Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 14:02   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I regularly side and keep the camera inside the glovebox whenever I know that sun will be really harsh for a parked car for longer duration. So I can at least vouch for the build of the slot on the DP200 and its longevity in terms of frequently fixing and removing it from the mount - I use the suction mount but then the technique is same with both type of mounts to mount the camera.
No no, I meant , I do have only one mount (The adhesive kind) and need a second reliable method to mount it in the second car in the family when I am using that one. The availability of just the mount seemed kinda iffy, hence the question.
Old 22nd November 2016, 15:25   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
No no, I meant , I do have only one mount (The adhesive kind) and need a second reliable method to mount it in the second car in the family when I am using that one. The availability of just the mount seemed kinda iffy, hence the question.
Ah alright. I got it now. I was assuming you already have 2 mounts.

Not sure but have you tried looking for suction mount at all? you can have one and install that in one of the cars?

I am using the suction mount since more than 2 years now and it has never failed nor failed nor fallen down with the DP200 attached to it all the time. Only under very hot conditions and external parking, I just detach the camera from it.

I still feel you must look around online and get a proper mount. Let me see if I can.

The only other "workaround" that I can think of - Keep the sticker mount permanently attached to a good flat base material cut into 3"X 1.5" size and use a good quality heavy duty double sided tape on the other side of this "platform". Whenever you shift cars, use a fresh tape. That way, at least the camera is always fixed through the adhesive to on one side and you would never have fiddle with its adhesive.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd November 2016 at 15:28.
Old 25th November 2016, 14:47   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Not sure but have you tried looking for suction mount at all? you can have one and install that in one of the cars?
Finally (against my better instincts), ordered a suction mount from a seller listed on Amazon. It is not an amazon fulfilled item, and has just been dispatched from China. No tracking information apart from that.
Hope to receive it, since I couldnt think of any alternative "jugaad" method, eg, using mobile mount to clamp the DP200 in place.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 21:12   #154
Senior - BHPian

Seen a video recording of Paragsachania on FB & decided to go for this product. Ordered one and got it delivered. Have to hard wire for 2 cars & keep the cam switching between them based on usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Get your camera warranty registered on Transcend website. It'll save lots of hassle if something goes wrong.
Thanks. I got it registered
Old 26th November 2016, 08:08   #155
Senior - BHPian

I would like to get rid of those annoying dangling wires powering the dash cam & connect it to fuse box. Any precautions or tips not be missed?

Also which is the best & easy to use software to edit and stitch parts of videos?
Old 27th November 2016, 13:17   #156
APV
BHPian

I just ordered DP220 on Amazon for 11.3 K & also 64GB SD card. Planning to use the suction mount that comes with the package.
Old 1st December 2016, 16:39   #157
APV
BHPian

Fixed DP220 in my Etios, it is hard wired for now. Need to observe the videos for couple days & then do the fine tuning
Old 17th January 2017, 09:15   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Also which is the best & easy to use software to edit and stitch parts of videos?
If you're on Windows, Movie Maker is their official editing tool and very easy to use. It should easily cover most of your needs.
Old 17th January 2017, 09:35   #159

I have been using the Transcend DP100 for over 6 months now without any hassles. Tucked the wires clumsily but since I'm generally a messy person, am not too fussed about the sometimes dangling wire.

Chose the DP100 as it supports a 64GB card and wasn't too interested in having a GPS option. Would link to a video compilation but it contains some questionable driving - don't wanna get flamed here

Not sure if this comparison chart has been posted before, but this should help you make your choice.

http://www.transcend-info.com/PR/eve...on_cvr_en.html
Old 17th January 2017, 18:02   #160
Team-BHP Support

Picked up the DP220 from Amazon US for 150 USD. This one comes with a 32Gb memory card; there was one with the 16 Gb card for 134 USD. Thought more space is good for 16 USD extra.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick question: is there anything I need to do differently, in terms of settings, setup, calibration etc., since this product is from the US?

I know a bunch of people have got theirs from the US, anything in particular to look out for?
Old 27th February 2017, 13:22   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Picked up the DP220 from Amazon US for 150 USD.
I've started using the Dashcam and must say, the clarity and quality of images/sound is astounding.

Given our roads, I have disabled the lane departure and forward collision warnings and reduced the sensitivity of the sensors for starting emergency recording.

Quick help: the power cable gets into the dashcam upside down, which means the cable has to do a 180 deg turn just after the pin. I'm worried that the cable will soon get damaged at the turn. Any workaround?

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-img_0093.jpg
Old 27th February 2017, 14:22   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Any workaround?
  1. Place the camera right behind the IRVM

2. Route the charger wire from behind the roof lining and then behind the A or B Pillar and take it down and connect to the 12V socket

Refer the below pics for illustration purpose from my Ertiga

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-20161114_164900.jpg

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-20161114_164938.jpg

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-20161114_165016.jpg

If your vehicle has Airbags on the Pillars (Curtain), then best would be to not open the Pillar trims and still route the wire by using good quality double sided tape to mitigate that by routing the cable away from that accordingly.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th February 2017 at 14:25.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 08:59   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
II have a 64GB Card, with the recording per clip configured to be 3mins.
How many hours of recording does 64 GB accommodate? Which model did you opted for?

Edit: How much 64GB costed you?

Last edited by Surprise : 18th March 2017 at 09:06.
Old 19th March 2017, 08:28   #164
BHPian

Quote:
How many hours of recording does 64 GB accommodate? Which model did you opted for?

I guess you are asking for DP220. If that is the case then your 64GB will record for 18hrs if you have kept video setting @720p. I haven't checked the space consumption for Full HD (1020p). Instead of 3mins, have video file of 5mins. Your 5mins video will be around 275mb. I would advise you to have Transcend Drive Pro app in your mobile. I haven't seen anybody using 128GB Memory Card in DP220. May be compatibility issue.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:31   #165
BHPian

Quote:

I am using the Transcend 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I/U3 Memory Card with Adapter 95 Mb/s (TS64GUSDU3), purchased from Amazon. It then costed me Rs 3679.

I could not check how many hours, since I was loosing a lot of intermediate clips, upgrading the firmware did not help it. Which meant for example, I could see me leaving home, and then probably the next one used to be somewhere closer to office, with the in between lost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks