Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2007, 10:25   #16
BHPian

Where to get all this installed from in Mumbai?
Asking cause I am flying to Singapore on the weekend to get full Audio equipment for a clients Civic.
1)Audiobahn subs
2)Focal components
3)JL Audio Amps
So once I get back with all the stuff need a rockin installer. He wants me to get installers from Bangkok( is willing to pay for tickets and stay for them), but I advised against it.
Old 10th April 2007, 10:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ View Post
where in mumbai do you work or live. there are good installers all over mumbai.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Asking cause I am flying to Singapore on the weekend to get full Audio equipment for a clients Civic.
1)Audiobahn subs
2)Focal components
3)JL Audio Amps
So once I get back with all the stuff need a rockin installer. He wants me to get installers from Bangkok( is willing to pay for tickets and stay for them), but I advised against it.
the focal componets are fine but which series......JL audio amps good.....but audiobahn subs....they are good....but will not match the focal and JL...I would consider any thing different here......shop a bit more in singapore you can get some nice stuff from there....Like I am getting.....
Old 10th April 2007, 12:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thank you everyone for the response

Finding a good installer one big task in bombay. What happens you bring in all the hi-end stuff and land up even with satisfactory installation, well the research and the money you pumped in goes down the drain. So 1 big job is to hunt for a great installer and decide after seeing the job they have done. --- Thanks Navin & Autophile for the detail info. Will deffinately look into Audison amps. Will get back to you after the search. Any idea where can i get the demo on Ill Audio, ID, DLS in bombay.
Old 10th April 2007, 13:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Info on Imaging Soundstage.

Hey I did some search and found some info on setting the speakers for the right soundstage. Also you will find a link for multi channel setup, very informative ..check it out http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/le...sounstage.html
Old 10th April 2007, 13:43   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Finding a good installer one big task in bombay. ...Any idea where can i get the demo on Ill Audio, ID, DLS in bombay.
Gunbir and Autophile can advise you on ID. They should have representation in Mumbai.

Illusion is represented by Bass and Trouble. But for DLS the only install I know of is LBM!
Old 10th April 2007, 14:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gunbir and Autophile can advise you on ID. They should have representation in Mumbai.

Illusion is represented by Bass and Trouble. But for DLS the only install I know of is LBM!
that only the speakers ......and that to one model......that is the irdium....
Old 10th April 2007, 14:43   #23
BHPian

just look at the work done by some of our fellow members and the kind of breathtaking products they represent and have installed.i am sure you wont have to look any further!!!!!
Old 11th April 2007, 00:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Head unit

Hey guys my search for good set of speakers is still on ..looks like got a long way to go ..Anyways have almost zeroed on the head unit which would either be Pioneer AVH-P7850 DVD or a Alpine DVI -9990, PXI-H99 Multimedia Manager, TMI -M990 Screen combo. And plan to add a AudioControl THREE.1 processer which would help on setting the gain in dash. like to know what are ur thoughts about it. Any users for the above PIONEER head unit. Thats right plan to setup multi channel setup for the audio video treat.
Old 11th April 2007, 02:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Alpine DVI -9990, PXI-H99 Multimedia Manager, TMI -M990 Screen combo. And plan to add a AudioControl THREE.1 processer which would help on setting the gain in dash.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

are you planing to add the above alpine F-1 Status equipment then you have to choose the other stuff like amp, sub, speakers, interconnect carefull....as this is some very nice stuff we are talking about.....only the above three things will cost you approx.... $2400+2600+1500=6500 or about Rs 2,92,500 that is a huge amount for a HU.....If you can spend then it is a very good option......anyways for how much are you getting this stuff.....

also after adding the above three alpine....you would not be needing the audiocontrol three.1 processor.......

also you are comparing some of the market most high end audiophile stuff with pioneer regular stuff.......I would consider the P9R with P9 processor.....which is a sutiable match of the alpine...

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 11th April 2007 at 02:34.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:30   #26
BHPian

If you don't want the DVD playback and video. Clarion DRZ-9255 / HX-D2 is also a very good unit.

On the lower side of F1 Status I would recommend Alpine IVA-D200 & PXA-H701 combo.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:50   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
also after adding the above three alpine....you would not be needing the audiocontrol three.1 processor..........
this is what crossed my mind just as i read the post. Invisible do have a good idea of what

a) ...you are trying to achieve
b) ...you are willing to spend to achieve that
c) ...your musical tastes are and how the components you choose will bet reproduce that.

Think this through. Slowly. And sit on that wallet while you do.
Old 11th April 2007, 11:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
If you don't want the DVD playback and video. Clarion DRZ-9255 / HX-D2 is also a very good unit.

On the lower side of F1 Status I would recommend Alpine IVA-D200 & PXA-H701 combo.
the clarion can only play the audio cd only....but the alpine combo can play virtually all the formats...like dvd, mp3 , vcd, audio cd......almost every thing....with a lots and lots of tunning function which you even cannot use with the PXA.......
Old 11th April 2007, 12:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1)Audiobahn subs
2)Focal components
3)JL Audio Amps
This combo I could not understand ,

Audiobahn subs with JL amps ?? Audiobahn only makes SPL oriented subs, so if you looking at a lot of BooM BooM, then it's fine (take it from me cos I have heard almost every sub by Audiobahn produced in the last 2 years),
JL chruns out some brutally efficient power which deliver the best of whatever they are rated at.
Old 11th April 2007, 12:26   #30
Team-BHP Support

blueraven, that is why i posted my post #27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks