Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:13   #31
Team-BHP Support

yes and this case twist the wires. dont run them in straight parrallel configuration alongside each other.
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

But Navin, these wires are carrying 12V to the amplifier from the battery. What difference will it make to the audio if they are twisted or parallel?
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:36   #33
Team-BHP Support

I seem to remember that capacitance can be created between 2 wires running parallel to each other having different emf. this will reuslt in loss of energy in the wires. I am still recuperating so dont have access to my books in transmission line theory but I hope this following links help.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_13/3.html
http://www.opamp-electronics.com/tut...ce_2_14_03.htm
Old 2nd November 2006, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
And In case you are using a super duper amplifier and cannot get thicker than 25sqmm(4 ga.) finolex cable, it is perfectly ok to use 2 leads to the main power and 2 to the earth. (Basically, run the wire twice through)
Of course this is only needed if you have a real beast of an amplifier.
good suggestion but unlikely too.
If a guy has $$ to buy beast amp. , he should be having $$ for branded audio cabling too. What say?
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:05   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

What if you saved the life of a rich man who owned a company that made excessively large and powerful car amplifiers... and this man was so grateful that he gave you an amplifier? Then you would be poor but still have a beast amplifier.

Please do consider these possibilities before you make such a post. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What if you saved the life of a rich man who owned a company that made excessively large and powerful car amplifiers... ..
Clarence Moore died in 1979. His company was sold to "another firm" in march 2000.
Old 2nd November 2006, 17:24   #37
BHPian

I am planning to change 'Big3' wires of car's charging system.Which finolex cable size should i prefer?
I would like to go for one gauge lesser than required.
Old 2nd November 2006, 18:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

rsj you can do it with 25 mmsq wire as it will serve the purpose.....but as you sugested to go for a thicker wire a 35 mmsq will be more than required......
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:12   #39
BHPian

I will add these wires to the exisiting OEM wires as i still have warranty of abt 2yrs to avoid any controversy later.But problem is my installer doesn't have crimping tools, so how should i connect wires with terminals?
Old 9th November 2006, 12:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

2g cable 6 mtrs
2G Grounding cable 1 mtr
outputs to amps use 4g cable 2 mtrs
outputs to amps use 4g cable 2 mtrs
Distribution Block 1 no
Grounding Terminal
waterproof fuse holder near battery:
Fuses : 3 nos
4ch Interconnects
2 ch Interconnects
Speaker wire 14 mtrs
Sub Wire 2 mtrs

first us see what is your requirment and what you require....

from the above specs sheet we can see that the 1.400 requires 55 amps when wired at 1 ohms and the 4.300 requires 16.5 amps only....these are the max musical power demands if sine waves are played the amperes will increase more so a little more thick wire will be fine....

http://www.the12volt.com/wiring/recwirsz.asp

from the above chart we can see that these are the normal current carring capacity of a wire or we can say max a wire can take so always take a upsize...so we can take a upsize ...

for the 1.400 we can take gauge 8 cable or 4 will be more than sufficent and will be more than extra for the purpose...but I will recommend 4 gauge....

for the 4.300 we can take a 8 gauge for the job even if you use a 2 ohms speaker or a 4 ohms one.....

I would suggest drop the distribution block idea as it will require a good expert to do it and more joints will be there in the path....

for your job take two wire put the fuses in the engine bay and run the two wires where the amps are going to be mounted.....connect the main positive directly to the amp and ground the amp with a soild earth point like the seat belt bolt which is directly goes into the car chassis....

for the speaker wires and rca leads you can get them easily as they dont make a major amount.....

for the power wire you can use finolex as they come in mmsq size you can consider 16 mmsq or 25 mmsq for the 1.400 and 10 mmsq for the 4.300...

for more good option you can go for LAPP cable they are German product used in merc car wireing....the LAPP cable is about 40 % cosltier than the regular finolex cable....

the finolex 10mmsq one meter is for approx 60-70 rupess and the lapp would be approx 90 -100 rupes...the 16mmsq and the 25 mmsq prices I dont remember but would be in the range of 125 and 175 respectively....

for the termination you can get good thimbles made out of Oxgen free copper terminals made by Jainson avalable at any good electrical shop....they would avalable in ring-type, u-type, pin type....use the appropiate at the place required...like the ring type for connection at the battery terminal and the pin type for the ampilfier connection..here is a pic for the reference....
Old 10th November 2006, 13:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
What if you saved the life of a rich man who owned a company that made excessively large and powerful car amplifiers... and this man was so grateful that he gave you an amplifier? Then you would be poor but still have a beast amplifier.

Please do consider these possibilities before you make such a post. Thanks.
l

ol lol.
Can i break the 2 smilie rule here???
nice point Sam. Thanks for the finolex idea anyways....any other such bang for the buck suggestions??

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 10th November 2006 at 13:23.
Old 10th November 2006, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Which is the best material wires which we can use .Does having gold terminals help how?
Old 5th January 2007, 10:34   #43
BHPian

hello navin

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I seem to remember that capacitance can be created between 2 wires running parallel to each other having different emf. this will reuslt in loss of energy in the wires.
Well wont it be nice to have some capacitance in power supplies, people have caps with amp. to stiffen to power supply
anywayz i think capacitance is a game of voltage not current, we have only few volts here, the capicitance effect will still be there even if you twist the wires(imagine 2 twisted wires cross connected with small capacitors, just like a "DNA strand"), if you twist the wires u only inrease the length which will even add more capicitace and resistance(main trouble because we playin with heavy current) too
well inrease distance between ground and Vcc to reduce capacitance if you want
i think ppl twist wires only to cross cansel interference from extrnal source
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:33   #44
Team-BHP Support

any other good vfm wiring kit besides the above mentioned finolex? how much?
are monster cables good? read in some thread about the fakes in the market, how can one distinguish a fake mmonster kit from an orginal one besdies the bill and warranty stuff?

manson.
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
any other good vfm wiring kit besides the above mentioned finolex? how much?
are monster cables good? read in some thread about the fakes in the market, how can one distinguish a fake mmonster kit from an orginal one besdies the bill and warranty stuff?

manson.
finolex does not make wiring kits it is a industrial flexible copper wire.....which is used in industries to power up devices like motors, heaters, etc......it is a substitute for the car power wire and it works just fine.....

In the car audio following wire are used....

1) Power wire -> get finolex, LAPP, Havells which ever you want and is easily available....and check the size in gauge in the chart and get the mmsq size as in india gauge size is not used much....for terminating the power wire you can get thimbles from the same shop for where you have purchase the wire....they can be different type like pin type, ring type, U-type.........

2) Speaker wire -> get a good wire not local one.....a good installer must be having it......like monster, streetwire, audison, kicker.....are good brands.......dont go for boss, anka......

3) RCA -> this is the most important or one will end up with alternator whine and noises in there car......there are many brands in the market....but prefer the good one.....like in the case of speaker wire.....and same brands as pointed out earlier.......

rest no need for capacitor as they are useless stuff......the necessary capacitor bank is inside the amp........

and enjoy music.....as this is the only stuff which comes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks