Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 13:38   #286
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP, thelastride!

Are you sure of the model no. of the Pio HU? Is it a 4850?

You definitely need speakers in front. It is a good thing you're planning for Comps.

For 15K, you can get a JBLCS2165c (5K) or a Hertz DSK165 (6K I think) and a JBL CS60.4 amp (4ch amp, 8K). There are also Pio 4ch amps available for about the same price. You'll also need to spend about 4K on power wiring & RCA interconnects.

Next you can probably think of a Sub (10" or 12"). You can run the sub and the front comps off the amp and the rears off the HU.

Then you can get an amp for the sub (a 2-ch or a monoblock), and then power front and rear speakers from the 4ch amp, and the sub from the 2-ch/mono amp.

Somewhere in between you must change your rear speakers to the same brand and series as the front comps. The Sonys in the back are not exactly the best sounding speakers :-)
Old 13th January 2007, 14:02   #287

Thanks for the reply , the HU is actually the Pio 4750 mistyped it last time around , is the HU any good or should i go in for a compete system overhaul now

Thanks for the reply hydrashok , its actually the Pio 4750 mistyped it last time , is the HU any good or should i probably do a complete system overhaul now , guess for now could change the rear speakers in addition to adding the front comps and the 4 channel amp

Last edited by Samurai : 13th January 2007 at 16:22.
Old 15th January 2007, 21:33   #288
BHPian

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

Hi peeps.

This was taken delivery of late last night. Vxi with 26 km's on the odo.

The car was delivered with a Pioneer hu - deh 3790mp & a pair of .2 mm fronts i guess...

has anyone used/reviewed the 3790. apparently, its a 4 channel high-power wma/mp3 unit.

So, with a budget of 12-15k alongwith a pair of well run-in Pioneer 6990 6x9''s, i seek your opinion. thy humble install shalt take place this coming sunday, that gives thee almost 6 days to suggest and re-suggest.

cheers to 1 and all

revhard

p.s.:
1. car is basically for mom and;
2 It will be used by me on the all the roadtrips henceforth. permission granted on day1 by momsie

p.p.s: keep in mind the 2nd point mentioned above (hehehehehahahahahahhooooooooooooooowoooooooohoooo ooooooooooo)
Old 15th January 2007, 23:28   #289
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hey congratulations anuj!!!!
Old 16th January 2007, 10:09   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
So, with a budget of 12-15k alongwith a pair of well run-in Pioneer 6990 6x9''s
You got an HU and a pair of 6x9 for the rear. I'd spend the 15K on a 4ch. amp and a pair of components for the front.

just an example:
4 ch. amp for 7K
6" components for 6K
2 pair RCA wires 2K

you have 2 options. set up the amp to drive the front speakers i bridge mode and let the HU drive the rears or use the amp in 4 ch. mode.
Old 16th January 2007, 19:34   #291
BHPian

thank you aza and thanks for your reply navin sir.

i know from the looks of it the pioneer 3790 is pretty much a basic model. still as per the pio website DEH-3790MP there is bmx & eeq.

However, i couldnt find any button to activate/deactivate these 2 features. help me out on this 1.

w.r.t the combination given by navin sir, please recommend model no.s in pioneer/jbl ONLY keeping the budget in mind.

cheers

revhard
Old 16th January 2007, 19:58   #292
BHPian

Quote:

However, i couldnt find any button to activate/deactivate these 2 features. help me out on this 1.

hi rev..
EEQ can be activetedd\de-activated by pressing the button for 2 sec i guess...
Nd bmx...should be in the audio menu...
Old 16th January 2007, 19:58   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i know from the looks of it the pioneer 3790 is pretty much a basic model. still as per the pio website DEH-3790MP there is bmx & eeq.

w.r.t the combination given by navin sir, please recommend model no.s in pioneer/jbl ONLY keeping the budget in mind.
How many names do these Pioneer guys come up with for EQs?

Anyway, BMX can be activated by going into the function menu and then fiddling with the up/ down or left/ right button (not sure which exactly) when you see COMP on the display. I'm not very sure though. And I have no clue which of their equalizer menus they call EEQ.

Since the choice is between JBL and Pioneer: Pioneer comps are hard to come by, so JBL 6.5" at about 6k it is, I guess, and Pioneer 6200 amp for about 7k in grey market. 2k for amp wiring kit. Total 15k.
Old 17th January 2007, 10:07   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
since you are pre disposed to Pioneer and JBL I would consider the Pio 6100 amp and the JBL 607 components. Please note that the Swift does not have pods for component tweeter so the options you have are a flush mount in the door or A pillar (requires cutting) or a surface mount on the dash (which in my opinion loks ugly and can be displaced by an over zealous car cleaner).

The other option is to get Coaxials like the JBL 637 bearing in mind that they might not sound as refined as the components.

Audison makes some nice wire that sells for 1K per pair. Monster Interlnk jr. is about 1200-1400 per pair but beware of fakes I am seeing a lot of fake Monster in India.
Old 17th January 2007, 23:06   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Aah, compos are the best bet for the fronts. Yes, you know that. Regarding cutting and pasting vaghera... There won't be much of that in Swift for 6.5" compos. A good installer will be able to make it look very neat and sound nice too.

It can't make very good as front soundstage. Even a type R coaxial won't suffice.

As you have JBL 637 in the rear, the best blend would be to get 607 compos. They are a bit trebly, but will match good with 637s,
you're right about the cutting bit but i'd prefer to avoid any cutting for the time being. maybe in the future.....
the Alpine's are out of consideration currently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
His next upgrade wil be a Pio 6100 or JBL 60.4 driving a pair of Blaupunkt 6.5" tube woofers in the trunk. These subs are not really subwoofers but will add some bottom end to the exisitng bass.

The woofers are smalle enough to be tucked into either side of the swift's trunk and light enough that even my FIL can remove them if he feels the need. I expect to use WBT XLRs so they can be conncted and disconnected quickly (I happen to have 2 XLRs and the woofers in my "garbage dump").
that sounds like a good option!! i didn't know the tube woofers were available still.
regarding the amplifier - is there space under the front seats to install one or will that be in the truck too?
WBT mentions that they don't make XLR connectors....?! but you already have them so you don't need to worry about that
Old 18th January 2007, 00:06   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
that sounds like a good option!! i didn't know the tube woofers were available still.
regarding the amplifier - is there space under the front seats to install one or will that be in the truck too?
WBT mentions that they don't make XLR connectors....?! but you already have them so you don't need to worry about that
they woofers are not available i have a pair that he can use they used to be used in my car before i built my sub.

i dont like amps under car seats, it will go in the back too

you are righ WBT does not make XLRs, the XLRs I have must be from another brand (Furutech?) they are definitely not Neutrik, I still have to dig them up and check.
Old 18th January 2007, 09:11   #297
BHPian

For sub woofer enclosures / speakers the Speakon connectors are used. However both speakon and XLR connectors by Neutrik are easily available.

XLR's are used for balanced signal level connections.

Don't bother with such high end brands like WBT for car audio. Will not really make any difference until and unless you have high end system and cables.
Old 18th January 2007, 11:54   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
XLR's are used for balanced signal level connections.

Don't bother with such high end brands like WBT for car audio. Will not really make any difference until and unless you have high end system and cables.

I agree. However I like XLR as it locks in place (atleast the ones I have do) and have a more soild feel than RCA. An WBTs ae overkill but remember JB i dont buy much I just troll my garbage bin or that of various "friends". It has gotten so that some friends know that if I am visiting them it is for a good cuppa coffee and to peek into their garbage bins. I fond a nice pair of OPTs a few days back perfect for an EL84PP...now I need to find some tubes! ha ha ha.
Old 18th January 2007, 12:51   #299
BHPian

The speakon's are also lockable. But the applications of speakon and XLR are vastly different.
Old 26th January 2007, 14:25   #300
BHPian

Hi Guru's,

I will be getting my new Swift on monday 29th Jan. I was looking for the forum where people can suggest me a good ICE in the range of 15K. I am not a Bhoom Bhoom kind of guy, so you can understand that I don't need the amp and sub woofer. But the music should clear and crisp. I hear to classics of Hindi cinema (KK, Mohd.Rafi, Mukesh, Lata) and Ghazals (Pankaj, Jagjit and Hariharan kind) and some times classical and rock english.

I was planning for a HU from Kenwood (Because I have one 10CD changer) or Pioneer. I am looking for Pioneer 4850, 3950 for the HU and want to install the JBL speakers 6" on all four doors. Please suggest me whether the configuration is good one or I can have some alternatives for the same price. I think I should be able to get JBL GT series speakers for 4k per pair. I don't know the speaker model numbers, can any one please suggest me.

So you have the time till monday. Please respond :-)

Moderators.....Please help ;-)

Thanks in Advance,

Rajneesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks