Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 21:09   #241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Hi Monty,

Excellent installation. I have 2 questions. What is the stuff stuck to the right of display and what is the purpose of the box on picture 10 (single din enclosure), under the seat.
Ans 1.
that thingy is Sony Ericsson's Car Bluetooth Handfree Kit.

Ans 2.
that single DIN is the Pioneer Stereo its disply or front part is in the pic above. we had to split it because there was not enough space to fit the Stereo where the display is. so we fixed the face under the screen and rest of its part went under the seat to load the CDs etc.

@abhinav.gupta88
i cant find his thread, i would have added. :(

Last edited by monty9991 : 5th January 2009 at 21:20.
Old 5th January 2009, 22:03   #242
BHPian

nice monty you replied to my thread and you forgot now that's really bad check it in sound show off section

by d way great setup !!

did you connect the hands free with carputer or not?

How you connecting your phone these days?
Old 5th January 2009, 22:49   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
nice monty you replied to my thread and you forgot now that's really bad check it in sound show off section

by d way great setup !!

did you connect the hands free with carputer or not?

How you connecting your phone these days?
sorry dude.. i was searching your thread in DIY section.
anyways, are you talking about the swift setup or mine alto's setup for the phone connection?

BTW we both are using Sony Ericsson Car Bluetooth kit, but different models.
i am using HTC touch and had problems in connecting with bluetooth, so not making much hassel i used sony ericsson's car handfree kit.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:06   #244
BHPian

Hi All Carputer Gurus,

I am interested in creating my own carputer for my baleno. I have an old computer with me that I am interested in converting. My computer spec are AMD AM2 4000+, 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HDD, ASUS Motherboard with Dual DVI support (AMD 360G setup), Bluetooth Dongle and 5.1 setup.

i would like to know what all would hardware would be required to setup my carputer and where can I source all these required hardware as I have no friends who travel from abroad and who can source these for me.

By the way I plan to store my Cabinet in the boot so the size would not matter.

I know i would require the following things

1. DC to DC convertor (Don't know where to source it from)
2. Touch Screen which can fit in the dashboar double din slot.
3. Screens in the headrest for movie playback
4. I already have a HTC phone with in built GPS, can that be used for navigation ? I have the maps and have been using the phone as navigation system using Google maps.

Am i missing anything, kindly help. I am not interested in know the OBD thingy as I am not that tech savy for vehicles and have no knowledge on them. My only reason for the carputer is the entertainment and navigation along with storing some important files and yes Bluetooth for the phone while driving.

Regards,
Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 8th January 2009 at 00:08.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:12   #245
Senior - BHPian

1. DC to DC convertor :- SB-160D Automotive Power Supply | DC-DC Power Supplies | iRide Technologies

2. Touch Screen which can fit in the dashboar double din slot :- IRV-070SE VGA Touchscreen | VGA Touchscreen Monitors | iRide Technologies

3. Screens in the headrest for movie playback :- NECVOX FD-7569 (available at most car audio shops [price :- 3k to 5k]
)

4. I already have a HTC phone with in built GPS, can that be used for navigation ? I have the maps and have been using the phone as navigation system using Google maps :- Have not tried that yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Am i missing anything, kindly help.
You might also want to consider a cordless trackball keyboard and a slim DVD writer (Enter)

Last edited by badboyscad : 8th January 2009 at 00:29.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:50   #246
Senior - BHPian

Kailash,

I am also in planning stage for my carputer
Please check what is the peak and average power consumption of the PC you have and then plan , Desktop systems are power hungry and putting 500W SMPS is norm these days but this will drain battery of your car and leave you stranded.

Regards
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi All Carputer Gurus,

I am interested in creating my own carputer for my baleno. I have an old computer with me that I am interested in converting. My computer spec are AMD AM2 4000+, 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HDD, ASUS Motherboard with Dual DVI support (AMD 360G setup), Bluetooth Dongle and 5.1 setup.

i would like to know what all would hardware would be required to setup my carputer and where can I source all these required hardware as I have no friends who travel from abroad and who can source these for me.

By the way I plan to store my Cabinet in the boot so the size would not matter.

I know i would require the following things

1. DC to DC convertor (Don't know where to source it from)
2. Touch Screen which can fit in the dashboar double din slot.
3. Screens in the headrest for movie playback
4. I already have a HTC phone with in built GPS, can that be used for navigation ? I have the maps and have been using the phone as navigation system using Google maps.

Am i missing anything, kindly help. I am not interested in know the OBD thingy as I am not that tech savy for vehicles and have no knowledge on them. My only reason for the carputer is the entertainment and navigation along with storing some important files and yes Bluetooth for the phone while driving.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:47   #247
BHPian

Agree with Amit. Be careful while installing a desktop CPU in car. IMO, a new motherboard with Atom processor will set you back by 3k but will be worth it. You'll end up saving about 50 watts approx.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:49   #248
BHPian

guys really amazing setup you guys have got there. must say real brainy people here!but i have a doubt . why dont you guys connect the carputer directly to the amp? why through a head unit and why not directly. please throw some light on this.

Thanks, Regards
huwaeiguy
Old 10th April 2010, 17:07   #249
Senior - BHPian

I am running the setup with a direct connection of carputer to amplifier in stereo.
Do go through the output spec of carputer and the input rating of the amplifier before connecting them directly, else you can have fireworks if there is mismatch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks