sound output from these. ...
* How are the various things connected in your car? Assuming that 2 channels of the Pio amp are connected to the subwoofer, are the ovals connected to the other 2 channels or the front components?
* How was that pair of components damaged?
* Swift takes 6.5" components. Why did you put 5.25" components in front?

There are some excellent ICE installations in the cars of Kochi TBHP members. Connect with them and listen to their setups - this will give you an idea what your system lacks. Once you do that, you can decide what should be replaced for getting the sound that you want.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks