Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

has the plan been delayed for the speaker upgrade....
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:29   #17
BHPian

There is no delay as such in teh plan... Am waiting for the new LRX series to arrive from Italy.....
Also am yet undecided on the speakers...... .. Will need to hear some more stuff before I can take the plunge....
Will need to explore more exhaustively since it is a MAJOR UPGRADE... which will serously deplete my already depleted bank account....

Last edited by sk456 : 22nd January 2007 at 10:31.
Old 22nd January 2007, 20:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
guys a small step to my upgrade was undertaken today...got the damping done...
Good amount of damping was done on front doors, boot and the roof.. as much is possible on a poor old Santro..( not a great car for ICE )..

Post damping.... much more defined bass is now audible from the sub..plus the fronts of course also sound so much better......the irritating jarring from the doors are gone...
dude, pix pls!

and the brand and quantity used
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:22   #19
BHPian

Sorry,cudnt take pics..there was a mini Team Bhp meet going on at DRIVEN at the same time.... so was utter chaos as you can very well imagine..... in fact everyone was wanting to hear teh ICE..but my car was totally stripped down.... damping got over at 10 PM at night.... Dunno about the damping brand or quantity used ..cost me almost 5K
Old 23rd January 2007, 00:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry,cudnt take pics..there was a mini Team Bhp meet going on at DRIVEN at the same time.... so was utter chaos as you can very well imagine..... in fact everyone was wanting to hear teh ICE..but my car was totally stripped down.... damping got over at 10 PM at night.... Dunno about the damping brand or quantity used ..cost me almost 5K

Re check.... about 32 Sq ft of JB/Gunman/Driven's own DIY creation... works great...
Old 23rd January 2007, 04:06   #21
BANNED

Nice to read about your first step. Damping is well worth the effort and money. Many people ignore it in Good ICE installs.
That DIY creation should be another secret weapon from JB & co I think.

Sad to know that You're still confused with the speakers. But in a way, That's nice too. Because while You're waiting for the New LRX to arrive, you can audition many of the decent brands of speakers to experience yourself and use your own ears to make the final decision.
Wise decision to use your own ears for the job. That's the most sensible thing to do while choosing ICE.
Old 23rd January 2007, 09:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That DIY creation should be another secret weapon from JB & co I think.
I was thinking the same. Dang installers and their secret potions... I'm jealous!
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I was thinking the same. Dang installers and their secret potions... I'm jealous!
Installing is not Rocket Science. There are no secret portions. Just a bit of common sense, a lot of elbow grease and some experience.
Old 29th January 2007, 19:38   #24
BANNED

BUMP!!! Any news?? Updates???
Old speakers?? New Amp???
Old 29th January 2007, 22:59   #25
BHPian

Well for a quick update folks!!!! Well have almost decided on the Dynaudio 342 component series...

Dynaudio - Authentic Fidelity

just gotta get it at correct prices...as they are sooo expensive
Am exploring the variuos import options...

Amp more or less decided on the Audisson LRX 6.9... i believe a fresh batch have left the Italian shores.....
Old 29th January 2007, 23:11   #26
BANNED

OMG!!! Yeah, OH MY GOD!!!!
Don't tell me you putting those into a Santro!! The car price would be cheaper than the ICE it seems.

Hey, move on everybody! We have another BIG install coming up!!
Old 29th January 2007, 23:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

SK, that set is really droolworthy! And 7" mid-basses -- cool! And you've finally decided on dome mids, huh?

And like Zak said, that's some really serious money going into a Santro! (Counting even just the front comps and amp -- leave alone the HU and the ID sub). I can't imagine how good they'd sound, fed by that audiophile HU of yours.
Old 30th January 2007, 12:59   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well for a quick update folks!!!! Well have almost decided on the Dynaudio 342 component series........
Please USE YOUR EARS before you pay hard cash for expensive speakers Please Please Please. At these prices one man's food can easily be another man's poison.
Old 30th January 2007, 15:37   #29
BANNED

completely to what NavinJi said. Use this as an underlined advice before you put your money down.
Just make sure you know what You're buying.
Energy series from Hertz is quiet different from many other speakers. You used to enjoy it I think. Now, you want to get something more better sounding. Right?
My advice is to try changing the amp first. Put that LRX You're getting. And feel the sound. If you still feel like upgrading the speakers, That'll make more sense.
Your current Pioneer amp is a very basic amp and it is the most inferior thing in your current setup.

Keep us updated.
Old 30th January 2007, 15:52   #30
BHPian

wel I HAVE heard my set up using a Audison LRX... there WAS a considerable improvement .... Nevertheless, a speaker upgrade IS needed together with a better Amp...... I WILL try and hear more stuff before I finally handover the greenbacks.... It is however not always possible to hear ICE... especialy componenent speakers as they are not easily installable. ...
One soemtimes does have to go with reviews and experience of fellow ICERS... What I have attempted is tried to hear speakers of different BRANDS of similar price ranges...
Most importantly, I have tried to undertand what good music should sound like... I hope that enables me to make a good choice... Tips from you audio gurus has cetainly helped me in this direction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks