Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 11:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Does 75.4 has high level input feature?
Gurus.....please please please can any one clear my doubt.
Old 12th March 2007, 11:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

B&T, you are absolutely right, Sprocket is in Ameerpet, close to a Food world and around 3-4KMS away from Airport. It is also at walkable distance from my place. But how come you are so much familiar with this place? I am amused.

Sprocket is a good to source JBL, Sony & Panasonic stuff. But their installers are nothing to be desired.
Old 12th March 2007, 12:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Does GTO 75.4 suppoprts high level (speaker level input directly from HU) inputs. I cound not find it in the specs ....
The 75.4 supports speaker-level inputs ("High-level input connections") according to the manual for the GTO 75 series amps.

Extract from page 2 of the manual
Quote:
High-Level Input Connections
The GTO75.2, GTO75.4 and GTO755.6 amplifiers
are equipped with speaker-level inputs
that allow you to add an amplifier to head
units that do not have RCA line outputs. The
speaker outputs for the source unit should
be connected to the amplifier using the supplied
connector (square four-wire plug).
Remember to check for proper polarity. The
GTO301.1, GTO601.1 and GTO1201.1 amplifiers
are not equipped with high-level inputs.
NOTE: When using the high-level inputs, the
AUX outputs can be used to pass a line-level
signal to another amplifier.
Quote:
... is GTO 75.4 and GTO 75.4 II same unit.
Duh... Don't know about that. Maybe Sam can help once he's back from Pattaya. But I don't think the 75.4 II is available in India with B&W yet?

Last edited by hydrashok : 12th March 2007 at 12:07.
Old 12th March 2007, 12:18   #49
BHPian

Thanks Hydra for the info. Actually I could not find this info in any pf the product specs.(I had not checked the Manual).

Quote:
Duh... Don't know about that. Maybe Sam can help once he's back from Pattaya. But I don't think the 75.4 II is available in India with B&W yet?
75.4 II is a product for UK market(checked in net) and why I asked this question is that, both 75.4 and 75.4 II specs looks similar and I found the high kevel input in 75.4 II. So if both product are same and different name in different market, then I could have assumed 75.4 supports high level input.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:01   #50
Team-BHP Support

Sys_whiz, most amps have high level inputs it dont cost much in most cases it is a simple volage divider.
Old 12th March 2007, 13:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sys_whiz, most amps have high level inputs it dont cost much in most cases it is a simple volage divider.
Thank You Navinji... I will go for 75.4 instead of 60.4 to drive the front comp and rear coax. Will use 60.2 to drive the Sub. Mono block will be costly.
Old 12th March 2007, 15:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Navinji... I will go for 75.4 instead of 60.4 to drive the front comp and rear coax. Will use 60.2 to drive the Sub. Mono block will be costly.
i would say go for a monoblock as it will result in better bass...the 60.2 could not be compared with a monoblock.....
Old 12th March 2007, 16:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why am I not surprised? :-)
But actually, you should be. I didn't say its close to Drink World! In matters of food, compared to some team Bhp heavyweights, I look like I'm on a fast for a few years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
B&T, you are absolutely right, Sprocket is in Ameerpet, close to a Food world and around 3-4KMS away from Airport. It is also at walkable distance from my place. But how come you are so much familiar with this place? I am amused.
A partner of Sprocket, originally from Bangalore, has now moved to Hyd and I had recently visited him to share an intoxicating evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
i would say go for a monoblock as it will result in better bass...the 60.2 could not be compared with a monoblock.....
I would say, go for a monoblock if you're driving a 2 ohm load, and a 2-ch amp in bridged mode if you're driving a 4 ohm load.
Old 13th March 2007, 04:26   #54
BHPian

Just finised the installation of Front end in my Laptop. Posting some pictures of the different features of the front end.

This is the main screen after the OS boots directly to the Frontend.

Media Player Shown Album Page

Media Player Folder Page

Media Player Single Album Playing

Mixer

Radio Mirchi - 98.3 FM

Notepad

On Screen Keyboard

GPS With Media Player. Media Player mutes when any GPS instruction is played.

OBD

OBD 2nd Screen

OBD Engine Light

Mobile Phone Integration

Dial a Number from on screen dial pad

Weather - Hyderabad

Web - Team-BHP

Web - DIY

Some Customization

Another Screen of Customization

Shortcut at the main Screen.

Had to remove some more screen shots of DVD Player, TV, Reverse Camera, Image Viewer etc due to the limited image upload quantity of 20.

Tomorrow I will post some pics of the HWs I have already received for my Car PC.
Old 13th March 2007, 05:53   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Yes this unit is of no use if a compatible HU or control is not in place. I am planning for C701 too. Instead of going with another HU, I will prefer the C701. It is specially designed for this type of DSP units.
sys_whiz.... man you are going to have a HU, DSP controller and a screen for carputer!..
have you planned out as to, how you gonna place all these in a baleno?..or have i missed something?....
HU and C701 would occupy a 2-DIN space and so where would you place your screen ?

regards,
ant.
Old 13th March 2007, 09:15   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
75.4 costs about 13K, 60.2 costs about 8K total about 21K. Instead of this get a 300.1 for 11K and a 60.4 for 10K. you will have a monoblock for your sub and your front and rear speakers (if limited to 80Hz) wont notice the difference between a 60.4 and 75.4.

If you already have the 75.4 and 60.2 use the 75.4 for the sub and front speakers and the 60.2 for the rears.
Old 13th March 2007, 09:15   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
sys_whiz.... man you are going to have a HU, DSP controller and a screen for carputer!..HU and C701 would occupy a 2-DIN space and so where would you place your screen ?.
I think there is gonna a be a drop down 7" screen.
Old 13th March 2007, 11:23   #58
BHPian

Quote:
75.4 costs about 13K, 60.2 costs about 8K total about 21K. Instead of this get a 300.1 for 11K and a 60.4 for 10K. you will have a monoblock for your sub and your front and rear speakers (if limited to 80Hz) wont notice the difference between a 60.4 and 75.4.

If you already have the 75.4 and 60.2 use the 75.4 for the sub and front speakers and the 60.2 for the rears.
Thank You Naveenji, I never thought this way(cost wise). I have not purchased the amps yet. So will go as per your sugestion.
Old 13th March 2007, 11:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
sys_whiz.... man you are going to have a HU, DSP controller and a screen for carputer!..
have you planned out as to, how you gonna place all these in a baleno?..or have i missed something?....
HU and C701 would occupy a 2-DIN space and so where would you place your screen ?

regards,
ant.
I am going to do a mod to the dash like bellow

Gurus, pls suggest if the way I am going to mod the dash is perfect or has some issues. I asked the Maruti workshop techcian about this and he told there won't be any issue.

Quote:
I think there is gonna a be a drop down 7" screen
Naveenji, I am not going to use the drop down screen. It will be little bit in-convience to use te touch screen.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Naveenji, I am not going to use the drop down screen. It will be little bit in-convience to use te touch screen.
How using the touch screen is gonna be inconvinient? Could you explain?.... I think using the touch screen is going to be more advantageous !....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks