Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2006, 16:36   #76
BHPian

hi,,,
1st of all,,, i dont dislike jbl,,, or as a matter of fact any brand in such,,
i have 2 pcs of jbl bass tube, 2nd hand in stock,,with me,, and yes i am offering them at 50% on the mrp,,,as a matter of fact i have a lot of used stuff with me couse a lot of people keep oin upgrading,,,so that does not mean,,that i dont like jbl!!!,, but i dont have it in my car as well,,"
and panky if u wnat to buy it,, u can pm me or call me,, no prob,,
GRANT ki kassam,,,,
regards,,
driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I want 2 tubes....in case the deal is still is on.

Ggoyal: I'll go for JBL anyday. I have Pio 6100F feeding JBL GTO 637 (if i remember correct) 6.5" front comps...I am NOT satisfied the way they sound. am shortly planning to upgarde to JBL GTO 75.4 II.
Old 6th December 2006, 20:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
hi,,,
1st of all,,, i dont dislike jbl,,, or as a matter of fact any brand in such,,
i have 2 pcs of jbl bass tube, 2nd hand in stock,,with me,, and yes i am offering them at 50% on the mrp,,,as a matter of fact i have a lot of used stuff with me couse a lot of people keep oin upgrading,,,so that does not mean,,that i dont like jbl!!!,, but i dont have it in my car as well,,"
and panky if u wnat to buy it,, u can pm me or call me,, no prob,,
GRANT ki kassam,,,,
regards,,
driven
You sure like commas.
Old 6th December 2006, 21:45   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Boss, everybody knows, I like Driven. He is the funniest man in Delhi. Waaaay more humorous than anyone else I know.

I think i would like to put Driven in my car at 50% discount, now that's TRUE In-car entertainment.
Manik tu mera sahi yaar hai. and a good salesman too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoyal_83 View Post
...dont go for JBL.

Showed me lots of JBL bass tubes. willing to sell them off for 50% of MRP.
I knew you would never say rubbish things like that

Let's go Back to audio now....

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th December 2006 at 21:51.
Old 8th December 2006, 00:24   #79
BHPian

Music Rediscovered!!!!!

Finally, finally, I AM IN th club!!!!

m now a proud owner of ALPINE MRV-F340 amp and HERTZ SK-165 component speakers.

I went to DRIVEN today. First thing he did was throw away my present ICE (except for HU). Loss of 6K!!!!

Then he installed the new heart of my ICE - THE AMP!!!! Really seems like a powerhouse.

Then came the speakers. earlier I had 4 speakers in my car. he threw all of them and installed HERTZ components.

Mannnn....the sound clarity is awesome!!! 10 times better than my JBL 4" + Chinese Pioneer 350W.

All wiring - AUDISON...6.5K approx.

I never knew in car music could be so sweeeettt yet powerful.

amp - 12K
comps - 8.8K
wiring - 6.5K
misc. -.7K

TOTAL: 28K

And all I bought were 2 speakers and an amp!!!

but a small problem: the installation guys blew of some fuse. Now my power windows and power steering are not working!!!

Last edited by adya33 : 11th December 2006 at 22:30.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:33   #80
BHPian

Congrates on ICEing ur car!

Quote:
but a small problem: the installation guys blew of some fuse. Now my power windows and power steering are not working!!!
that may happen sometime.My installer forgot to put back wiring for AC/heater and fan when i ICEd my car and next day early morning i had to travel 150km in a foggy day without all this.
Get back to ur installer he will fix it.
Old 8th December 2006, 12:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

ggoyal, congrats on the new setup! Which series of Hertz did you install? DSK (Dieci series) series, or ESK (Energy series)? I'm asking because you mentioned 8.8K for the comps. If it's the ESK (which I think it is) you must not be using rear-fill? And I guess Driven has bi-amped the components?

Enjoy your music :-)
Old 8th December 2006, 13:06   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Finally, finally, I AM IN th club!!!!
Welcome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoyal_83
m now a proud owner of ALPINE MRV-F340 amp and HERTZ SK-165 component speakers.
Which SK??? DSK? ESK? HSK?? I assume it is ESK!! The yellow cones!!
Quote:
I went to DRIVEN today. First thing he did was throw away my present ICE (except for HU). Loss of 6K!!!!
That's something you should be very happy of!!!
Quote:
Then he installed the new heart of my ICE - THE AMP!!!! Really seems like a powerhouse.
It's a good amp. Pity, Alpine doesn't make them anymore.
Quote:
Then came the speakers. earlier I had 4 speakers in my car. he threw all of them and installed HERTZ components.
Mannnn....the sound clarity is awesome!!! 10 times better than my JBL 4" + Chinese Pioneer 350W.
You can't compare between the earlier and the latter!! That's like throwing an Alto away and getting a Corolla!!! And doing comparison between them!!
Quote:
All wiring - AUDISON...6.5K approx.
Wisely spent!!
Quote:
I never knew in car music could be so sweeeettt yet powerful.
Atleast, now you know! There're many out there who don't know still and don't want to either!!
Quote:
amp - 12K
comps - 8.8K
wiring - 6.5K
misc. -.7K
TOTAL: 28K
And all I bought were 2 speakers and an amp!!!
It's money spent well!! Now, close your windows and enjoy the sound!!!
Quote:
Get to Driven fast and sort it out!!

PS> Be careful with the smilies!! You'll get some shakes from the Mods!! LOL!!

Last edited by speedzak : 8th December 2006 at 13:08.
Old 8th December 2006, 14:43   #83
BHPian

Name's ESK...Hertz ESK!!!!!

Comp series is ESK-165.

Yes...I do feel a need for rear fill...seems kind of empty without rear speakers. After all, I was used to rear fill music for 5 years.

Driven is saying once I install an amp, i wont feel the need. And in the meanwhile if I want rear fill, then he will convert my JBL CS-2065 in satellite speakers (by putting them in a customized box and hanging them from the roof). is it advisable??? will they do a good job???
Old 8th December 2006, 14:51   #84
BHPian

wow wow wow....that was quite a scolding. AND SAM'S LAST REPLY WAS REALLY SOMETHING........I touched the wrong nerve by comparing JBL with Hertz!!!

Is it not allowed for one person to start 2 threads??? didint know about this rule...wont break it again!!!!
Old 8th December 2006, 15:04   #85
BANNED

Quote:
wow wow wow....that was quite a scolding. AND SAM'S LAST REPLY WAS REALLY SOMETHING........I touched the wrong nerve by comparing JBL with Hertz!!!

Dude! Atleast you learnt about different brands and stuff etc... LOL!!
And indeed Sam's reply was good enough to explain it.

There's nothing like touching the wrong nerve.... etc.. Just that Brand centric discussions will be a whole lot controversial.
Nice you know now!!! And let's just stop it there!!

Regarding your rear fills, no need for boxes, satelites etc..
I'll suggest you to fit in a pair of co-axials in the rear somewhere (preferably in the rear doors).
Even the 4" will be just ok! And a 6" will be far better!
Get a matching speaker to your front components if you're getting new ones or just stick with your old 4".
Old 11th December 2006, 11:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

@ggoyal_83 : Similar thing happend with me when my friend went to get front components for his Getz, the installer was suggesting him Hertz, Kicker & soundstream speakers\componants as he said they were better(yes thats what he told him) when I talked to him & threw some jargons read models numbers for the comps(Thanks to Sam) & few stuff like front sound stage blah blah(thanks to ICE forum at TBHP ) He then said yes JBL are good but the others are good too & somewhat better.
My friend was a confused soul as I was talking to the dealer on his fone. Hi budget was actually for just a pair of speakers was getting alpine coaxs for around 2k I think. I knew what kind of music he listens to & was firm on JBLs.

To cut the long story short my friend is extremly happy for the money he spent(other were expensive) & thanks me till date. So like others said to each his own :-)
Old 11th December 2006, 15:22   #87
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Audio is a (partly) subjective science. Once a speaker or amp or any other component is well designed and built a listener's preference is subjective also becasue I believe that we are unable to objectively qualify the differences heard (between any 2 components). By this I mean that all the FFTs and 3D spectrum analyses in the world cannot prove with 100% (or maybe even 80%) accuracy that one brand will sound "better" than another (this is befre we even get into a discussion as to what "better" means).

Why JBL, Infinity, Revel, etc.. for example are all made by Harman Intl. People grow accustomed and know what to expect when one says JBL or Infinity; and HK wants to retain all it's user base. In fact the old men here will remember definitions like "East Coast", "West Coast", and "British" sound.

Now mix in the vaguries of install, application, enviroment, etc.. and all Hell breaks loose. This is why we try to avoid comparing brands (esp the reputed ones). Suffice to say we do recommend avoiding a few (Boss, Xplod, etc...).

Last edited by navin : 11th December 2006 at 15:24.
Old 11th December 2006, 21:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ggoyal for your new ICE dude its..kewl...

dis was the System i had in my 3rd Hand LITTLE 1997'March Model Zen....
ImageShack - Hosting :: zensystemgu6.jpg

The reason i sold it.. was just because of this setup which cracked my rear windshield.. and entire car became to noisy and uncomfortable to ride..lolz

__________________________________________________ ____________
1998 City 1.3,2001 Ikon EXI 1.3,2003 Maruti Omni,2005 Accent GLS,2006 Accord 2.4 i-vtec,2006 Merc c-Class
Old 11th December 2006, 23:15   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
dis was the System i had in my 3rd Hand LITTLE 1997'March Model Zen....
ImageShack - Hosting :: zensystemgu6.jpg

The reason i sold it.. was just because of this setup which cracked my rear windshield.. and entire car became to noisy and uncomfortable to ride..lolz
are those 4 subs ... and your still able to hear people talk???????..well I dont blame teh windsheld for giving up....
Old 11th December 2006, 23:48   #90
Senior - BHPian

HU DEH-6750...Pioneer Satellite Speakers...Pioneer 6995 4-way...3 x 12"inch and 1 x 15" with 2 amplifiers in front and 2behind the box and 1 each under the seat...with those in a small baby zen you cant hear the sound but you can feel it.... rest if you wanted to hear the song clearly you have to go 10feet away... dats what i had bought a 3rdhand zen...I could really feel my head spining after playing a full single house track...posting the cars pic which i had.

ImageShack - Hosting :: zen1kt7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: sidespl7.jpg

__________________________________________________ ___________
1998 City 1.3,2001 Ikon EXI 1.3,2003 Maruti Omni,2005 Accent GLS,2006 Accord 2.4 i-vtec,2006 Merc c-Class

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks