Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 10:42   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Digital designs AM1 with Rainbow DL-S12 . Will this gel well with rest of my set up which includes
Oem hu (will be upgrading to pioneer 2790 /5790) in a month or two .
Infinity kappa components and Polk rear coaxials powered by Acustika 90.4.
I have not heard of (leave alone heard) the Acustika 90.4.

Given that disclaimer, I don't see why not. It is pretty easy to integrate any decent subwoofer system to an equally decent midbass/tweeter.

I did find the 2790 and 5790 on the pioneer website. Both have 3 preouts so you should be ok. There is also a model 4790 which is between these 2 in feature set.
Old 6th October 2015, 10:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have not heard of (leave alone heard) the Acustika 90.4.

Given that disclaimer, I don't see why not. It is pretty easy to integrate any decent subwoofer system to an equally decent midbass/tweeter.

I did find the 2790 and 5790 on the pioneer website. Both have 3 preouts so you should be ok. There is also a model 4790 which is between these 2 in feature set.
Thank you Navin. Even I have my doubts about the Acustika one although I confirmed that it's legitimate model from their Facebook page . Anyways I would upgrade the 4 channel amp in due time .
How would you rate the cerwin vega vmax 124 with a cv xed 500.1 mono . This I had a chance to audition and they did sound great and good part I can save some money compared to the rainbow - dd combo . And I will order the pioneer 2790bt from Paytm due to some flash sale it's available for 14k .

Thanks .
Old 6th October 2015, 11:09   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How would you rate the cerwin vega vmax 124 with a cv xed 500.1 mono .
Sorry I have not heard either. Just FYI I am not a person professionally involved with any part of the audio industry. Never have been, probably never will either. Just an interested bystander.

I really don't have regular access to amps, speakers and head units which is why I like TBHP. The collective knowledge of all the members here is what we rely on.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:26   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I have not heard either. Just FYI I am not a person professionally involved with any part of the audio industry. Never have been, probably never will either. Just an interested bystander.

I really don't have regular access to amps, speakers and head units which is why I like TBHP. The collective knowledge of all the members here is what we rely on.
Yes of course the best part is the collective knowledge of the group and its always beneficial to have so many enthusiasts lending you a helping hand .

Really sorry if I have been asking too many questions about the ice upgrade but there are so many options available that it's really a tough decision to zero on one . Hope to finalise everything this weekend and I would let my ears and budget take the final decision .

Thanks

Last edited by soumen.blore : 6th October 2015 at 11:27. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 6th October 2015, 14:07   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes of course the best part is the collective knowledge of the group and its always beneficial to have so many enthusiasts lending you a helping hand .
No issues, I have no problems answering any question I am able to honestly answer. If I have not heard a speaker or an amp I say so directly. Sometimes we can tell the sound based on the manufacturer's reputation and knowledge of similar components. However I have not heard Cerwin Vega since the mid 80s (they made some rocking home audio speakers then).
Old 10th October 2015, 21:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you only have 2 amps SWG 4 is enough. If you want to be sure get SWG 2 but remember the thicker wire is also tougher to thread.
ICE'ing up my Hyundai Verna-mosconi-100.4-.jpg

So an update. I just saw the Mosconi 100.4 AS and totally fell in love with it. I just wanted to get it. But it's expensive ( 38K )for my budget , still I just love it . So am planning to get it

Now this changes few things , I need to upgrade my speakers as well.

So the new Focal 165 AS comps will be moved to the rear and I'm looking for some decent front components that will go well with the Mosconi.

I want a neutral speaker than laid back speaker so that it can play dynamic and laid back when needed. Thought of the Focals , but all focals are bright as per some people.

I have 2 options which are Rainbow SL C6.2 and Helix P236 which some say are neutral and will go well with the Mosconi's. Does anyone here have any experience with these speakers and how is it's performance ?

Also if you guy's have any other options I'm all ears.
Old 12th October 2015, 01:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Attachment 1425433

So an update. I just saw the Mosconi 100.4 AS and totally fell in love with it. I just wanted to get it. But it's expensive ( 38K )for my budget , still I just love it . So am planning to get it

Now this changes few things , I need to upgrade my speakers as well.

So the new Focal 165 AS comps will be moved to the rear and I'm looking for some decent front components that will go well with the Mosconi.
Hi are you planning to put rear component speakers . If yes where do you plan to install the rear twitters .
Old 12th October 2015, 12:18   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Attachment 1425433
So an update. I just saw the Mosconi 100.4 AS and totally fell in love with it. I just wanted to get it.

Thought of the Focals , but all focals are bright as per some people.

I have 2 options which are Rainbow SL C6.2 and Helix P236 which some say are neutral and will go well with the Mosconi's.
I have not heard the Helix and if the Soundline is anything like the Dreamline I'd say it should equal the Focal if not outperform it. I would not worry about the brightness though. Most speakers have a trim setting in the crossover that allow you to reduce the high frequencies (I think the Focal has a -3db option).

Quote:
Hi are you planning to put rear component speakers . If yes where do you plan to install the rear twitters .
Good point. Putting the rear door tweeter a bit too high would mean the rear tweeter will be closer than the front tweeter for the driver and the passenger (sitting in the front).

If you are putting components in the rear make sure they do not interfere with the soundstage of the front passengers.
Old 12th October 2015, 15:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

If you are putting components in the rear make sure they do not interfere with the soundstage of the front passengers.
Thanks. I'm planning to put the tweeters in such a way that it focuses only the rear passengers. Let me see how it sounds. If it interferes with the front , I may remove the tweeters from the rear.
Old 12th October 2015, 16:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I'm planning to put the tweeters in such a way that it focuses only the rear passengers. Let me see how it sounds. If it interferes with the front , I may remove the tweeters from the rear.
I will wait for you installation pictures and review about the final outcome of sound quality . I also have some plans to get my kappa components to rear and add a pair rainbow dreamline components at the front .
Old 12th October 2015, 21:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will wait for you installation pictures and review about the final outcome of sound quality . I also have some plans to get my kappa components to rear and add a pair rainbow dreamline components at the front .
Sure I will post it up, but it will take some time. Few stuff's like the Sound Line Speakers will be available only around Nov end.
Old 12th October 2015, 21:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Sure I will post it up, but it will take some time. Few stuff's like the Sound Line Speakers will be available only around Nov end.
I am waiting for the Christmas sale time can expect minimum 25% discounts on the high end speakers and amps .
Old 12th October 2015, 23:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am waiting for the Christmas sale time can expect minimum 25% discounts on the high end speakers and amps .
Hey , who gives 25% discount ? Do all brands get the discount ?
Old 13th October 2015, 11:26   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One option is to drop the tweeter location lower than the seat back level and fire the tweeter up towards the rear listener.
Old 13th October 2015, 20:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One option is to drop the tweeter location lower than the seat back level and fire the tweeter up towards the rear listener.
Thanks Navin. Will try that location.

Also do you have any idea about the Audio Frog Comps ? It's made by the same guy you spoke to , Mr. Andy. Prices are too expensive for me to afford , so I'm still in 2 minds about it. Even their segment lower GS series is too expensive. But online there seems to be a lot of positive reviews for natural and smooth sound from these.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks