Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2019, 13:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software

I'm unable to register on the Map Care site - can anyone help? I've entered all my details but get the error "Car Purchase Date is incorrect. Please fill in the same Car Purchase Date as you registered." My date on my RC says 28 March 2016, and my invoice date is 26 March 2016. As per my VIN, the month and year of manufacturing is Mar 2016. I've tried every day in March but still get the same error.

[EDIT - SOLVED] Downloaded the Hyundai app and registered. Found that in my customer details the delivery date is shown as 28 April 2016 for whatever reason - tried that and it worked

Last edited by skiddyrow : 10th August 2019 at 14:04.
Old 11th August 2019, 10:25   #32
BHPian

Anyone facing issues in updating? Tried updating the same in my uncle's Creta and the system gets stuck during the "Carplay" upgrade or "Navi" upgrade.

Could it be that my flash drive is faulty or the ".hmnsdat" that's being written is corrupt? I don't suppose we can verify the SHA256 hash since it is probably different for diffferent people based on the VIN and serial number entered?
Old 11th August 2019, 17:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman. View Post
Anyone facing issues in updating? Tried updating the same in my uncle's Creta and the system gets stuck during the "Carplay" upgrade or "Navi" upgrade.

Could it be that my flash drive is faulty or the ".hmnsdat" that's being written is corrupt? I don't suppose we can verify the SHA256 hash since it is probably different for diffferent people based on the VIN and serial number entered?
Hey Iceman even I faced similar issues when upgrading the same. Request you to do a fresh download of the file on a different USB pendrive. Disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes before connecting the USB and will automatically detect the USB. Proceed with the instructions and complete the setup.
Old 11th August 2019, 17:57   #34
BHPian

I updated my maps from the India Map Care site. It has updated the maps to the latest version, but even though the application version also seems to be updated, I dont have any Carplay features. In the post update report as well, which came on screen for just a couple of seconds (so I couldnt take a pic), it showed that Boot, OS and others were not updated, just the maps. So my guess is that the application version is only the maps app version. If anyone has a guide to update the software version let me know - I saw an earlier post with SW Update in progress - for me it went straight to Navi update

I followed a different set of steps than the OP, so listing mine out in case anyone wants to try it.

1. Go to https://india.map-care.com/ and select, Hyundai > India
2. CLick on Register at the top, enter your email and password, and vehicle information. Model, Year, VIN (should be in your RC as Chassis number), Device ID (can be got from the Head Unit - on the maps page, click menu at the bottom right, then reset / info, and information) and car purchase date (for this I couldn't get the right date which was on RC / Invoice - none of them worked. I then downloaded the Hyundai app and registered, and found a different date under customer information. I used that and it worked)
3. Login and select your vehicle and model year and click search. Click on the head unit picture to select
4. It will show the map update with a purchase option at a cost of Rs.1500. Some have said a free option is available but I'm guessing that's only in the warranty period. Mine was not so I selected the online download option and purchase button - then followed the steps to purchase
5. Go to this page https://india.map-care.com/map/Guide and download the Smart Update Manager (for Windows or Mac) and install it
6. Format a USB with at least 8GB storage (I formatted to ExFat as some of the file sizes were large)
7. Open the application and login

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-01.jpg

8. On the next page you will see your vehicle information. Click on the Update button

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-02.jpg

9. Select the USB that you have plugged in and click OK

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-03.jpg

10. It will downlaod the updates and copy it to the USB. This took me a long time (3 hours). Not sure why but I have a 300Mbps connection so not a speed issue on my side. Looked to be downloading directly to the USB possibly creating a bottleneck or server speeds were slow.

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-04.jpg

11. Once done you will get a confirmation window to disconnect the drive. Close the window and disconnect your drive

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-05.jpg

12. Head to your car and plug in the USB and then start the car
13. The HU will boot and start the updates

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-07.jpg
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-08.jpg
14. This will take about 30 minutes. Keep the car running till it finishes. Once done you will get a quick confirmation screen and it will boot back.
14. Check version information in the maps menu to check if its updated

Before
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-06.jpg

After
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-09.jpg
skiddyrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 19:13   #35
BHPian

To add to the previous post, I found a folder in the USB after the update called update_result with the following file output, so it's quite clear the update from the India Map Care site updated only the maps and not the OS or Software. This is also possibly due to the fact that I did an update at my last service in March and that it was skipped because it was already on the latest version.

[BOOT] Skiped.
[OS] Skiped.
[SOFTWARE] Skiped.
[MAP] Done.
[Map License] Done.
[BDADDR] Skiped.
[MICOM] Skiped.

Last edited by skiddyrow : 11th August 2019 at 19:15.
Old 12th August 2019, 18:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon4888 View Post
Hey Iceman even I faced similar issues when upgrading the same. Request you to do a fresh download of the file on a different USB pendrive. Disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes before connecting the USB and will automatically detect the USB. Proceed with the instructions and complete the setup.
Thanks for this extremely helpful post, mate! I was able to get the update done using a different pendrive - seems that one specific drive was faulty. And I did disconnect the battery as well - was detected in a couple of minutes and it was a breeze then.
Old 18th August 2019, 16:48   #37

Can someone try the below steps for a free map upgrade. I have already upgraded before getting access to the Windows CE, hence not able to confirm. Please do it on your own risk. The steps are for only USB upgrade.

1. Download the map upgrade files from https://india.map-care.com/customer/MapList
Select the vehicle and model. Click the "Creta Map Upgrade" link. Download the below files.
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.zip
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.z01
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.z02
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.z03
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.z04
AVN_WIN_MTX_GS_GSp.z05

2. Unzip the files
3. Copy all the extracted files to the root of a pen drive. Insert the pendrive in USB slot.

4. Watch the below youtube video to get into Windows CE of the HU

5. Once you have exited into Windows, DoubleClick My Device. Use a pointed object like keys to click.
6. Open HardDisk folder and you can see all the copied files here.
7. Open Systems folder and double click Launcher.
8. Once the Launcher Opens, Click the Check Button.
9. If all checks have passed, click Back Button.
10. Click Force Upgrade.
11. Close the Force Upgrade window (x at the top). You will see the update process starting. Update process will take 30 minutes to complete.
Old 30th October 2019, 20:30   #38
BHPian

Has anyone managed to install android auto & carplay in a October 2016 or earlier Creta?
Old 6th June 2020, 13:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Has anyone managed to install android auto & carplay in a October 2016 or earlier Creta?
I just updated my Creta manufactured in Dec 2016 to the latest update available on the website. I can confirm that android auto is working on it. Also has apple car play and mirrorlink. When you select mirrorlink, android auto get deselected. Will post some photos
Attached Thumbnails
Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_20200606_102817.jpg  

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_20200606_103244.jpg  

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_20200606_1045422.jpg  

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_20200606_1158472.jpg  

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software-img_20200606_125807.jpg  

Last edited by Amsdoc : 6th June 2020 at 13:32.
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 20:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
I just updated my Creta manufactured in Dec 2016 to the latest update available on the website. I can confirm that android auto is working on it. Also has apple car play and mirrorlink. When you select mirrorlink, android auto get deselected. Will post some photos
Hi Amsdoc,
Hope you're doing well and safe.
CongratulationsCan you please share the process for this? Is it from one of the posts above?
TIA

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 6th June 2020 at 20:11.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 20:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amsdoc,
Hope you're doing well and safe. CongratulationsCan you please share the process for this? Is it from one of the posts above? TIA
Thanks Buddy. All good.
I used the same method as shown by skiddyrow above, using the SUM. Fairly straightforward. The USB loading takes up a fair bit of time. Mine was a USB 3, still took around an hour or so. The update in the car took about 20 mins in total. Rest all looks same to me but Android auto and google maps is a real boon. Wired connection with the USB though.

Hope it helps and works for you.
Old 12th June 2020, 00:04   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Thanks Buddy. All good.
I used the same method as shown by skiddyrow above, using the SUM. Fairly straightforward. The USB loading takes up a fair bit of time. Mine was a USB 3, still took around an hour or so. The update in the car took about 20 mins in total. Rest all looks same to me but Android auto and google maps is a real boon. Wired connection with the USB though.

Hope it helps and works for you.
Hi
Did you have to pay 1500rs to buy this? Also read on your thread that it's a 2017 model? I think it's not a challenge to install it in the 2017 model.
Old 12th June 2020, 00:16   #43
BHPian

Yes. I think 3 upgrades are free and mine unfortunately had those already. Honestly, using the SUM, it is a piece of cake. Not sure of compatibility but I took the chance and believe me it is totally worth it. Mine was bought by the first owner in mid 2017 but the production date of the model is Dec 2016, so not too far from yours.
Old 13th June 2020, 18:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Did you have to pay 1500rs to buy this? Also read on your thread that it's a 2017 model? I think it's not a challenge to install it in the 2017 model.
Hey ! Do you find the charges a little steep too ?

Mine is a 2016 March SX+ Automatic and I had been living in London for the past two years, the car was serviced regularly but the maps seem to have not been updated because no one paid attention to it and the less said about the service center the better.

I am pretty sure that Android Auto/Carplay will not make it to my HU, but my HU was also replaced by Hyundai under warranty sometime in 2017, so confused if its worth spending any money on it at all.

Last edited by Jag4 : 13th June 2020 at 18:14.
Old 13th June 2020, 23:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Hey ! Do you find the charges a little steep too ?

Mine is a 2016 March SX+ Automatic and I had been living in London for the past two years, the car was serviced regularly but the maps seem to have not been updated because no one paid attention to it and the less said about the service center the better.

I am pretty sure that Android Auto/Carplay will not make it to my HU, but my HU was also replaced by Hyundai under warranty sometime in 2017, so confused if its worth spending any money on it at all.
+1 one on the lack of initiative by service center. My car is a 2016 October model. I took it for a service last at the age of 3 years + few days in 2019 October and was told I can't get a free update anymore because I crossed 3 years. Accordingly, they should have updated it themselves atleast once over three years right?

Anyway, didn't pay the 1500 to them because service center being center, wasn't sure if it'll get me AA or not.

My analysis-
1. Sometime in Jan 2017 Hyundai had printed newspaper ads showing the new AA features. Going through a few posts here, I think Dec 2016 cars also manage to update to them.
2. Not sure if November 2016 or earlier cars can update and get the features. If I'm feeling exceptionally rich, will buy it and let you know if it works. Happy for you to take up this investment/ experiment too . But seriously, I think you should be able to update and get the features if it's a 2017 HU. Just check your version number and compare to the past previous posts. Amsdoc's version (got AA) was different from Skiddyrow's (didn't get AA).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks