Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2006, 18:11   #46
BHPian

Sorry to keep bugging you Sam, but I've asked around (bass.com and a few places at milan subway) for Infinity speakers and they dont have any. Any idea where in Mumbai I can find Infinity?
Old 16th July 2006, 22:53   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Sorry to keep bugging you Sam, but I've asked around (bass.com and a few places at milan subway) for Infinity speakers and they dont have any. Any idea where in Mumbai I can find Infinity?
huh? who did you ask at Milan. I think I have seen them at atleast 2 shops there.
Old 20th July 2006, 13:21   #48
BHPian

I am planning for Sub woofers for my swift, planning to go with JBL any other sub and its cost pls.....

Pls give me contact #'s of Sound Factor & TMC.

Cheers,
raps
Old 20th July 2006, 13:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd

Call Firoz 9819850106 - he can help you locate a dealer.
Old 27th July 2006, 13:23   #50
BHPian

Pls help me out in adding Sub to my swift.

My budget is around 8k.

what i got...
Pioneer 5850
Pioneer front speakers
Pio 6990 in the rear parcel
Sony XM-504Z 4 channel amp driving front and rear speakers.

Now I am planning to install JBL Sub (900W)and also mono block amp powering the Sub.

Pls help me out to decide abt twhich mono block should I go for and also the Sub. Will I be able to install both in the above said budget.

Expecting your Inputs.

Thanks,
Raps
Old 27th July 2006, 13:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps
Pls help me out in adding Sub to my swift.

My budget is around 8k.

Now I am planning to install JBL Sub (900W)and also mono block amp powering the Sub.

Pls help me out to decide abt twhich mono block should I go for and also the Sub. Will I be able to install both in the above said budget.
A Monoblock in that budget would not be possible. I don't know what model JBL you are considering but I guess that will cost you atleast 4k + Box + Install. After that you are not left with any money for an amp.

For 8k you can get a Sony 502 amp for about 3.5k, a PIO 306 sub for about 3.5K & the rest for box & install.

Last edited by iraghava : 27th July 2006 at 13:36.
Old 27th July 2006, 14:16   #52
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Ishan how bout a Sony Xplod XM-SD51X i think this is the cheapest monobloc

Old 27th July 2006, 14:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Ishan how bout a Sony Xplod XM-SD51X i think this is the cheapest monobloc

Yup but it's still around 12k B&W which is more than half his complete budget!
Old 27th July 2006, 15:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

SD51 seems to be a nice product. @ 12k is looks good. But at 13-14k we haev JBL mono GTO301.1 and teh CS300.1 @ 10k or so.

and some Pio and Alpine in teh same range I guess.
Old 27th July 2006, 15:26   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
SD51 seems to be a nice product. @ 12k is looks good. But at 13-14k we haev JBL mono GTO301.1 and teh CS300.1 @ 10k or so.

ALPINEs in that range??? Grey????
Old 27th July 2006, 15:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
ALPINEs in that range??? Grey????
yah. read it in soem post.

or was it 18k?
Old 27th July 2006, 15:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

JK - The mono we are discussing is for a guy who's total budget is 8k including the woofer!! I don't think he needs the SD51

P.S. And he certainly doesn't need Alpines

Last edited by iraghava : 27th July 2006 at 15:46.
Old 28th July 2006, 19:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

More swift ice!

First of all,we booked an azure grey swift last night yaay!! Now i need help on its ice.My budget for audio is around 8k and that should include (all pioneer)ovals at the back,round speakers in the front doors,a sub and an amp.I know that sounds like too much for 8k but i want it like that.I dont mind compromising on anything like going in for a fake amp or something..coz this setup is just for listening to stuff like trance,rap,hip hop and occasionally radio.I already have a pioneer hu(deh 5850mp) and that will mostly be connected to an ipod.
What speakers i had is mind were:
Pio TS-A6971E for the rear (350W)
Pio TS-A1681S for the front(260W)
will mostly be getting these from Dubai(Unless otherwise)
Now coming to the sub and amp;
I need a decent pio sub,a small one actually because i want it to fit in the parcel tray(absolutely need the boot space).Anyway this should have good punch which sounds decent at low volume.
Lastly the amp ;this is one thing i know wont fit into my budget and thats why at the beginning of this post i said that i didn't mind a fake one.
All in all we need a system that sounds clean at low volume and good when pumped up.When it comes to ice im the ultimate noob so please dont make me go in for something amazing that i wont appreciate.
Help me ............

binz

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2007 at 22:58. Reason: extra smileys removed
Old 28th July 2006, 22:11   #59
BHPian

you will get fake alpines here in delhi for like 2 k, and if you hunt down some shops u might even find a second hand sony in that price the 504.
Old 29th July 2006, 07:32   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
I know that sounds like too much for 8k but i want it like that.I dont mind compromising on anything like going in for a fake amp or something..coz this setup is just for listening to stuff like trance,rap,hip hop and occasionally radio.I already have a pioneer hu(deh 5850mp) and that will mostly be connected to an ipod.
What speakers i had is mind were:
Pio TS-A6971E for the rear (350W)
Pio TS-A1681S for the front(260W)
will mostly be getting these from Dubai(Unless otherwise)
Now coming to the sub and amp;
I need a decent pio sub,a small one actually because i want it to fit in the parcel tray(absolutely need the boot space).Anyway this should have good punch which sounds decent at low volume.
Lastly the amp ;this is one thing i know wont fit into my budget and thats why at the beginning of this post i said that i didn't mind a fake one.
All in all we need a system that sounds clean at low volume and good when pumped up.When it comes to ice im the ultimate noob so please dont make me go in for something amazing that i wont appreciate.
Help me ............

binz
Nice to see this.
Well said. Some do like fakes. I used to, before. When a person is craving for only punch and BASS in ICE then any fake alpines available these days will make him happy like hell because it can make a Pioneer SUB move like ..... yes, like morning push-ups.
So Mr. Binz, Dont be ashamed of what you want and go ahead with your choice. Just make sure the fakes you get wont burn the car down!! And plug in and test as many different fakes you can and take the one which suits you more. Because each fake amp has a different character and sound!!

But when it comes to recommending ICE, I dont think it's not fair to recommend a fake one. Simply because it's a fake and humanity hates fakes! Whether it's an amp or an orgazm, we hate it. And another reason is that the fakes have very poor build quality and comes with absolutely no guarantee whatsoever. And no fakes in the world can offer you good tonal quality.

And one more word; All the people who start off with a fake will mature to better stuff one day. We expect the same for you Mr. Binz!!!
So go on!!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2007 at 22:59. Reason: quoted post edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks