Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 13:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO8627 is american issue for Ford.
That was why the 5X7 was disconned. I've been told the GTO8627 is a direct fot, no spacers for the fiesta.

Now if i can only hear them in a fiesta I'd tell you how they sound in the car. However like B&T said, they are GTO 7 series, so can't be bad.
Old 5th January 2007, 15:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

If the Fiesta does not have componnet tweeter locations and youhave no deisre to spend about 7K on a decent amp just get the ODx or GTO from Blau/JBL. Any more and you might as well go for the components.
Old 15th January 2007, 15:56   #18

I got a pair of GTO 8627 installed in the front, as advised. Two problems with this:
1. There is lot of distortion of the bass at high volume (>50% of max)
2. Even at low volume, I need to keep the fader slightly towards the rear to avoid the distortion. I bought the JBL from an auth dealer (with a receipt/ warranty etc), so I'm sure they are the real thing.
As the speakers are a direct fit, no spacers/packing required/ provided. I decided against putting any additional packing, as the gap between the speaker and the door grill is not very large.
What can I do to solve this problem?
Old 15th January 2007, 16:12   #19
Team-BHP Support

1. does it sound like the woofer is "slapping"? can you describe the distortion?
2. will you dealer let you try oout teh Blau ODx 5x7s instead?
3. since your front and rear are the same size (I think they are, right?) why not switch them and see if it helps.
Old 6th April 2007, 20:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

sorry is this is a bit OT, but i had a query about the OE HU that comes with the fiesta 1.6 sxi. quite frankly, its not that great. looks pretty plain jane, has no mp3/wma compatibilty and no aux out port. the only saving grace is the 6 CD in-dash changer.
now ford won't sell the car without this, and refuse to buy it back from the customer. so, is there any demand for these units in the after-market? i know the system sounds pretty good so there has to be some merit to it. not sure what brand it is.. wasnt written on the unit.
any suggestions on what i can do?
Old 7th April 2007, 10:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
...its not that great. looks pretty plain jane, has no mp3/wma compatibilty and no aux out port. the only saving grace is the 6 CD in-dash changer...., is there any demand for these units in the after-market? i know the system sounds pretty good ...
So you have a HU that look plain and sounds good. You know how rare that is. Most HUs are the other way around!

There is no market for these after market HUs (Innova, Corolla, Fiesta, Opel Astra, etc..) and never will be. I know dealers who wont mind selling these HUs for Rs. 500-1000. just to clear up their showroom.

If seems like all you want is more features.
Old 7th April 2007, 11:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So you have a HU that look plain and sounds good. You know how rare that is. Most HUs are the other way around!
actually, i wouldn't mind a good looking HU to liven up the dash (without compromising on the quality of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If seems like all you want is more features.
Yup... especially the mp3/wma abilities , and possibly the ipod compatibility. i can live without the latter, but the mp3 thing is important.

now u say that the market is pretty much non-existent for these systems... so that leaves me in the lurch. one of the comments i found consistent from fiesta owners is that while the audio is decent, it won't satisfy someone who is more demanding...

kind of a tricky situation. there are so many fiesta's on the road... i'm sure i'm not the first person to ponder over this. has anyone changed the stock HU?
Old 7th April 2007, 12:49   #23
Team-BHP Support

Yes, Mad Monkey has. PM him.
Old 7th April 2007, 13:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

thx navin. i have PM'ed him. meanwhile, if anyone else has any suggestions please do chip in. Thanks!
Old 4th July 2007, 22:05   #25

good audio systeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The same speaker fits on the rear and the front of the Ford Fiesta.
just got ford fiesta 1.4 today, advise me which hu and speakers should i prefer. my budget is 17000/-.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:02   #26

Kool bud
I personally believe in one brand setup
1. since u already have GT572 its better to be with blau GTc 172 which is 6.5'' comp(2950/-) and should work fine with bahamas. OR THc 172/662 (4750/-) without amps.
2. ODx 573(90w/270 Rs5400/-) will require amps.

you know best 'bout your taste....so over to u
Old 5th July 2007, 14:09   #27

Kool........I jumped int too late I guess...
In an audio set up having two different brands at front and rear are never...never...never advisable... now you'll have compatibility problem...I dunno how people advised you for a JBL when they knew you have a BLU at rear...........??????????
Old 16th July 2007, 22:17   #28

which speakers?

i would like to know which 5x7 speakers i should go for ? blaupunkt or jbl ? when installing front speakers should i use dynamat for the whole front doors or only on part where speakers are going to be placed? my car is fiesta?
need urgent advise
thankyou
Old 19th July 2007, 17:58   #29

[i would like to know which 5x7 speakers i should go for ? blaupunkt or jbl ? when installing front speakers should i use dynamat for the whole front doors or only on part where speakers are going to be placed? my car is fiesta 1.4 zxi
need urgent advise
thankyou
Old 19th July 2007, 22:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshp View Post
[i would like to know which 5x7 speakers i should go for ? blaupunkt or jbl ? when installing front speakers should i use dynamat for the whole front doors or only on part where speakers are going to be placed? my car is fiesta 1.4 zxi
need urgent advise
thankyou
Not much to differentiate - individual choice, and both are good. Instead, go for the better deal. Both are anyway with proper b&w, no? Did you listen to both?
It is better to get the whole of the front door done instead of only the speaker area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks