Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2006, 07:38   #31

hi guys

just got a swift vxi. wanna ice it. budget about 15 K

thinking about a compo set with a cd HU

i already have a sony 444 4 channel amp.

will one component set be enough?
Old 25th June 2006, 13:38   #32
BHPian

I recently found a couple of amps lying around (brothers old stuff.. i guess they're about 10 yrs old), a Sony EXM702 and a Sony EXM302. Are they too old and obsolete?

Currently I've got a Pioneer MP5000 head unit, and some not so great Sony Xplod speakers (the rear ones are XS-Gt6937X's, and I have no idea what's in the front doors). The sound right now isnt that great, so could anybody reccomend some new speakers? Especially something that would fit into those front doors of the Swift.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th June 2006, 13:21   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

This is The End. My only friend, the end.

Hi!
Amps don't get obsolete and if those amps are working, no reason not to use them.
Throw your speakers first. In the front, you can fit a nice 6" 2 way component set.
For the rear, you can use a 6" coaxial speaker in the rear door. Buy a pre-boxed or a tube subwoofer. Amplify all your speakers.

it will sound great. Expect to spend about 5-6Kon the front, 2-3 K on the rear and about 6.5-8.5K on the sub.
Old 26th June 2006, 16:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

and 2k on good cables/amp kit.
Old 1st July 2006, 02:02   #35
BHPian

Thanks Sam and jk.. you guys look like u know ur car hi-fi well. (the mention of the cables gave it away... most people overlook that)

can i have some suggestions for the front speakers? i'll trade in those terrible sonys for pioneer/alpine/something better. i've always found it bizzare that in all cars the rear spekers are better than the fronts.. and you're usually sitting in front. so yeah.. good fronts are absolutely necessary.

also, any suggestions for a bass tube / boxed sub? i dont want powerful thumping beats.. i'm more interested in a nice rounded sound.
Old 1st July 2006, 02:10   #36
BHPian

sam i just went thru the birthday head unit thread.. glad to hear that you're still after being appropriately thanked for your efforts.

For next year, may i suggest Nakamichi?
Old 1st July 2006, 07:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

A 6inch compo at teh frnt. And a boxed sub.
Old 2nd July 2006, 05:40   #38

hi guys. after some reading around on this site and getting some idea about ICE...i got a system installed in my swift

what i got...
1. pioneer 5850 (11.7 K)
2. jbl 607 compos in the front(6.3k)
3. pio 6990 in the rear parcel(already had these)
4. sony 444 4 channel amp (already had this)
5. some quality rca cabling (forgot the brand) cost 1.5 K

the HU and compos are with B&W. got this done at elegent lajpat nagar

the whole unit sounds really nice. the only thing bothering me is the front door panel rattles a bit at high volumes. the compo woofers are been installed properly. but still the rattles bother me
so what do i need here now? dynamat? will that make any difference?where can i get that done in NCR? and whats the cost?
Old 2nd July 2006, 10:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu22
hi guys. after some reading around on this site and getting some idea about ICE...i got a system installed in my swift

what i got...
1. pioneer 5850 (11.7 K)
2. jbl 607 compos in the front(6.3k)
3. pio 6990 in the rear parcel(already had these)
4. sony 444 4 channel amp (already had this)
5. some quality rca cabling (forgot the brand) cost 1.5 K

the HU and compos are with B&W. got this done at elegent lajpat nagar

the whole unit sounds really nice. the only thing bothering me is the front door panel rattles a bit at high volumes. the compo woofers are been installed properly. but still the rattles bother me
so what do i need here now? dynamat? will that make any difference?where can i get that done in NCR? and whats the cost?
Please check if the speakers have been installed well and I guess the installer needs to tune the amplifier well. If all these have been done well then the last you need to do is to get some dampaning mats installed. I strongly feel the gain on the amplifier is very high or the crossover would have been on the Full range mode.
Old 3rd July 2006, 12:55   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the only thing bothering me is the front door panel rattles a bit at high volumes. the compo woofers are been installed properly. but still the rattles bother me
Anshu, HI!

Strange that you got your set installed in Delhi. Your profile says Bangalore.

Anyways, Please put the HPF on at your amplifier end. And set the frequency at about 80-90 Hz.
Also like Kureti said, get some damping done. I do know where you can get wurth in delhi. Or a nice option is to get some AZcomp damping. PM Gunbir he can guide you.
Please first, put the HPF on for the front components and let us know.
Cheers
Old 7th July 2006, 03:36   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Anshu, HI!

Strange that you got your set installed in Delhi. Your profile says Bangalore.

Anyways, Please put the HPF on at your amplifier end. And set the frequency at about 80-90 Hz.
Also like Kureti said, get some damping done. I do know where you can get wurth in delhi. Or a nice option is to get some AZcomp damping. PM Gunbir he can guide you.
Please first, put the HPF on for the front components and let us know.
Cheers
hey sam. thanks for replying

yeah i forgot to update my profile. i moved back to noida a couple of months back.

now the 4 channel amp is powering the pioneer 6990 coaxials in the rear and the jbl comps in the front.
i see the sony 444 amp has toggle switches for both hpf and lpf.

when the guy installed the whole thing he did tune the amp listening to various settings.

wont using the hpf just channel the bass all around? with suppressed high and mid ranges?

and how do i put the hpf on for just the compos?

and where in delhi do i get the damping material? hopefully not too expensive.
Old 7th July 2006, 07:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now the 4 channel amp is powering the pioneer 6990 coaxials in the rear and the jbl comps in the front.
i see the sony 444 amp has toggle switches for both hpf and lpf.

wont using the hpf just channel the bass all around? with suppressed high and mid ranges?

So
and how do i put the hpf on for just the compos?

When the HPF is set to 80Hz, only the frequencies above it is allowed to the speakers. In you rcase, your amp being a four channel has seperate HPF/LPF for the front/ rear outs and hence turn the HPF on for the front compos. Leave the LPF off for the rear( Seems your amp has a LPF with 80Hz, a useful thing if you gonna drive a sub in future ).

The idea is, use HPF, to stop low bass from reaching the compo. Low bass is supposed for subs.

Enjoy the music.

Last edited by jkdas : 7th July 2006 at 07:30.
Old 7th July 2006, 13:36   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can call Sachin at 9811106950 for Wurth.
You can PM Gunbir to find out the nearest AZ comp dealer to you in Delhi.
Old 8th July 2006, 14:04   #44
BHPian

Sam, you've repeatedly suggested the following config for the swift

JBL GTO606CE components for the front (around 6k?)
JBL GTO636 co-axials for the rear (4.5k?)

But I think I'd prefer Infinity cuz I listen to a lot of jazz, folk rock and downtempo trip-hop. Any suggestions for component speakers for the front (6 inch) and 6x9 coaxials for the rear (the dealer's already made holes in the parcel tray, so might as well use them)?
Old 8th July 2006, 14:07   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Sam, you've repeatedly suggested the following config for the swift

JBL GTO606CE components for the front (around 6k?)
JBL GTO636 co-axials for the rear (4.5k?)

But I think I'd prefer Infinity cuz I listen to a lot of jazz, folk rock and downtempo trip-hop. Any suggestions for component speakers for the front (6 inch) and 6x9 coaxials for the rear (the dealer's already made holes in the parcel tray, so might as well use them)?
Well Infinity has 2 basic series in India, the reference and the kappa. The reference is well priced and has the same typical infinity philosophy.
And yes, for Jazz and folk rock I'd go for those too.
Equivalent to 606ce is Ref6010cs
Equivalent to 636e is Ref6012i

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks