Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 07:12   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
the Transcend DrivePro 220. However the parking mode or ability to record when the car is not in use is top in my priority, from what I have read it can only record a few seconds of video as it does not draw power from the car battery in parking mode.
Congratulations on your choice. Apparently, you can use parking mode in the DrivePro 220:
Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-drivepro220_parkmode1.jpg
Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-drivepro220_parkmode2.jpg
The feature of powering off after a few seconds is a separate feature present in all their dashcams, and is not meant to be a parking mode. This keeps your recorder running for up to 30 seconds after power has been lost.

Parking mode separately activates the camera based on motion detection and runs off the internal battery.

References:
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:31   #77
adu
BHPian

Just received my Transcend DrivePro 100 ordered through Amazon. Have been using a Chinese make one which I had bought for about Rs.2,600 which just did not have the clarity with respect to recording.

Will try this out and post a review in a few days.

Also, can anyone provide tips on the best way to conceal the wiring for the dash cam in a XUV?
Old 14th July 2015, 17:09   #78
adu
BHPian

Link to my DIY concealed cable installation of the Transcend DrivePro 100 in my XUV500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3753242
Old 15th July 2015, 00:14   #79
BHPian

Hi Guys
I am able connect well to my DrivePro 220 through the phone using wifi but I'm unable to save the videos on the camera roll of my phone

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436899423.822737.jpg
Old 15th July 2015, 10:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

So,the 13th of July being my birthday, was pleasantly surprised when i was gifted with a drivepro 220 courtesy my dear wifey.
I was using an sj4000 dash cam which used to stop recording after half hour as the device used to get heated up.
Installed the drivepro yesterday. Overall the quality of the dash cam is top notch.Will post my reviews in coming days.With all the features it offers it's definitely worth buying one.
Old 15th July 2015, 12:31   #81
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
So,the 13th of July being my birthday, was pleasantly surprised when i was gifted with a drivepro 220 courtesy my dear wifey.
I was using an sj4000 dash cam which used to stop recording after half hour as the device used to get heated up.
Installed the drivepro yesterday. Overall the quality of the dash cam is top notch.Will post my reviews in coming days.With all the features it offers it's definitely worth buying one.
Rakesh, you have received the perfect gift from your wife. Look forward to your review on the DrivePro 220.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:10   #82
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaninilesh View Post
Hi Guys
I am able connect well to my DrivePro 220 through the phone using wifi but I'm unable to save the videos on the camera roll of my phone

Attachment 1392288
If you are using an iPhone and I believe it is since you mentioned 'camera roll', you will face issues as it may not allow you to save anything on the phone. This is not an issue with your dash cam or phone, it is just Apple being Apple if you know what I mean .
Old 27th July 2015, 17:07   #83
BHPian

I have a DP200 as well. By and large I am happy with it other than the generation of '.mov' files. I would have been more happier with mp4.

Would anybody be aware as to what tool needs to be used to edit/join these mov files.
Old 9th August 2015, 21:06   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quoting my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I had a dual camera dash cam recording both the front and rear. It was good but had stopped functioning after few days of use so had sent it for replacement as per the communication from seller. Now that fellow is not taking my calls or replying to mails and messages, its been over 8 months now. I had bought the product from eBay. And eBay has refused to help.
That's why I'm looking for a better quality dash cam and am confused between all 3 varieties of Transcend Drivepro . Please help me out. I can go for 220 also, cost is not the issue.
I purchased Transcend Drive Pro 220 in May 1st week. Have been having a trouble free time till now. Posting a few pics of my installed setup.

The camera was mounted onto the front windshield but as my car used to be parked in open sun, the device used to get very hot although it never malfunctioned. Then I installed it on the IRVM. Now people will say that its dangerous, but I have attached pictures for all to see that it doesn't impair any rear view, especially when using the ORVMs. The snapshot feature is also good and picture clarity is very good. Due to pathetic net connection speeds, I have failed to upload the video. The power source resides inside the glovebox as I had got a separate 12V socket installed from MASS. The wire is taken out from the glovebox after removing a small plastic cap, routing it through the A pillar and roof liner and then to the camera. Sorry for poor editing and paint shop work.

Just 2 days back I saw the details about Blaupunkt Dash Cam which is priced at less than 25% of Drive Pro. Have ordered 2 of them as my brother and sister-in-law also require it. I will also try to compare both the dash cams.
Attached Thumbnails
Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4844.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4846.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4847.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4850.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4852.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4853.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4856.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4857.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_4859.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-ts_d0002.jpg  

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-ts_d0008.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 9th August 2015 at 21:23.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 12:56   #85
BHPian

Bonecollector,

Pics look impressive. What's the MP value. It's is 3 or 4.
Waiting for the videos. Are you shooting them them in HD or FHD?
I guess the DP220 supports a 64GB card which is a big plus for long drives.
Old 19th August 2015, 07:52   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Bonecollector,

Pics look impressive. What's the MP value. It's is 3 or 4.
Waiting for the videos. Are you shooting them them in HD or FHD?
I guess the DP220 supports a 64GB card which is a big plus for long drives.
Hi, sorry for replying late as I did not notice this post of yours. The MP value is 3MP. I started shooting on HD but shifted on 720. There was not much difference in perception but have again put it up as HD. I have still not been able to upload any video. Will definitely do it and post a link here. I'm attaching the DrivePro series details here.
Attached Thumbnails
Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-_20150819_074709.jpg  

BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 11:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I purchased Transcend Drive Pro 220 in May 1st week. Have been having a trouble free time till now. Posting a few pics of my installed setup.

The camera was mounted onto the front windshield but as my car used to be parked in open sun, the device used to get very hot although it never malfunctioned.
I have a Transcend Dp 100. I simply remove the camera when the car is to be parked in the sun for long. It's good the device does not get hot when positioned on the mirror like you have done but is it not possible to glue or affix it on the rear of the rear view mirror ?
Old 19th August 2015, 11:18   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I have a Transcend Dp 100. I simply remove the camera when the car is to be parked in the sun for long. It's good the device does not get hot when positioned on the mirror like you have done but is it not possible to glue or affix it on the rear of the rear view mirror ?
The suction cap attaches only to a smooth surface like mirrors, glass or body. The rear of IRVM is coarse and suction cup doesn't hold there. With my type of mounting, I see a few plus points.

1. Doesn't get heated up due to the direct sunlight.
2. Coverage area has increased considerably. Both A pillars are visible.
3. It gets camouflaged due to being on inside and also due to reflection on the front windshield.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:08   #89
BHPian

@BoneCollector

I am planning to buy the Transcend Drive Pro 220 from Amazon.in.
I have a few questions though:

1. Does it come with adhesive mount or suction mount in package?
2. What is the file size difference for clip in 720 and 1080? I plan to use either a 64GB card or 2-3 32GB cards. How much duration can it shoot?
3. I know that these devices save videos in small clips. What is the longest clip duration possible? 1 hour or so? (Currently I am using old Samsung Galaxy Note1 as dashcam. It records 1 hour video and then I have to restart recording manually. )
4. Is it possible to disable loop recording? In loop, the camera will tend to overwrite footage once memory is full. Can it be set such that once mem is full, camera should notify me to change card? (I want to use it for travel documentation. I will empty the cards to my MBP and upload the footage to youtube. I will then delete all local copies)
Old 15th September 2015, 14:19   #90
BHPian

I am planning to buy DrivePro 220. Is it possible to disable the speed stamp without disabling the time and date stamp ?

Last edited by Ketan T : 15th September 2015 at 14:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks