Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2018, 21:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
The new maps for Creta are available on the website. Has anybody tried to update ?
Yes
I've update to the latest maps (4.72 GB)
It's version IN.10.47.50.530.1 (my old one was IN.08.47.52.550)
Few minor changes in the look of the UI
But unfortunately no android auto or apple car play.
Old 30th May 2019, 10:34   #17
BHPian

Guys, i am happy to report that the new update has Apple carplay & Android auto and works like a charm ! I got mine updated yesterday at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal.
silverblaze is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Guys, i am happy to report that the new update has Apple carplay & Android auto and works like a charm ! I got mine updated yesterday at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal.
Please mention the model year of your creta
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:06   #19
BHPian

Really good guide. Does the OS need to be also updated.
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Jan 2018 had some android auto and apple carplay update but many first gen Creta owners couldn't activate this feature and even the youtube uploaders confirmed that 2015 model Creta won't support this as it's hardware won't support this (this was what the SA said to me few years back).

Waiting to hear more updates from BHPian silverblaze so that we can get a clear picture. Hope it works out.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 15:19   #21
BHPian

Is it possible to get apple car play or android auto in a 2016 Hyundai Creta SX+?
Old 2nd June 2019, 22:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Jan 2018 had some android auto and apple carplay update but many first gen Creta owners couldn't activate this feature and even the Youtube uploaders confirmed that 2015 model Creta won't support this as it's hardware won't support this (this was what the SA said to me few years back).

Waiting to hear more updates from BHPian silverblaze so that we can get a clear picture. Hope it works out.

Mine is a 2016 Manufactured vehicle buddy.

BTW, i just checked the Hyundai website and the update does support android auto and apple carplay for first gen Cretas as well 😊

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd June 2019 at 23:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
silverblaze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 08:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, i just checked the Hyundai website and the update does support android auto and apple carplay for first gen Cretas as well 😊
If so, that would be great. When I checked map-care.com, they didn't mention anything about this feature for the 2015 model. They just highlighted few improvements in the latest update (screenshots below). Which site did you check?

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-a1.jpg

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-a2.jpg

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-a3.jpg

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-a4.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 09:20   #24
BHPian

You can checkout https://sync.hyundai.co.in/. They have all the info for any updates related to HU for all Hyundai cars in India.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 09:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
If so, that would be great. When I checked map-care.com, they didn't mention anything about this feature for the 2015 model. They just highlighted few improvements in the latest update (screenshots below). Which site did you check?

Attachment 1881305
As per site " *Android Auto is supported for Cars manufactured from April 2017 for Creta, Elite i20,i20 Active.

snapshot below.
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-capture.jpg
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:27   #26
BHPian

Its mentioned on the site for apple carplay as well. Surprisingly, its working in mine and my car is manufactured in Nov 2016.Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559537819.823706.jpg
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Its mentioned on the site for apple carplay as well. Surprisingly, its working in mine and my car is manufactured in Nov 2016.Attachment 1881357
Absolutely and it says so. When you go to compatibility and choose carplay, it lets you choose Creta 2015 model and in case you have updated the software to AVN_ 2017, what all will function in apple car play on Creta 2015 model is also listed on the site.

However, no such luck for android auto there.

Last edited by nkghai : 3rd June 2019 at 12:43.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 19:58   #28
BHPian

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-imageuploadedbyteambhp1559744828.338417.jpg here is the most recent update. Apologies for posting this a bit late.
Old 6th June 2019, 14:56   #29
BANNED

Quote:
here is the most recent update.
I too just updated the HU software now and was successful. It is the same version as you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
However, no such luck for android auto there.
+

Quote:
If so, that would be great.
My HU has been updated to the latest version. All images here from ownership log regarding the HU software update

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-0.-update-files-purchase-free.jpg

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-14.-version-no.-update.jpg

Device Info
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-1.-device-info.jpg

Version Info
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-2.-version-info.jpg

Quote:
Have sent you a PM. Please check.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 11:06   #30

Quote:
Jan 2018 had some android auto and apple carplay update but many first gen Creta owners couldn't activate this feature and even the Youtube uploaders confirmed that 2015 model Creta won't support this as it's hardware won't support this (this was what the SA said to me few years back).

I also recently updated the AVN on my June 2016 SX+ AT D Creta, with the hopes that it may get Carplay / Android auto updates. However I was not so lucky. During the last phase phase of update process, while "copying licence files", the display froze. The SE had to turn off the car, but the display still remained frozen. He had to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then restarted the car. The AVN worked normally, even the version information screen showed the new version. As per SE the update has happened without any issues. We never got any "SUCCESSFUL UPDATE" screen though.

Plus I've still haven't got any carplay / android auto, though there are a some changes in navigation. Strangely there is no pinch-to zoom either in maps.

I don't know what to expect. Are Gen 1 Creta owners going to get Carplay / Android auto or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_6094.jpg  

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_6102-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks