Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:13   #136

Even in my system there is a noise from the tweeters but the installer had said that this is normal in systems with many amplifier and speakers. I dont think it is true. Could you give me details of the RK shop? Does he do good music system installation also?
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:25   #137
BHPian

Whine Silenced !!!

Hey buddy,

The whine in my set-up has vanished with due thanx to the Blau showroom at Bandra.

They added a filter element to the Hamburg unit ( thats what he told me and it looked like one ) to the HU and bingo - its opulent silence as required except for the ICE ofcourse.

Charge - " Zilch. Thank you for being a Blau-loyal customer Sir"

Maybe you should check these out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerm View Post
Its seems they dont want their trade secret out in the market
They charge too quiet a bit
I paid Rs 800 for rectifying the problem, .
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:31   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I have the same problem in my Swift. The battery is the original Amaron battery that came with the car. I not only have alternator whine but also when i switch off the system, it shuts off with a weird 'thud' sound. It is really really irritating.

Ive also noticed that in some cars, one can start the car without the music system shutting off at the time of firing the ignition. In others, like mine, the system shuts off when i fire the ignition. Why does this happen?
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Percon. We sell these at select JBL stores.

Hi Sam,

Got my system fitted at the JBL store at Bandra (W). I had fitted the following equipment from them as mentioned below: -

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-P7750MP (Now changed to Pioneer DEH-P6950UB)
Rear Spakers (Fitted on the parcel tray) - JBL GTO 936e (Now changed to JBL GTO 937)
Components in the front doors - JBL GTO 606Ce (Planning to change to JBL GTO 607)
Components in the rear doors - JBL GTO 606Ce (Planning to discard them)
4-channel Amplifier - JBL GTO 75.4
Monoblock Bass Amplifier - JBL GTO 301.1
Bass Tube - Infinity 1200

I spent almost 60k on the whole system. The sound is great but was very disappointed with the fitting. I have alternator whine and the 'thump' too. Spent around 2k only on the cables. Ive even showed the fitting to 'Bass and Trouble' and as a matter of fact still have to go to him and get the whole system re-fitted with better wiring. He could'nt believe that an authorised JBL store could do just a casual job and also mentioned that the wiring were not upto the mark and worth 2k. Ive also been told that i have too many speakers in the car and hence want to discard the rear components.

Kindly advise.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:15   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I have the same problem in my Swift. ... with a weird 'thud' sound. It is really really irritating.
Bad / wrong wiring.
Quote:
... in some cars, one can start the car without the music system shutting off ... the system shuts off when i fire the ignition. Why does this happen?
In one case the designer / installer thought nothing will happen if the HU is not turned off during cranking. In the others, that is the convention in most cars: all other electrical loads are requested to switch off when the engine is about to be cranked.

Last edited by DerAlte : 22nd May 2008 at 14:18.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:22   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sam,

Got my system fitted at the JBL store at Bandra (W). I had fitted the following equipment from them as mentioned below: -

Rear Spakers (Fitted on the parcel tray) - JBL GTO 936e (Now changed to JBL GTO 937)
Components in the front doors - JBL GTO 606Ce (Planning to change to JBL GTO 607)
Components in the rear doors - JBL GTO 606Ce (Planning to discard them)

4 Ive also been told that i have too many speakers in the car and hence want to discard the rear components.

Kindly advise.
Well i agree with Ajay(B&T) that you have way too many speakers in your car. You plan to discard the rear components?? Interesting!!!

I would rather keep the existing compos in the front and the rear doors in the stock locations and would rather discard the JBL GTO 937's from the rear deck. I say this coz you do have a sub in the boot therefore to attain better SQ i guess its best not to use a 6 X 9 rear speaker setup when you have a sub doing its duty(gurus, correct me if i am wrong).

As a matter of fact, i do not understand why did you even bother to upgarde from the the 936e to the 937 coz the 936e is a perfectly good speaker and is marginally inferior to the 937. I was going to upgrade from the 936e to the 937 in my ex-car (Esteem) when Sam advised me against it coz the 936e was perfectly good enough.

Now, you can power the front and rear compos in the doors with the GTO 75.4 and the Infinity Sub with the GTO 301.1 and you got a great system there.

Anyways, coming to your alternator whine/thud worries. I guess the culprit is a combination of a poor wiring and install job. I suggest you get the install re-done all over again through Ajay, his associate Zohir from "BOOM" is capable of doing some stellar jobs. You can use some good GZ/Illusion/Ichibahn wiring kits and i am sure you will be very very happy after that. And yes get some good amount of damping done as well.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd May 2008 at 15:28.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:01   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Well i agree with Ajay(B&T) that you have way too many speakers in your car. You plan to discard the rear components?? Interesting!!!

I would rather keep the existing compos in the front and the rear doors in the stock locations and would rather discard the JBL GTO 937's from the rear deck. I say this coz you do have a sub in the boot therefore to attain better SQ i guess its best not to use a 6 X 9 rear speaker setup when you have a sub doing its duty(gurus, correct me if i am wrong).

As a matter of fact, i do not understand why did you even bother to upgarde from the the 936e to the 937 coz the 936e is a perfectly good speaker and is marginally inferior to the 937. I was going to upgrade from the 936e to the 937 in my ex-car (Esteem) when Sam advised me against it coz the 936e was perfectly good enough.

Now, you can power the front and rear compos in the doors with the GTO 75.4 and the Infinity Sub with the GTO 301.1 and you got a great system there.

Anyways, coming to your alternator whine/thud worries. I guess the culprit is a combination of a poor wiring and install job. I suggest you get the install re-done all over again through Ajay, his associate Zohir from "BOOM" is capable of doing some stellar jobs. You can use some good GZ/Illusion/Ichibahn wiring kits and i am sure you will be very very happy after that. And yes get some good amount of damping done as well.

Cheers

Hi Prince,

As a matter of fact my original set up of the system were only the 04 components and sub. But for some reason, i found that the sound from the components were overpowered by the sub. I could hear more bass than the treble or vocals. I know i could reduce the bass but then it just was'nt sounding right. I was satisfied once i fitted the 936e and the sound was even more cleaner when i fitted the 937s. I listen to alot of hip-hop and like the lyrics and treble to be a wee bit more amplified than the bass. I like it all blended well together and none of them should overpower the other in any way.

I have to meet up with Ajay and get the system sorted as its been pending for ages.
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:09   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prince,

As a matter of fact my original set up of the system were only the 04 components and sub. But for some reason, i found that the sound from the components were overpowered by the sub. I could hear more bass than the treble or vocals. I know i could reduce the bass but then it just was'nt sounding right. I was satisfied once i fitted the 936e and the sound was even more cleaner when i fitted the 937s. I listen to alot of hip-hop and like the lyrics and treble to be a wee bit more amplified than the bass. I like it all blended well together and none of them should overpower the other in any way.

I have to meet up with Ajay and get the system sorted as its been pending for ages.

Well, treble and vocals are precisely the strong points and the main reasons of going in for a component set of speakers in the first place. It does this job far better than the 6 X 9's (given the same range of speakers) do.

The only place where the 6X9's are preferred is when you do not have a sub and you need some bass. This is where it scores over a 6.5" compo set. Otherwise, if your priority is a balanced system with good treble and vocals then the compo systems front and rear will do just that and then there is the sub/tube for the bass duty which you can always adjust to complement the comps as per your taste.

I am sure there was something wrong with the way the rear comps were setup/wired/tuned coz i cannot digest the fact the the 937's can sound musically better (in terms of vocals and treble) than the 606ce comps.

My two cents.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 22nd May 2008 at 19:12.
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:29   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I am sure that FM drive will be able to find out what RK did.

Hello Sir
Well I went to FM drive immediately for the tuning after the problem got rectified but they too could not figure out what the actual problem was.

Rgds

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmachinez View Post
Even in my system there is a noise from the tweeters but the installer had said that this is normal in systems with many amplifier and speakers. I dont think it is true. Could you give me details of the RK shop? Does he do good music system installation also?

HI M M
Well I am not too sure if he does good ICE installation but he is the best with car electricals for sure, he is located at Garage road at santacruz west its the lane opp Raheja college on.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd May 2008 at 17:20. Reason: posts merged: please use multi quote option
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:08   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerm View Post
he is located at Garage road at santacruz west its the lane opp Raheja college on.
you mean the road that has all those garages on it just after you turn left at Juhu/Aeroplane Garden?
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Well, treble and vocals are precisely the strong points and the main reasons of going in for a component set of speakers in the first place. It does this job far better than the 6 X 9's (given the same range of speakers) do.

The only place where the 6X9's are preferred is when you do not have a sub and you need some bass. This is where it scores over a 6.5" compo set. Otherwise, if your priority is a balanced system with good treble and vocals then the compo systems front and rear will do just that and then there is the sub/tube for the bass duty which you can always adjust to complement the comps as per your taste.

I am sure there was something wrong with the way the rear comps were setup/wired/tuned coz i cannot digest the fact the the 937's can sound musically better (in terms of vocals and treble) than the 606ce comps.

My two cents.

Cheers
Well Prince you could be right, but then imagine a system not set-up/wired/tuned right by the guys at the official JBL store!!! What a stain to the JBL name!!

I have also been told the same thing that components sound better and more refined than 6X9s, however i guess taste differs with different people or something wrong with my ears . But for some reason the system sounded better after installing the 6X9s. However, i will still visit Ajay and re-install the whole system and try it out with the 04 components combination and with 02 components & 02 6X9 combination; will check which sounds better again and then decide.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:22   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
you mean the road that has all those garages on it just after you turn left at Juhu/Aeroplane Garden?
Sir
Spot on exaclty the same place.
RK motors is the best guy in business when it comes to car electricals.
He also repairs ECM of all & any car/s.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:48   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Well Prince you could be right, but then imagine a system not set-up/wired/tuned right by the guys at the official JBL store!!! What a stain to the JBL name!!

Thats true! Why don't you contact our dear "Sam"? Maybe, just maybe he might be able to do something!

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd May 2008 at 16:55.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:12   #149
BHPian

Hi all,

Yerteday while changing the power cable in my ICE set up, I came across a new problem. There is a soft krrrrr like sound emanating from front speakers.

Earlier the amplifier was grounded to a point below the front seat (properly scratched).

What the installer did while changing the power cable was to connect the negative of battery to amplifier ground terminal and then take another ground wire from there to the chasis. (I hope I am making sense)

Is this the reason for the krrrr moise?

As for the whine I tried connecting a wire from HU ground to the chasis, but the whine remains. Please help.

My set up :

Amp : Blau GT4 MKII
Front Speakers : JBL GTO 427
Rears : JBL GTO 937.
Wiring Kit : Tsunami. (Now power cable changed to Polycab 16 sq mm)

TIA
Old 30th May 2008, 12:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

For me the 'krrrrrr' normally gets taken care of my grounding the HU Pre-Outs. Although it beats me, why it comes back at times.

The whine is more persistent in my case. Though I found a ray of hope yesterday. Switched on the ICE and AC on my way back from office and there was this pretty loud whine/gurgling noise even at idle. Normally the whine is audible above 2/2.5K rpm.

Opened the boot and rearranged the wires (am yet to clean up - since some DIY is pending). Basically tried to put some distance between the speaker wires/the amp power/ground wire and the RCAs.

Although they are routed through separate sides, there is a bit of overlap of a) power and speaker wire and b) speaker wire and RCA, near the amp.

Voila ! Rearranging reduced the sound to a large extent. I think I'll need to change to better RCAs. Speaker wires have already been upgraded to Illusions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks