Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 00:19   #1696
Senior - BHPian

If you are willing to buy everything in grey and up your budget to 20k you might squeeze an amp in there.
Old 24th September 2008, 00:30   #1697
BHPian

Finally got my system,

=> Pioneer DEH-4050UB
=> Kicker ES693, 6"x9" @ 90W RMS

May not be the best out there but i like it very much especially the speakers, amazing handling at high volumes and good bass and IMO beats JBL 937/938 in handling department.
Old 24th September 2008, 23:56   #1698

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Pioneer 5090UB (with B&W) costs about 8800 (10k MRP - 12% discount) in bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
If you are willing to buy everything in grey and up your budget to 20k you might squeeze an amp in there.
Thanks a lot Guys.. Was just wondering how much 5090 would cost in grey. How much does the AMP for front speakers costs by the way.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:43   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanky2502 View Post
Thanks a lot Guys.. Was just wondering how much 5090 would cost in grey. How much does the AMP for front speakers costs by the way.
Pio 5090 is the official series in India. In grey you get Pio 5050. Both models are identical in features except for the difference in the faceplate backlight.
You can get Pio 5050 from 6500 to 7000. One more diff I found is that Pio 5090 is made in singapore whereas 5050 is made in thailand.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:02   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanky2502 View Post

5050 pioneer grey price 6700
amp for front speakers - GREY
pionner 3300T - RS 4k/ Kenwood 5203 - rs 3500K / jbl GT5 a402 RS3500/Blaupunk mk2 special - 3800rs
Old 26th September 2008, 09:54   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Finally got my system,

=> Pioneer DEH-4050UB
=> Kicker ES693, 6"x9" @ 90W RMS

May not be the best out there but i like it very much especially the speakers, amazing handling at high volumes and good bass and IMO beats JBL 937/938 in handling department.
Ok having got the above system, i read in the manual of 4050 that, the REAR o/p can used for driving a sub woofer. I will not be adding Front speakers to this setup.

Now as i have only Rear speakers connected, i am thinking of connecting the rear spk FRONT o/p connections and get a sub woofer to play thru REAR o/ps.
In a nutshell this way i get to use a sub w/o using an external amp.

How good would that sound? has any body tried this?

P.S : This may sound odd but I have tried using one of the speakers of my Sony 1200W music system as woofer thru rear o/p and they sounded good though not very loud.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:26   #1702

Need advice on Pioneer JBL ICE Setup in Swift

Dear Gurus,

I have a Swift Vdi, im planning to install the following ICE Setup in my car.
My dealer has suggested the same. Please advice if its worth it.

Pioneer 5050 Headunit - Rs.6800/- (6 Months Dealer Warranty)
JBL GT5 - 650C Front Comp Speakers - Rs.4500/- (with JBL warranty)
JBL GT5 - 947 Ovals Rear Speakers - Rs.4800/- (with JBL warranty)
JBL Amp 4 channel GT5 - 604 - Rs.6800/- (with JBL warranty)

Subwoofer i am planning to install later.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th September 2008 at 12:08. Reason: Use search
Old 30th September 2008, 22:53   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Ok having got the above system, i read in the manual of 4050 that, the REAR o/p can used for driving a sub woofer. I will not be adding Front speakers to this setup.

Now as i have only Rear speakers connected, i am thinking of connecting the rear spk FRONT o/p connections and get a sub woofer to play thru REAR o/ps.
In a nutshell this way i get to use a sub w/o using an external amp.

How good would that sound? has any body tried this?

P.S : .
rear o/ps-SUB is only given as an option so that you dont have to remove the HU and change the rca's to sub out.
also me thinks this is more applicable to 2 pre out HU's

the rear op- SUB only means you can coonnect rca's to it to drive a sub thru an AMP it does not mean the sub can be driven without an amp.
the power supplied by HU is way to low to drive a decent 12 inch sub
Old 30th September 2008, 23:28   #1704
BHPian

Swift ICE Problems

Hi Guys,

Have installed Kicker speakers (oval) on the rear shelf of a Swift Zxi.
Problem is that I keep getting a creaking sort of rattling noise on bad roads which I think is from the shelf (after market) and don't know what to do about it. According to the guy who installed it, all Swifts with a rear parcel shelf have this problem??
Please help as this noise is driving me nuts.
Have tried banging the shelf down and it helps for a short while and then starts again.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

SS
Old 1st October 2008, 00:54   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

Have installed Kicker speakers (oval) on the rear shelf of a Swift Zxi.
Problem is that I keep getting a creaking sort of rattling noise on bad roads which I think is from the shelf (after market) and don't know what to do about it. According to the guy who installed it, all Swifts with a rear parcel shelf have this problem??
Please help as this noise is driving me nuts.
Have tried banging the shelf down and it helps for a short while and then starts again.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

SS
SS, I think the Swift ZXi comes with a factory fitted rear parcel shelf. This is a standard accessory in Swift Zxi. Coming to the problem, I have never had this problem in my swift though I don't have any speakers on it. But under it in the boot I have my sub woofer which certainly creates lot of pressure on the Rear parcel tray, but there are rubber pegs which rest under the rear door. So I don't have this problem.

If you have installed the speakers on the MDF foam (after market) rear parcel tray then there should have been some fixing problem. If you are using the original tray then I expect that the speakers weight might be pulling the things out of place when you go through the rough patch of road. One suggestion in that case would be you can add some rubber to the hinge where the rear parcel tray is connected on the either side of the walls. This way you can tighten a bit. Also check if there is some play and the rear door is not resting on the parcel shelf and which is leading to rattling.
Old 1st October 2008, 15:37   #1706
BHPian

ICE for Swift Vxi - Pio + JBL

I have got the following quote from Auto Shop in kormangala, bangalore.

Pio 5090 - Rs 8700
Front comps - JBL CS2165c - Rs 3200
Rear ovals - JBL GT5 963 - Rs 2700
MDF Plank (detachable) - Rs 850
Spacer rings - Rs 150
Harness - Rs 200

All are with B & W.

Would like to know your valuable comments on this setup. I am not a audiophile and need a simple setup (no sub and amp option now). Are the prices right?
Should I need to look for any catch or hidden charges?
Old 1st October 2008, 16:04   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
I have got the following quote from Auto Shop in kormangala, bangalore.

Pio 5090 - Rs 8700
Front comps - JBL CS2165c - Rs 3200
Rear ovals - JBL GT5 963 - Rs 2700
MDF Plank (detachable) - Rs 850
Spacer rings - Rs 150
Harness - Rs 200

All are with B & W.

Would like to know your valuable comments on this setup. I am not a audiophile and need a simple setup (no sub and amp option now). Are the prices right?
Should I need to look for any catch or hidden charges?
I can't comment on the prices but i can vouch for them - I've been dealing with the Autoshop folks for last 6-7 years and i found them reliable and their rates are also reasonable.
Old 1st October 2008, 20:20   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
SS, I think the Swift ZXi comes with a factory fitted rear parcel shelf. This is a standard accessory in Swift Zxi. Coming to the problem, I have never had this problem in my swift though I don't have any speakers on it. But under it in the boot I have my sub woofer which certainly creates lot of pressure on the Rear parcel tray, but there are rubber pegs which rest under the rear door. So I don't have this problem.

If you have installed the speakers on the MDF foam (after market) rear parcel tray then there should have been some fixing problem. If you are using the original tray then I expect that the speakers weight might be pulling the things out of place when you go through the rough patch of road. One suggestion in that case would be you can add some rubber to the hinge where the rear parcel tray is connected on the either side of the walls. This way you can tighten a bit. Also check if there is some play and the rear door is not resting on the parcel shelf and which is leading to rattling.
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions.
It is an aftermarket shelf which is jammed into the space where the original one used to sit. No hinges. Have tried pushing some rubber strips on either side but then the shelf does not sit properly.
Does anyone know where I can get a decent shelf (MDF) with the same fitting points as the original. Would it help??

brgds,
SS
Old 1st October 2008, 23:15   #1709
BHPian

upgraded audio

My configuration now is
  1. pioneer deh 5650mp (Retained the old one i have been using for 3 year)
  2. Boston s60 at front
  3. Boston S95 6x9 3 way at
  4. Damped front doors

I did this at Endeffect, Cochin and very happy with the sound Quality:-)
These speakers sound way better than the old Pioneer Coax.

~Manoj

PS: Next upgrade will be a powered subwoofer.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:54   #1710

need some suggestion for a good amp.

Hi guys,
I have an vdi . Have installed illusion comps at the front.
Now planning to install a good amp.
Can anyone suggest a good amp.
Am not going to install the read speakers or sub yet though in future i will.

rgds,
Shiv.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks