Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:08   #1786
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking at Alpine Type-R 6.5" components for my Swift. Any idea about the availability and pricing for the same ?
Old 15th February 2009, 14:54   #1787
BHPian

Help needed on swift ICE

i have thought of an ice setup for my Swift

HU : pioneer 4050UB
Front : JBL 608c or GT5 something(dont remember exactly but its a coaxial)
rear : JBL GTO938

I am not going to be using an amp since im on a tight budget.so will components give good sound quality without an amp.so without an amp will the GT5 thing be better??
Old 15th February 2009, 22:45   #1788
BHPian

step by step

You can upgrade your ICE step by step, first off- get a mid range HU and speaker set. Your pioneer selection is pretty OK. The speakers from JBL are OK too. You can purchase the amp as the next step (if you are not satisfied with the experience), else- just leave it alone. Get good damping done on the doors , so that there is not much reverberation. An amp is not essential in your case, since we have to consider budget also.
Old 22nd February 2009, 17:52   #1789
BHPian

@acertain thanks for your inputs .

I ended up buying the following .

HU - DEH-2190UB ( they said it is a 2009 model.am i being cheated??)
Front compos : JBL GT5 - 650c(How do they compare to 608c??)
Rear (6 x 9) : Polk db 690

No AMPS No Damping

The output is pretty good.

I couldnt find the above components on the jbl site.Is this a fake??
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:47   #1790
BHPian

Pio DEH 2190 is the latest model (2009). You could check it on the pioneer india website.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:35   #1791
BHPian

Music system with limited budget

Dear Friends,

First of all a big HI to everyone, as this is my first post on TBHP.

I recently purchased Swift and planning to install audio system.
My budget is limited to Rs. 10,000.

Im planning to get a Pioneer HU with 6" JBL Coaxial speakers ONLY in front.

Majority of the times me and my wife are the only passengers in the car and hence i thought of later on adding additional speakers at back.

We prefer rock genre.

Im not sure how good will be the sound effects with such configurations.
How much is the wattage output of HUs ? and how much should i be prefering with above config ?

Can u pls guide.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:03   #1792

ICE setup for my Swift VDI

Hi everyone

I have recently booked a Swift VDI ABS in Pearl White and would be getting the delivery in 2 months

I have already started planning for the ICE setup so that I can source the required components from US by the time my car arrives. I am a music enthusiast and hence want to have an awesome ICE set up for my car. My plan is to get the ICE done in 2 stages:

Stage 1:
Get the HU and 2 front component speakers done since most of the time I would be driving alone or with my girl friend

Stage 2:
Get the AMP, sub-woofer and rear speakers done (probably 6 months later)

I am not getting everything done in one go because of budget constraints.
Do you think this is a nice idea or should I rather go for cheaper head units and AMP/sub-woofer and get everything done together?

I am planning to order Alpine 9887 from US unless you guys suggest something better. It would cost be around $300, if the price difference is not much in India I would prefer buying it from here because then I'll get the warranty also. What do you guys think about Alpine 9887? Would you suggest something else in the same price range?

Also, I have not yet decided on which speakers to buy yet. Could you suggest some good front speakers with Alpine 9887?
Old 12th March 2009, 21:44   #1793

Could a Swift ZXI owner please tell me if the default Swift HU has USB support?
Old 12th March 2009, 23:36   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcreator View Post
Could a Swift ZXI owner please tell me if the default Swift HU has USB support?

no it dose not supports usb drives.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:13   #1795

New Swift Needs "Boom" Please Help :)

Hello,

I am here again in need of some help. Yesterday i bought a Swift and sold off my previous esteem 2001. I want to get it ICE'd today so need your help.

The HU i am using is same as in esteem. Have a look .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1008848

Now i want to know a good place to get everything done including cple of accessories like mud flaps mats etc.

Help me out with a good place and best possible combination under 20k

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th March 2009 at 13:12. Reason: Search!!
Old 13th March 2009, 15:27   #1796

want to upgrade the Audio in my SWIFT

Hi all,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. Thanks for GYAN u all have given me.I have gone through the innumerable threads on SWIFT Audio. I have decided on the below option.

Currently I have

Pioneer HU (Dont know the exact model)
Pioneer Ovals in Back and Sony speakers in the front

I want to change everything except my HU. I want change the speakers also as the earlier accessory guy has installed duplicate speakers.

FRONT : Component Speakers (thinking abt JBL/polk)
REAR : Oval Speakers(Not yet decided)
Sub in Boot
and Amp to power front components and Sub

Vitamin M : 20,000-25,000

Can anyone help me exact config and primarily a good installer in HYDERABAD. As I can directly go to the shop.
Old 15th March 2009, 00:43   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringmaniac View Post
Help me out with a good place and best possible combination under 20k
Something similar to your requirements are discussed here. You can go to Driven or Gyro in Delhi. You can also pick up h/w from Karol bagh and get those installed but i dont recommend that. Tell that you are from team-bhp and may be you get some discount. PM me in case you want their number. I would be going to former tomorrow for my ICE setup.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:43   #1798

ICE suggestions for Swift VDi

After much thinking and test drives finally booked a Swift VDi. Now planning to get a good ICE. To start with planning to get a Kenwood 2 DIN HU and a component from Kenwood or JBL for front.

The dealer (Jalan Distributors) has already warned that if I don't install whatever MGA stock they have or can get for me, warranty will be void and some electrical problems may happen costing 40k to repair. They have only Kenwood, Sony & Blaupunkt.

I stay at Kolkata, and I don't know of any good and reliable installers here. Should I get the ICE (HU and front compos) from them. Or someone can suggest an alternative installer in Kolkata.

What suggestions (model nos) can I install from Kenwood / JBL / Blaupunkt / Sony. I like classic rock and new age music.

Also, can a HU drive a component without problems or an amplifier is a must.

Thanks.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st March 2009 at 12:59. Reason: Search please
Old 31st March 2009, 21:55   #1799

Hi everyone, I'm now buying a Swift VXI instead of a Swift ZXI. Kindly suggest some ICE setups within a budget of 5k-10k (I'm only a casual music lover) which will provide good audio quality, preferably with an aux input. Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:35   #1800
BHPian

What ICE setup with BT HU for Swift VDi

Hey guys,

I have already booked a Swift VDi with my dealer and should be getting the delivery by the end of the month or earlier. I am in mfg/retail business and hence i get loads of calls while i am driving. I usually use a BT headset but TBH it is very annoying and most of the time i forget it in my house while leaving for my office and even when i do carry it is usually discharged not to mention i have already broken one and lost one in last 3 years.

On to my music needs i don't have very sensitive ears(I ain't a audiophile) so i am not exactly looking for a audiophile setup in my car but what i am surely looking for is a ICE setup which is free from distortion whensoever i play loud music(I like to roll up my car windows and listen to music at a bit higher levels then normal whenever i am driving alone) but at the same time i would like to state that i am not a person who likes a *lot of boom boom*. I do like deep base but again it has to be crisp and distortion free. I don't plan to install an amp or a sub in the car. Though i would like to put a decent set of speakers or component as i was told by a fellow bhpain over the phone today(Yup i am a complete noob at this). Also i would like to just install back speakers on a tray as i would like to use the boot.

Coming on to the HU as i stated earlier i really want BT connectivity as i find using phone in car while driving very dangerous as i have been told by my fellow passengers(Dad and wife) that my driving style completely changes(to unsafe) with the phone on. I would also like a stering remote with my HU. Guess my choices would be quite limited to Pioneer if i dont consider importing a universal learning remote from outside as done by frankmehta. I would ideally like the HU to be non touch screen as during driving one does not want to look at the HU to use it. I would like it to have USB connectivity and would prefer a line in 3.5mm stereo jack for my Nokia 5800. I would like the HU to have a bright and sharp LCD with multiple line display and text scrolling. Also i don't mind going in for a grey piece as long as it does not have high failure rates

I have a budget of about 20K give or take a few grands. Also is there any added advantage of buying a 2DIN HU over a single one. I had initially thought of doing a carputer rig but later i realized that i hate using my nokia 5800(touchscreen) while driving the car so it would a pain to actually use a touchscreen carputer while driving. Also do suggest me a place to get the complete ICE setup done in Noida/Delhi(Lajpatnagar area preferred).

I have already read quite a few threads and i have mainly concentrated on the HU's as of now. I guess the four common recommendation with my kind of setup for the HU's are:

Pioneer 6950 + BT Adapter
Kenwood 6539 + BT Adapter
JVC AVX44 without the BT Adapter but is a touchscreen
Kenwood 7539 is almost twice expensive as the first two but does not require the BT adapter but has failure rates

Do let me know if i am missing out on something or if better ones then these are available.

I have absolutely zero idea about the speakers. I kinda just know that JVC are good for beginners and Bull Audio does pack a quite a bit of punch. So basically Bull Audio Components for the front and JVC speakers for the back but don't exactly know which ones or weather this combi is right or not.

Help me with this guys

TIA

Switch

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 09:26. Reason: Search and please continue in an existing thread. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks