Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 12:34   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can't we just change the HU in the Fiesta 1.6? Will it affect the sound quality? I am quite happy with the existing sound, so it may make sense to just change the HU, while retaining the speakers and other units---not sure if there is an amp delivered.
I dont thik Fiesta speakers are much to write about eaither and they definitely dont provide an amp as standard equipment.
Old 9th February 2008, 20:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attakasa_paiyan View Post
does the dealer fitted kenwood on 1.4 Zxi plays MP3 format? or just plain audio CD only?
NO, its does not play MP3. Even i have Fiesta but had to change it cause it does not play MP3
Quote:
Can't we just change the HU in the Fiesta 1.6? Will it affect the sound quality? I am quite happy with the existing sound, so it may make sense to just change the HU, while retaining the speakers and other units---not sure if there is an amp delivered.
Yes u can allways change the stock system from ur fiesta and buy a good HU like Pioneer,Alpine etc. If you are happy with the sound then only change the HU.
Old 10th February 2008, 01:40   #48

So any best ICE setup for fiesta without compromising the stock look around 15k budget
Guys pls suggest preferrably with an USB input (Willing to stretch budget about 2-3k)
Also any reliable ICE dealers in bangalore, I am looking hear from guys who already did installed
Old 10th February 2008, 12:12   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
NO, its does not play MP3. Even i have Fiesta but had to change it cause it does not play MP3
huh but that model kenwood MP333 says it plays WMA & MP3 formats?
Old 15th March 2008, 15:18   #50
BHPian

My dealer fitted Kenwood MP3036 HU with 4 50W speakers.It plays MP3 & WMA.The speakers aren't too bad,but am looking to change it to JBL alongwith a 10" sub.
Can't a sub be fitted directly in the rear metal tray without having to use an enclosure?Of course the metal tray needs to be cut to accomodate the sub?Will sound quality suffer if I choose to use my trunk as an enclosure?
I've seen Ford Ikons fitted with 12" subs on the tray.I this possible in a Fiesta?
Old 15th March 2008, 18:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
... Can't a sub be fitted directly in the rear metal tray without having to use an enclosure?Of course the metal tray needs to be cut to accomodate the sub?Will sound quality suffer if I choose to use my trunk as an enclosure?...
Of course you can do it with appropriate cutting. It is called IB (Infinite Baffle) mounting. Not all subs will be suitable - you have to look for a sub which specifically states "Free Air" or "IB / Infinite Baffle" mounting.

The sound from this arrangement will not be as tight as from a sealed or ported box, but not that it will be an unmusical sound.
Old 21st March 2008, 17:38   #52
BHPian

DerAlte,it'd be great if you could give me some model names-for the "Free Air" or "IB / Infinite Baffle".I am going to do research on the same,names will be very helpful.Thanks.
Old 21st March 2008, 22:54   #53
BHPian

I think i'l stick to a ported enclosure for my sub.Which one would you suggest?I am looking at a 10" sub,kinda on a limited budget say 6-7K.
Old 21st March 2008, 23:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
I think i'l stick to a ported enclosure for my sub.Which one would you suggest?I am looking at a 10" sub,kinda on a limited budget say 6-7K.
For that kinda price, you can get 12" JBL and Ground Zero subs that will rock in a ported enclosure. Search the other threads for the exact model number.
Old 25th March 2008, 09:26   #55
BHPian

has anyone fitted a 6.5" component speakers in the stock front door location in fiesta??

If it's difficult to fix it in stock location, what are the other options for fiesta??
Old 26th March 2008, 01:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
has anyone fitted a 6.5" component speakers in the stock front door location in fiesta??

If it's difficult to fix it in stock location, what are the other options for fiesta??
Stock size is 5x7.

Polk, Hertz, Soundstream, JBL have 5x7 components.

If you want to go for another size like the 6.5" you have to use a spacer.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I dont thik Fiesta speakers are much to write about eaither and they definitely dont provide an amp as standard equipment.
Just listen to the stock system in an SX4 or a Corolla, and then listen to the Fiesta system. You will know what I mean.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like all sxi owners are in the same boat ! God help us.
Yea..vnabhi we all are indeed in the same boat!! And i agree with you, the stock system in the Fiesta sounds anytime better than the one in the Corolla for sure and this is my personal experience since we have a Corolla in the family. Infact the stock system in our Corsa Sail 1.6 also sounds good than the one in the Corolla.. My dad is not allowing me to change the HU in the Fiesta since hes in love with the 6 in-dash cd changer, and so i am waiting for it to go kaput
Old 26th March 2008, 13:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
My dad is not allowing me to change the HU in the Fiesta since hes in love with the 6 in-dash cd changer, and so i am waiting for it to go kaput

Need help with that? Do bring your car for our next meet. WE shall let Shrivz have his way with it

On a serious note, why not just a speaker upgrade? Maybe add an amp & sub?
Old 26th March 2008, 13:41   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

5.25" speakers can be installed in the stock locations of the Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks