Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 12:33   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Almost after one month, I am back with all the parts needed for my Car PC setup. Waiting for the weekend (Tomorrow) to finish my install. Keep tuning for the detailed report on the Install and some pics.
Now that the Baleno is nicely ICEd, Are you planning to get OBD II installed along with the CarPC? If so, let us know the details. I have a spare D600 laptop lying around in my house
Old 1st June 2007, 16:28   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Now that the Baleno is nicely ICEd, Are you planning to get OBD II installed along with the CarPC? If so, let us know the details. I have a spare D600 laptop lying around in my house
I bought the ELM 327 OBD II adapter, which is a multi protocol adapter. I tried to communicate it with the ECU of Baleno, but no luck. I did a research on this and the Balenos sold in India are equipped with a ECU made by BOSCH. This ECU is locked and the standard ELM based OBD Adapter can't communicate with the ECU. Either PIDs for ELM 327 need to be modified or any expensive adapter need to be procured to get it work. Still researching on it. Will post as soon as I get more info.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:25   #93
BHPian

very neat and clean install pal,congrat and enjoy
Old 13th August 2007, 23:09   #94
BHPian

Finally after a long time, I could able to some how finish the long pending Car PC Project. Still some more addition / modification has to be done, but now the base Carputer is working fine and mounted properly.

Here are some of the pictures I captured while doing the modification work.

Car Parked at SPROCKET, Hyderabad to start the work.

The Master : Hammid at SPROCKET.

Console Removed :

Console being resized to mount touch screen :

Console Re-Sized for the touch screen, HU and the Worldspace Receiver :

Cables (VGA, USB, RCA) laid off.

Screen and HU mounted :

Full Dash view with Screen, HU, WS Receiver, Blackberry Phone with GPS and WS Antenna at top. Due to lack of time, the WS receiver and antenna are mounted temporally. It will be fixed permanent at the same location.

Reverse Camera mounted :

Some pictures of PC in action :

The laptop is mounted in the back on a MDF board. The AMP, Laptop and Inverter are mounted on the same board. I will post the rest of pics tomorrow.
Old 14th August 2007, 02:03   #95

Soon Buddy, Can't wait to see the fully loaded vehicle.

Awesome Job....
Old 14th August 2007, 07:03   #96
BHPian

@syswhiz: Dude, great setup!

what have u actually done? can you please explain? Is there a touch screen there too?

I'm interested da... Who's done this job for you? Sprocket, Hyd? How much is the approx cost?

-EMD
Old 14th August 2007, 09:44   #97
BHPian

good to see you back maan... The install looks neat .. Hey one question. Does the world space satellite reciever works well in the car? What I know is that it doesnt work if the signal from the sat is frequently breaks.
Old 14th August 2007, 10:39   #98
BHPian

Sys_whiz,

Nice to see pictures of your car PC project. Very impressive. Where did you mount the CPU box? Under the seat? And the wiring? Can you please provide us with the details of the components used? It would help starters like me a lot.

Once again awesome pictures. Keep it up mate.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:20   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ranjit,

The install is looking really nice. Congratulations!

Do post pics of the trunk.

Ajay
Old 14th August 2007, 11:36   #100
BHPian

Hi sys_whiz, that's an awesome setup you have there. Thanks for taking the effort to share all this information.

Could you shed some light on the following -

1. Does the World Space receiver work in a car? I read on another thread here, that the antenna had to be pointed in a certain direction (I think it was East) to get reception.

2. Why do you have a separate HU installed, since you're playing all your music off the HDD?

Regards,
Cypher
Old 14th August 2007, 12:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Really nice setup, sys_whiz! Thanks for all those pics. More, please!
Old 14th August 2007, 14:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Top job sys_whiz. Bravo!
Old 16th August 2007, 16:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@syswhiz: Dude, great setup!

what have u actually done? can you please explain? Is there a touch screen there too?

I'm interested da... Who's done this job for you? Sprocket, Hyd? How much is the approx cost?

-EMD
The details about the project can be found in the initial pages of the thread. Yes the touchscreen is the main input device.

Yes, I did all the installation at Sprocket HYD. Pls check the thread for the detailed cost.
Old 16th August 2007, 16:15   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
good to see you back maan... The install looks neat .. Hey one question. Does the world space satellite reciever works well in the car? What I know is that it doesnt work if the signal from the sat is frequently breaks.
It works fine in Hyd, I am not sure about other cities. Pls go through the following thread for details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...s-india-8.html
Old 16th August 2007, 16:58   #105
BHPian

After the Screen was mounted, it was the time mount the laptop on the boot. I was little worried how to secure the laptop from the socks due to indian road conditions. Initially we planned to mount it on the backseat, near to the place where the Amp is installed. But we had no option to secure this. So we planned to fix both the laptop and the Amp on a MDF board.

The MDF board was cut and re-sized to fit the boot.

Once the MDF was carpetted, it was time to mount to mount the port replicator, which will hold the laptop. The precuation was taken to secure the laptop tightly and at the same time it should be easy to dock and un-dock the laptop.

The port replicator is now mounted and to secure the laptop while it is docked, four rubber and hard gel type of material were used.

Finished the mounting of both the amp and laptop on the MDF, tested by fixing the MDF on the boot.

Some lighting effect :

Final look after everything is mounted.

Final front view :

The Team

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks