Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 19:41   #1
BHPian

Suugestion for 4 ch. amp & SW

i own a zen. my ICE is as follows:

HU: Sony 350
front: JBL speakers. dun rem the series. price Rs. 2500.
rear: Pioneer 6"x9" oval

now i wanna buy an amp and SW in phases.

budget max. 12K - 20K total. but wud like to keep it cheap coz i want to buy OHC next yr.

i guess JBL bass tube 10" or 12" wud be suitable. but which amp shud i go for??

and this amp shud b connected to SW only or to rear or front speakers too??

one more question: how can i chek whether my pioneer speakers r priginal or chinese? they r grey mkt stuff.

ALSO RECOMMEND ME an ICE DEALER IN DELHI/NOIDA!!!!
Old 27th November 2006, 19:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello ggoyal,

Firstly, sms language is not permitted on this forum. A moderator will be along to explain that shortly to you. Please read the rules.

To tell you the truth I am trying to decipher what you have written. I can't. Old age I guess.
Old 27th November 2006, 20:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoyal_83 View Post
HU: Sony 350
front: JBL speakers. dun rem the series. price Rs. 2500.
rear: Pioneer 6"x9" oval

now i wanna buy an amp and SW in phases.

budget max. 12K - 20K total.
Pardon me if I read your post wrong. SMS does not suit me and thankfully we at TBHP prefer not to use it. So please try to use The Queen's English the next time.

For 20K you can get a good 4 ch amp and a sub. use the amp for the front speaker and sub and let the HU drive the rears.

For the amp I would choose between the Pio 6100/6200, JBL 60.4/75.4 or Sony's SD series 4 ch amp. Budget about 10-13K (the 75.4 might run about 3K more).

for the sub I'd choose between a JBL GT 4-12 etc....., Alpine Type R or Hertz Energy series. Budget about 6.5-8K.
Old 27th November 2006, 20:38   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hey GGoyal welcome to team-bhp please read the rules and post introduction first.

The amp + sub combi question has been repeated too many times if you use the search function you will find answers to all your questions.

Reliable ICE dealer in noida >>> Car Raunaq Sector 16, this shop is behind the Haveli Resturant. Get in touch with Salim or Mahesh you could take references of Sunny, akrant, abhimanyu, manveet for better pricing!!

Have fun.
Old 27th November 2006, 23:06   #5
BHPian

MODIFIED suggestions for 4 ch. amp & subwoofer

Sorry ppl (oops...people)....didint go through the rules. Will adhere to them from now!!

MY INTRO:
I am Gaurav Goyal. Live in Noida. Own an MPFI Zen 2003 model. am totally in love with it!!!
Been going thorugh team-bhp forum for long long time. This is my first post.

My so-called ICE:

HU: Sony 350...before this i had sony 640X. now i am regretting by changing the HU. 350's amplifier is aweful. No bass as compared to 640X. Tried all the settings.

Front Speakers: JBL basic.

Rear Speakers: Pioneer 6x9 350W (guess those are 2185).

QUESTIONS ------------>>>>>>>>

1) Now i want to buy an amp and sub woofer in phases.
Budget is maximum 12K - 20K total. But would like to keep it cheap because i want to buy OHC (Original Honda City) next year. Will spend lacs on modifying it!!!!!

I guess JBL bass tube 10" or 12" would be suitable. but which amplifier should i go for??

2) and this amp should be connected to sub woofer only or to rear or front speakers too??

3) one more question: how can i check whether my pioneer speakers are original or chinese? they r grey market stuff.

4) ALSO RECOMMEND ME an ICE DEALER IN DELHI/NOIDA!!!!

I was told to explore other threads. I have been doing it for last 4 days, but could not make out what to go for. Thats why I asked for suggestions.

SUGGESTIONS I RECEIVED:

Amp:
Pioneer 6100/6200, JBL 60.4/75.4 or Sony's SD series 4 ch amp.

Subwoofer: JBL GT 4-12 etc....., Alpine Type R or Hertz Energy series. (6.5-8K)

I am advised to connect the front speakers and sub to the amplifier. But the thing is, I dont find my Hu good enogh to drive rear speakers. Should I switch over to 640X or should I connect amp to rear instead of front????
Old 28th November 2006, 00:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoyal_83 View Post

SUGGESTIONS I RECEIVED:

Amp:
Pioneer 6100/6200, JBL 60.4/75.4 or Sony's SD series 4 ch amp.

Subwoofer: JBL GT 4-12 etc....., Alpine Type R or Hertz Energy series. (6.5-8K)

I am advised to connect the front speakers and sub to the amplifier. But the thing is, I dont find my Hu good enogh to drive rear speakers. Should I switch over to 640X or should I connect amp to rear instead of front????
Welcome to T-BHP, Gaurav!

The suggestions you got are good. 7k for sub + 9K for 4 channel amp (eg. JBL CS60.4) should be what you'll be looking at spending. You can't go wrong with a JBL Sub/Bass tube or a Hertz Sub. Hertz will likely run to 8-8.5K of you're looking at the 12" Energy series models. You'll need to spend about Rs.3000.00 on quality wiring (Audison/Scosche/JBL) to get the best out of your system. This should keep within the 20K budget.

You can always carry over the amp and the sub to your NHC when you buy it. Better to buy good stuff now and use it for a longer time (by moving it to the new car), than buy not-so-good stuff now and sell it at a loss with the car in a year or so.

Don't amp your rear speakers if you are adding a Sub+Amp. Amp the front speakers with 2 channels of the amp, and bridge the remaining 2 channels in the amp and feed the sub.

I think you'll need to set the gains (for the channels feeding the front speakers) in the amp a little low, if you are using the entry-level JBLs in front.

If you can (this is just a suggestion), upgrade your front speakers to components (JBL CS2165C at 4990/- will be good) when you can. This will give you really good sound from the front, which will be supported by the rear speakers and the sub.

You'll just need supporting fill from the rear speakers after you add the sub and amp the front speakers. I'm sure your current HU will be up to the task. The Sub will take care of the bass, so no problems there.

Enjoy your install, and do let us know what you've decided to buy.
Old 28th November 2006, 00:40   #7
BANNED

JBL GTO range of components are available for 5.3k+!
So, it's not worth going for CS series of components.

Contact Driven for an ideal setup to your car! He is somewhere in Mayapuri I think. (Guys! Dont fume at me if I am not correct with the geography!!).
Old 28th November 2006, 01:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you want to PM Driven click here.

I got mine Pioneer 6200 4 Channel amp for 7K. Its Value for money.

If you can then install Comps in front. and connect front and sub to amp.

Mugen.
Old 28th November 2006, 02:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav - I would say buy the JBL 10" bass tube for 4990/- and the Pioneer 6200 amp for about 7-7.5k. Then get a set of component speakers for the front which should cost around 4-5k. So total expenditure comes to about 16-17k. Rest of the budget can be used for wiring & install.

Power the front components & bass tube by the amp, let the rears be run off the head unit. I think for a small car like the Zen this setup should give you pretty good sound.
Old 28th November 2006, 10:48   #10
NIP
Senior - BHPian

get the JBL 75.4 amp for the front and SW. get any sub that sounds good. personally, i have been using a pio 12" for close to 7 years (zen) and its still going strong. IMHO, even a 10" sub will sound awesome in a zen on account of the small shell of the car and should also easily fit into your budget also. install should be done as navin suggested...please dont listen to everything your installer says...
Old 28th November 2006, 11:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi ggoyal,

Well all of the above suggestions by the bhpians are very nice and awsome and if you would like to go for a real cheaper and good sound may be you can try out the 4channel a/d/s 230 x 4watts car amplifier bridgeable which will cost you about 8.5k approx and a 1000watts kicker subwoofer DVC for about 3.4k approx.

You may attach the front speakers to the rear channel of your deck and tweeters(if you have) to the front channel of the deck keeping the (+) (-) in series and then you may attach the 1/2channel of the amplifier to the rear speakers and 3/4channel in bridge to your subwoofer, approximately it will give a power of about 500watts to your subwoofer and get a good ground effect and clarity.

Thanks regards,

Ramie
__________________________________________________ _____________
Never go above 60inCITY
Old 28th November 2006, 13:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hi ggoyal,

4channel a/d/s 230 x 4watts car amplifier bridgeable

Hey are you sure that, a/d/s manufactures amps?... i checked their website and there is no mention about the amps... their product catalogue contains only component speakers and sub woofers!...

EDIT:...
hmm... errr..... forgive me... I found the amp link.... but only their manuals were found in the website...
ADS
wondering why they didnt have it in their product catalogue?..... have stopped producing them?

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 28th November 2006 at 13:39. Reason: Found the amp link in the website
Old 28th November 2006, 13:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Antonichen,

Yes ADS produces car amplifiers and have about 5 models from 250watts approxin 2channel with 1360watts approx 6channel range and very affordable and durable 4 of their amplifiers are Transparent and mosfet based yo get these amplifiers in Mumbai and for 1 subwoofer setup its pretty good and attractive also with good illumination.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Never go above 60inCITY
Old 28th November 2006, 21:28   #14
BANNED

Sounds strange!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hi ggoyal,

a 1000watts kicker subwoofer DVC for about 3.4k approx.

You may attach the front speakers to the rear channel of your deck and tweeters(if you have) to the front channel of the deck keeping the (+) (-) in series and then you may attach the 1/2channel of the amplifier to the rear speakers and 3/4channel in bridge to your subwoofer, approximately it will give a power of about 500watts to your subwoofer and get a good ground effect and clarity.

Kicker Subwoofer for 3.4K???? What model? Where do you get it from?

The wiring you've explained seems a bit different from what we normally see. Why and what are the benefits going this way?

Last edited by speedzak : 28th November 2006 at 21:30.
Old 28th November 2006, 22:09   #15
BHPian

so there are basically 3 brands of amps recommended:

JBL
Kicker
ADS

Kicker n ADS r quite cheap as compared to JBL!! Does that mean quality comes at a cost or r these guys only charging for brand name???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks