Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 15:24   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
@BoneCollector

I am planning to buy the Transcend Drive Pro 220 from Amazon.in.
I have a few questions though:

1. Does it come with adhesive mount or suction mount in package?
2. What is the file size difference for clip in 720 and 1080? I plan to use either a 64GB card or 2-3 32GB cards. How much duration can it shoot?
3. I know that these devices save videos in small clips. What is the longest clip duration possible? 1 hour or so?
4. Is it possible to disable loop recording?
Answering your query as asked-

1. It comes with a sturdy suction mount. No need to order separately. I had ordered as the product description doesn't mention about it.

2. I have not really calculated the duration. But I guess with a 32GB card, it records about 3 hours. No idea about clip file size.

3. Longest duration clip it records is of 5 mins. These are Car Dash Cams so they will not work on principle of a regular video camera.

4. I'm not sure about this as I haven't checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I am planning to buy DrivePro 220. Is it possible to disable the speed stamp without disabling the time and date stamp ?
As far as I remember, there is no mention of speed in the stamp. Its mainly date, time and latitude-longitude. Will info if there is anything I need to correct.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I am planning to buy DrivePro 220. Is it possible to disable the speed stamp without disabling the time and date stamp ?
Its disabled by default,you can enable it if you want to from the settings.

So default is only GPS location,date & time,no speed stamp.
Old 15th September 2015, 15:50   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Its disabled by default,you can enable it if you want to from the settings.

So default is only GPS location,date & time,no speed stamp.
Thank you, Shashank!
Old 9th October 2015, 23:46   #94
BHPian

Has anyone tried to use the Transcend Drivepro 220 on a GLA or a Q3?
Old 4th December 2015, 13:24   #95
BHPian

Guys, You need to be careful while buying Transcend Drive Pro 220. I got the camera from Amazon. I paid 10949 for dash cam but the MRP mentioned in dash cam is INR9999. Everyone is selling @ inflated prices. I immediately contacted Amazon through phone, email and chat and Facebook.

FB operator straight off denied any reversal of extra charge but she did not seem to be Indian and her reply was such that she was unaware of Indian concept of MRP.

Phone people gave me the only option of returning the product outright and they would refund. They said part refund is impossible.

Email did not get any revert.

Chat people finally helped me and 949 rs was refunded to me as Amazon gift card.
Mohitkumaar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:57   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

My 6 month old Transcend DrivePro 220 has started acting cranky since last couple of weeks. I thought it was a one off issue but alas, its a problem. The camera doesn't switch on all by itself most of the times now. Even if it does, it'll switch off in a few seconds. But at times it'll work without any issue. I've contacted the service people at Patna, my nearest location. They'll collect it and send it to Bangalore for further work. Not happy with it. Even a Chinese one being used in other car has lasted longer.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 4th December 2015 at 15:59.
Old 11th February 2016, 13:47   #97
BHPian

Hi All

My budget is 10k and narrowed down by choices to Transcend 200 and Transcend 220. I love the 220 for its feature list and I am interested in the battery for parking mode functionality. But worried about the battery conking off due to heat and causing failure of the dash cam. Is this is a serious worry? I am in Bangalore and the heat is not that bad here. But will it be a concern on long drives? (Say bangalore to Goa runs)?

The 200 model seems OK to me, but very few are available on Amazon. The capacitor is said to be better than battery in heating issues - but can it hold the charge to ensure the last video is saved to SD or will it fail and cause issues? Also, several forums have complained the the time reset issue, which also causes overwriting of files on the SD in a random order. Is this true?

Also, Anyone faced major issues on both models after few months of usage?
Old 11th February 2016, 13:57   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
I am in Bangalore and the heat is not that bad here. But will it be a concern on long drives? (Say bangalore to Goa runs)?
Bangalore - Goa runs should not be your real concern at all. In fact, parking under the summer sun in an open parking lot right here in Bangalore should be.

The heat generated right near the windshield is tremendous and good enough to conk these cameras. However, at the same time, they are not delicate too.

In fact, even in today's weather where the noon is sunny, I remove the camera and place it inside the glovebox when parked in my open parking lot of my workplace. Earlier we had a basement parking where I never removed the camera but now I religiously do.

Quote:
Also, several forums have complained the the time reset issue, which also causes overwriting of files on the SD in a random order. Is this true?
I am using DP200 since the past 2 years and say around 80,000 kms of driving and have faced no issues whatsoever like the ones mentioned with files written in random order.
Quote:
Also, Anyone faced major issues on both models after few months of usage?
I have used DP200 for continuous driving lasting more than 27 hours in one go (and many 20+ hours drives too) and the DP200 hasn't thrown any tantrums at all.

In fact, I have a BHPian friend of mine who has hardwired the Dashcam (again a DP200) bought at the same time as mine and that has been on and on and on ever since and he has faced no issues too. The Dashcam in his car never turns off as its powered directly and records even when parked.

I hope this should clear your concerns regarding DP200.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th February 2016 at 14:01.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 17:51   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In fact, I have a BHPian friend of mine who has hardwired the Dashcam (again a DP200) bought at the same time as mine and that has been on and on and on ever since and he has faced no issues too. The Dashcam in his car never turns off as its powered directly and records even when parked.

I hope this should clear your concerns regarding DP200.
Thanks Parag. I just checked out the DP200 in Arun_josie's car and he recommended it as well. So finally ordered DP200 from amazon.

But DP220 still pulls the heart strings with all the bells and whistles. If only DP200 had those.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 07:16   #100
BHPian

Have bought Transcend Pro 220 last week and used during my trip to Udupi. The video quality is excellent and in fact night time videos are much better than GT300. More than video quality my biggest satisfaction was recording at one go during a long drive. The very reason for going for Pro 220 inspite of having a GT300. 12 hours of video occupied only 43 GB with a 720p setting.

Will try to post some sample videos during the weekend.
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaninilesh View Post
Hi Guys
I am able connect well to my DrivePro 220 through the phone using wifi but I'm unable to save the videos on the camera roll of my phone

Attachment 1392288
Am unable to connect my iPhone through Wi-Fi. Does it require any setting changes, can you please guide ?
Old 13th April 2016, 07:16   #102
BHPian

I got a Transcend Pro 220. Checked the recording on last Sunday. The recording quality is quite good. Looks like there is no image stabilisation, since every small jerk is captured.

Also anyone facing issues of missing clips in between. I have a 64GB Card, with the recording per clip configured to be 3mins. I have noticed that few of the intermediate clips are missing. Anybody has a similar problem, and any solutions ?
Old 13th April 2016, 08:16   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Also anyone facing issues of missing clips in between. I have a 64GB Card, with the recording per clip configured to be 3mins. I have noticed that few of the intermediate clips are missing. Anybody has a similar problem, and any solutions ?
I've faced same issue of missing clips but haven't found a solution. I even did a firmware upgrade which sorted out a few issues but this one remains.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:32   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've faced same issue of missing clips but haven't found a solution. I even did a firmware upgrade which sorted out a few issues but this one remains.
So this is not unique issue!! Are you also using 64GB or a lesser size ? I also try and increase the recording time to a larger interval..
Old 13th April 2016, 09:38   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
So this is not unique issue!! Are you also using 64GB or a lesser size ? I also try and increase the recording time to a larger interval..
I'm using a 64GB Class 10 card. My clips are of 5 mins duration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks