Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 21:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Did you check with Haresh Jethwani? Though he pushes Focal products but I sourced my 120.9 from him last year in November'14.
Costed around Rs. 9400/-(Not sure about current prices)
Haresh - 98-41-197787
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Get this with the Beat 1 amp. Hope it is the same dealer which sells both.

There is an Infinity 120.9W sub abroad through ebay which costs 16,700 Rs. Is it worth that much or can I get better subwoofers in India for that price by waiting a bit ?
Old 4th September 2015, 23:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ok great news. Rahul from gearheads is hooking me up with the Gladen RS 12 and Beat 1 + , yippeee.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
There is an Infinity 120.9W sub abroad through ebay which costs 16,700 Rs. Is it worth that much or can I get better subwoofers in India for that price by waiting a bit ?
Quote:
Ok great news. Rahul from gearheads is hooking me up with the Gladen RS 12 and Beat 1 + , yippeee.
StanJohn,

Do not source single drivers. The clearance between the voice coil and the magnet is very small and if the magnet gets knocked out of place due to poor handling it will rub against the voice coil. Re-coning is not a good option.

The RS12 and Beat 1+ will be adequate.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
StanJohn,

Do not source single drivers. The clearance between the voice coil and the magnet is very small and if the magnet gets knocked out of place due to poor handling it will rub against the voice coil. Re-coning is not a good option.

The RS12 and Beat 1+ will be adequate.
Thanks for that Info Navin , hopefully will get the RS 12 and Beat 1+ by this month end or early next month.

I need some help with buying decent wiring for all this. I want wires from head unit to both the 4 channel amp as well as mono amp and then the cables from the amps to 4 speakers and the sub.

The same dealers sourcing the sub and amp has kits from AIV brand but it seems a little expensive. Can I go with this itself or are there cheaper options ?

1) Fully assembled kit - 7300 Rs

2) 2 wiring kits+speaker wires - 7743 Rs

3) 1 wiring kit+speaker wires+semi assembled - 7561 Rs
Old 7th September 2015, 14:08   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The same dealers sourcing the sub and amp has kits from AIV brand but it seems a little expensive. Can I go with this itself or are there cheaper options ?

1) Fully assembled kit - 7300 Rs

2) 2 wiring kits+speaker wires - 7743 Rs

3) 1 wiring kit+speaker wires+semi assembled - 7561 Rs
What you need is any good ISI mark power cable (SWG 4) and a distribution box. Run one pair from the battery to the distribution box and then connect each amp to the distribution box.

Any zip cord will work for speaker wire
http://www.amazon.com/Audiopipe-Gaug...o+speaker+wire
Old 14th September 2015, 18:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you need is any good ISI mark power cable (SWG 4) and a distribution box. Run one pair from the battery to the distribution box and then connect each amp to the distribution box.

Any zip cord will work for speaker wire
http://www.amazon.com/Audiopipe-Gaug...o+speaker+wire
Can I buy the power cables and distribution box online from Indian portals ?

I found these Pyramid Speaker wires online but they are just 18 gauge and price seems expensive , are these ok for Speaker wires ?

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B014...sr=1-1-catcorr
Old 14th September 2015, 18:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

I bought Anchor 16sqmm cables for power and 2.5sqmm cables for speakers, perhaps you can do the same? Got the 2.5sqmm cables half the quantity in red and black so that marking polarities is easier. Power cable was 110rs per meter, 2.5sqmm was 17rs per meter, effectively making it 34rs per meter. Cheap enough and works fine for me

ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-img20150831wa0011.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I bought Anchor 16sqmm cables for power and 2.5sqmm cables for speakers, perhaps you can do the same? Got the 2.5sqmm cables half the quantity in red and black so that marking polarities is easier. Power cable was 110rs per meter, 2.5sqmm was 17rs per meter, effectively making it 34rs per meter. Cheap enough and works fine for me

Attachment 1414840
Thanks Sunny, but what ICE setup do you have in your car ?
Old 16th September 2015, 17:23   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can I buy the power cables and distribution box online from Indian portals ?
I do not understand the online world too well. I prefer to buy from a physical store. Maybe I am just old. I am the touchy feely type, and can tell good from average by touch and feel and maybe just some old fashioned experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I bought Anchor 16sqmm cables for power...
Sunny, just FYI. I find Anchor QC is erratic. I don't want to scare you but just make sure the packaging has authentic ISI marks on them and keep the bills.

Last edited by navin : 16th September 2015 at 17:24.
Old 17th September 2015, 08:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sunny, but what ICE setup do you have in your car ?
I'm building a budget 3 way active setup on my car. I'm currently running everything passive, I'm adding a 4 channel amp soon and making everything active. Hence the new wires!

Quote:
Sunny, just FYI. I find Anchor QC is erratic. I don't want to scare you but just make sure the packaging has authentic ISI marks on them and keep the bills.
Thanks for the heads up. I bought it from an Anchor authorised shop, just hope they are good enough!
Old 19th September 2015, 15:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not understand the online world too well. I prefer to buy from a physical store. Maybe I am just old. I am the touchy feely type, and can tell good from average by touch and feel and maybe just some old fashioned experience.
Ok Navin, I will check out some physical stores.

I was actually looking at a particular 4 channel amp , the JBL MS-A1004 Amplifier. How is this amp to power my Focal and JBL speakers. It looks too cool , does it perform as well as it looks ?
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:48   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was actually looking at a particular 4 channel amp , the JBL MS-A1004 Amplifier. How is this amp to power my Focal and JBL speakers. It looks too cool , does it perform as well as it looks ?
I thought you have a Pioneer GM-6200. What are you looking for? More power? More transparency? Thing is any amp that is going to give you a significant jump in SQ over the 6200 will cost upwards of 10K. Audison, JL 400/4, Infinity Kappa, etc. would be ones to consider.
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you have a Pioneer GM-6200. What are you looking for? More power? More transparency? Thing is any amp that is going to give you a significant jump in SQ over the 6200 will cost upwards of 10K. Audison, JL 400/4, Infinity Kappa, etc. would be ones to consider.
Yeah I have that amp but for SQ is it enough ? I was wondering if it would be good enough for the Focals. Its noise to signal ratio is low and I'm not sure if it will make any hissing noise etc.

If the 6200 is good enough I don't mind keeping it. Also if the Infinity kappa and JL's are considerably better than the 6200 I don't mind selling the 6200 and getting them as well.
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:06   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah I have that amp but for SQ is it enough ? I was wondering if it would be good enough for the Focals. Its noise to signal ratio is low and I'm not sure if it will make any hissing noise etc.

If the 6200 is good enough I don't mind keeping it. Also if the Infinity kappa and JL's are considerably better than the 6200 I don't mind selling the 6200 and getting them as well.
Stanjohn, did you hear the JBL MS-A1004? Let me tell you this. I got is straight from the horses mouth today. The Amp is a good one.

I have not heard it, but if the guy who told me (I cannot reveal my source but it was a 1-on-1 conversation) says it's good, then it must be good, he is a trustworthy bloke. In fact if you can get it at a good price, I'll be happy to buy 2 just as back up.

So in short try the 6200 and see if you are happy. If not try the JBL MS and if that is better keep that.

Last edited by navin : 23rd September 2015 at 12:10.
Old 23rd September 2015, 23:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stanjohn, did you hear the JBL MS-A1004? Let me tell you this. I got is straight from the horses mouth today. The Amp is a good one.

I have not heard it, but if the guy who told me (I cannot reveal my source but it was a 1-on-1 conversation) says it's good, then it must be good, he is a trustworthy bloke. In fact if you can get it at a good price, I'll be happy to buy 2 just as back up.

So in short try the 6200 and see if you are happy. If not try the JBL MS and if that is better keep that.
On purplekart , it's available for 17K. But I spoke to an owner who is a team-bhp member as well and he was like it's not really that special. I had a lengthy chat with him and he was like there isn't anything very special with it because

1) It's good only if you don't have a crossover setting in your HU but almost all after market HU's have cross over settings.

2) It's just as good as any other JBL amp , nothing special in it except it's looks and price.

When I checked reviews , it was all positive because the 2 Ohm rating is actually understated. It actually makes twice of what's claimed.

So now I guess I'm confused again as you're saying it very good. FYI he has all JBL speakers in his ICE setup.

Also when it comes to the price of 17K I think there are lot of other options as well like the Infinity kappa 4 , JL etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks